It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electrical device problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I didn't know where else to put this so please move if it's not in the right spot mods.

Anyway, I've been hearing a lot of talk about people having problems with internet and radios and what not so I wanted to start a thread talking about all of the strange problems going on lately.

Is there a solar storm or something?

I just got my internet back after having a day without it, which isn't unusual when there's a storm but there weren't any. My speeds have been exceedingly slow for the last few weeks and pings have been strangely high. Youtube isn't functioning well at all.

My computer is clean from virus/ warez ect and I dont have any hardware problems but I'm not freaking out about it or anything. I dont want this to turn into a paranoia thread I'm just honestly wondering what's going on.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Lately, my connection (I have dsl) has been slow, and my outlook program hasn't been uploading my mail correctly for about 4 days.

I had an issue with Cable over the summer, so I switched to dsl. The cable would go out on my 3-4 times a day, just like if someone was in the house turning the cable out of the splitter box that is just inside the house.

Then, it would come back in just as if someone was screwing the cable connection back into the splitter box. I chalked it up to my deceased parents playing jokes on me, as I was the only one in the house EVERY TIME it happened. It would take the tv channels out at the same time, but they would come back on line at different times. This is odd, due to the fact that they all ran through the same line into the house and split inside.

The cable company could find nothing wrong, so I switched to dsl due to the high prices I was charged for cable service for internet access.

With the dsl, we still lose connection here and there, but it hasn't been as bad as it was with the cable set-up.

Just thought I'd share my experience, since everyone else is on the Oct. 14th posts today.

A_L

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
We have DSL here, it's generally pretty reliable as long as there's no high winds or electrical storms.

Seeing as how the suns at its least active time in a long time it MUST be the aliens. =)

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
i have a T1 at the office, and a fiber optic link at my apartment, (i know, be jealous) and i work at master control at a Broadcast TV station. here in NC i havent seen any problems at all, and I assure you I get 100+ calls if ANYBODY loses signal. Radio to me seems cleaner than usual, for AM stations that is. Ill keep on the lookout but we have only had one hour of downtime over the past year and that was due to user error.

Our digital streams do become unsteady in EXTREMELY high winds, resulting in a drop in picture for a second or two once in a blue moon, but thats just because we have a structural problem with our steerable satellite dish.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Alright cool, thanks for the input drsmooth.

Mainly the radio bit I've heard from the europeans, not here in the states. I do know several people stateside who've been having terrible connections.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I haven't had any radio problems, but I don't listen that often. I do live in the woods, so I know part of my probems with the cable was the winds/trees during higher winds, plus, I think they had some subcontractors working on some lines and didn't realize they were cutting me off daily...I just got sick and tired of calling the 800 number to get them to turn it back on.

I live in the middle of 30 acres in the woods with trees all around me, most people including the police don't seem to know where my house is. The mailbox at the end of the driveway just isn't a dead give-away for some people.

new topics

top topics

join