It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry about economy? Smash some plates and move on

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Angry about economy? Smash some plates and move on

news.yahoo.com

SAN DIEGO (Reuters) - All over sunny San Diego, tough economic times have forced people to cut back on their $4 lattes and sushi dinners.
ADVERTISEMENT

But one new business is booming -- and ka-booming -- precisely because of frustration from the worst financial crisis to hit the United States in decades.

Welcome to Sarah's Smash Shack, where pent-up patrons can relieve stress by hurling dinnerware and bric-a-brac against a wall, as hard as they can, day and night, seven days a week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This actually makes me sick. Our country, and our world is crashing down around our ears, and this is offered up. Money will soon be worthless, but these people want you to spend it so that you can set your "sheeple" status in stone. Nice. Very nice. Sounds a bit similar to, "Hey, we just got attacked by terrorists, and we're going to go to war with Iraq. How about you just go shopping!"
I'm so sick of this kind of stuff. I wish fortitude was contagious.

news.yahoo.com

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Some people can't get satisfaction indeed, their materialism is beyond normal human comprehension.

and let me guess, the dinnerware is made in.... China

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
As far as a marketing gimmic, gotta give the proprietors credit for this one. Granted, this is quite possibly the worst idea I have ever heard of, but, by and large people are idiots. Why face the mess our world is in when you can go spend a few minutes smashing drinkware and forget about the world.

The quote about the guy featured pretty much sums our society up. It feels better than filling the gas tank or paying off a credit card. Feeling better is always better than actual responsibility right? Oh, and if he and everyone else didnt use so much credit, maybe we wouldnt have this economic mess that we do today.

People like him and the ones who own this place represent all that is wrong with our culture. Frankly, they make me sick.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oreyeon

This actually makes me sick. Our country, and our world is crashing down around our ears, and this is offered up. Money will soon be worthless, but these people want you to spend it so that you can set your "sheeple" status in stone. Nice. Very nice. Sounds a bit similar to, "Hey, we just got attacked by terrorists, and we're going to go to war with Iraq. How about you just go shopping!"
I'm so sick of this kind of stuff. I wish fortitude was contagious.

news.yahoo.com

HERE HERE! Couldnt agree more!
It is exactly this mentality that got us in this collective situation.

top topics

join