It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oct 6th Objects in Night sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I hope this is alright to post here. I took some images earlier this month and still no idea if they were meteors or wht. I also must admit I've been having a good laugh at the whole FOL thing. But time to move on. I seriously DO believe there are other life forms out there.

Anyhow. All of my interesting images are here:

Unexplained sighting

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
i would hedge a bet that they are metors your bigger then normal ones ..maybe came in with that big one that came in over sudan...

Great photos tho!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Anything moving in the sky during a long exposure would cause a streak, and I can't see any streaks in the first image (or crop).

The second image is definitely interesting!

Did you see anything when you took it? It's definitely not a meteor, although the shape resembles the persistent train a bright meteor could create - however they never appear green in photos. The only thing that I can think of that could account for this, would have to be a fire-fly.

The third image is a meteor - I'm pretty certain of that!

I'll leave it for others to comment on your Sirius photo...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   

The second image is definitely interesting!

Did you see anything when you took it? It's definitely not a meteor, although the shape resembles the persistent train a bright meteor could create - however they never appear green in photos. The only thing that I can think of that could account for this, would have to be a fire-fly.

The third image is a meteor - I'm pretty certain of that!

I'll leave it for others to comment on your Sirius photo...

There were no active fireflies at the time of taking these pictures. (firefly season done with here) The morning of 10-6-2008 was actually quite active with meteors and moving objects. I'm familiar with satellites and aircraft at night and these objects are not those.

Also, not that it matters much, Location is Central Mississippi USA

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thrundar

I had a feeling you'd say it was past firefly season - but that's about all I can think off that might account for the image you got.

I used to have a link to a web page all about anomalous meteors which had some photos, including one of a wavering meteor (I believe it can be found in an old issue of S&T), but I've looked and looked, and I can't find it anywhere

As I recall, the changes in direction were much less pronounced than in your "meteor", and I remember discussions where fellow observers agreed that any off axis motion by a meteor would have to be fairly subtle. There is a page by Pierre Martin about anomalous meteors here which backs up my feelings on the matter.

There may well be a good explanation for this - I just can't think of it right now! For the moment this one remains a true UFO, although I think it's highly unlikely that this is anything ET related. I'm pretty sure I've seen a photo like this before, but I can't think where, or if the mystery of what it was was ever solved.

top topics

join