It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow Jones Drags Down London as Rally Fades

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Dow Jones Drags Down London as Rally Fades

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The Dow Jones lost its early gains, dragging down European bourses, after concerns over the worsening outlook for companies overshadowed a government plan to spend $250bn (£142bn) to buy stakes in US banks.

European stock markets, which had risen sharply for a second day on expectations that the rescue would help alleviate the credit crisis, all came back.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14/10/08 by pause4thought]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Since the markets opened this morning there have been widespread sighs of relief.

It may be that the reality is now kicking in. The long-term prospects for recovery are dire, what with the remaining banks more saddled with debt than ever and the governments that have organized the bailouts also finding themselves saddled with vast debts.

Debt, debt, debt. That is the answer to unpayable debt.

What a great policy.

You can fool some of the people some of the time...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14/10/08 by pause4thought]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the update. I knew yesterday that it wasn't over. We'll see. I guess all we can do is sit back and watch the sh*t hit the fan. Thanks again

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
From what I have been reading this is mostly the fault of the The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds, and Colonel Sanders' Estate. So, in a way, you have done this to yourself.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mainer

I understand the others . . . but Col. Sander's Estate?

Please explain?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mainer

For a moment there I thought it might have something to do with greedy swindling self-seeking stock market brokers.

However when things are this volatile (I mean only hours ago I was reading about all-time record-breaking gains) it's enough to try and figure out the consequences for the average Joe, never mind the culprits.

*cough* recession *cough* unemployment *cough* repossessions *cough*...

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Speaking of the average Joe.. We got a letter from Wachovia the other day stating that they are now going to be charging a $5.00 fee for using an ATM that is not Wachovia owned.. This is what I mean. We are going to start seeing and feeling more of this market craziness more and more every day.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

Oh.. This is nothing new with my bank.. they've been charging their customers for years if other machines are used for transactions.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx
reply to post by Mainer

I understand the others . . . but Col. Sander's Estate?

Please explain?

new topics

top topics

join