It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow Jones down again

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well.. That was quick lol. So much for the "everything is better" theory. I just figured I'd post the Dow update because I know a lot of you are side tracked by the UFO phenomena.. Don't be completely distracted guys

Dow -128
Nas -56.50
S&P -7.70

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Expect all expectations to be useless with the market from now on.

Not a one line post.

edit:spelling

[edit on 14-10-2008 by unityemissions]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Thank you for the update OP, I in fact, have been side tracked by other things said to occur on or around this date. I hadn't bothered to check once I saw the Dow up over 100 points at the beginning of the day. Figured it would just rally back to over the 10,000 mark to show how our wise leaders have saved us from our pitiful selves again.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Everyone got giddy drunk over yesterday's meteoric rise . . . as if to say Everything is cool now . . . go ahead and resume with your wanton carefree spending on whatever it is your little heart desires . . . . . . . but a quick run of the credit card shows . . . .

At some point, reality is going to stick and there's going to be no 'up' days for a while.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
o_0 wow the dow and it french/german equivalent were all up 200-270 points when i checked them around lunch (5-6 hours ago) wasnt expecting it to nose dive again

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

I saw someone post something like that yesterday.. People just never learn. Like I said yesterday.. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I will never assume anything again with this market..

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Whatever action will happen after 3pm, The PPT will step in and drive it up or the large funds will start selling and drive it down. It has been the pattern for a week now.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mainer

Usually 2pm marks the sell off stage. Thats when we tend to see the market take a nose dive. I don't know to much about why they wait till 2pm though. Can anyone help me out with that one

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD
reply to post by Mainer

Usually 2pm marks the sell off stage. Thats when we tend to see the market take a nose dive. I don't know to much about why they wait till 2pm though. Can anyone help me out with that one

By that time, they've cleaned out the suckers and start selling off like mad to take their profits for the day, leaving the aforementioned 'suckers' holding devalued piles of pooh.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Techs are taking a beating today. NASDAQ has been down pretty much all day; the DJIA is kind of not a surprise but at the same time IS kind of a surprise. The financials are, for the most part, holding steady or increasing.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by anachryon
The financials are, for the most part, holding steady or increasing.

Amazing how feeding at the government trough strengthens the weak and downtrodden!!!!!

snarcasm noted

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by anachryon
Techs are taking a beating today. NASDAQ has been down pretty much all day; the DJIA is kind of not a surprise but at the same time IS kind of a surprise. The financials are, for the most part, holding steady or increasing.

Yeah, thats what stuck me as odd earlier. I saw that S&P and Dow was up, but the Nas was in the negative. I am so use to seeing all of them down or close to it. It was weird to see the Nas -40 and the Dow +118.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The reality that the best case result of all this is going to be a difficult Recession has set in on Wall St.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

If you look at the active stocks, the winners and the losers, it is easy to see that the ones making the largest gains today, and ensuring the DOW doesn't tank completely are the ones benefitting from the governement's injection of capital.

Without government interference . . . er . . . buddy bailouts . . . er . . . economic revitalization initiatives you'd be looking at a bleak day across the board.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

reply to post by GoalPoster

I saw someone post something like that yesterday.. People just never learn. Like I said yesterday.. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I will never assume anything again with this market..

Yes, I posted yesterday that the dow was up 900+ points and no where in my post did I say everything was back to normal. I was simply pointing out some good news. I even stated that I would be curious to see where is ends up at the end of the week or even the end of the month. If the dow falls only a couple hundred today that would be good news. Now if it falls 500+ that is bad. We are looking at trying to get market stability back and we are a long way away from that. We have earnings, job reports and housing reports in the next three weeks. All of which are going to be bad. However any wy you look at it the dow rising 900+ points was good. There is nothing bad with a little optimism. This board can definatly use it.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Wow. Relax. I wasn't talking about a TREAD. I was talking about a response to a thread that was posted. Try not to put a target on your own back.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

reply to post by tide88

Wow. Relax. I wasn't talking about a TREAD. I was talking about a response to a thread that was posted. Try not to put a target on your own back.

It doesnt matter. The market will probably lose 500+ today. So much for my optimism. Good thing I am not currently in the market. Talk about unstable. BTW, I am very relaxed and was mearly pointing out that I was one of those involved in saying the market was up, blah blah blah.. I am not posting anything positive for awhile anymore.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Yeah. It's dropping like a stone right now..but with the volatility we've seen lately it's anybody's guess as to what it's going to do.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come off that way. Please, positive is one of the things that everyone needs lol. Post away. Sorry again, I didn't mean it the way it came off. I didn't even realize what it sounded like till I just read it.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by netwarrior
Yeah. It's dropping like a stone right now..but with the volatility we've seen lately it's anybody's guess as to what it's going to do.

Not for long, the government is already buying in at their standard 3pm spending spree. They hate to leave us plebes worrying overnight.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join