It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Monitoring Terror Plot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Police Monitoring Terror Plot

news.sky.com

"Another great plot" is being investigated by the authorities, counter-terrorism minister Lord West has warned.

"There is another great (terrorist) plot building up again and we are monitoring this," he told peers during a debate on new security laws.
More follows...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Well, I wonder if this is the false flag operation that people have been predicting for election time. I know this is over in the UK, but it it could very well be something staged for the Bush administration by allies over there. I guess we will have to wait and see until there are more details provided by the story. I just wanted to give a heads up on a possible large breaking event.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This is the reason why they are setting this up.

"Lord West also said he thought "we'd done rather better" during the debate in the Lords on Monday about the bid to extend terror detention limits to 42 days and was "horrified" at the scale of the government's defeat - the measure was thrown out by 309 votes to 118.

Within two hours of the Lords debate on Monday, the government announced it was dropping the 42-day proposal from the Counter-Terrorism Bill.

But the home secretary said she had written the plan into a separate one-page bill which could be pushed through Parliament quickly in the case of a national emergency. "

the bottom paragraph says it all.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

"There is another great (terrorist) plot building up again and we are monitoring this," he told peers during a debate on new security laws.

Lord West, the former head of the Royal Navy, revealed the existence of the plot as the House of Lords continued debating the Counter Terrorism Bill.
He gave no more details of the threat.

His warning came less than 24 hours after peers forced the Government to abandon plans to extend maximum pre-charge detention for terror suspects to 42 days.

Home Secretary Jacqui Smith dropped the measure from the Bill after it was defeated in the upper house by 191 votes.

But she warned critics that they were exposing the country to a greater risk.

Ironic that it comes after the government lost its bid to increase detention times for anyone deemed a terror subject.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ninthaxis

There's loads of plots going on in the UK right now, probably hundreds by disaffected poverty stricken Muslim youth in the ghetto cities of the North. It's just a matter of time before another big one like 7/7 happens again. Could be false flag but so what? They're gonna get through at some stage, again and again and again.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

So you believe it is a realistic threat and not one made up or instigated by either the US or UK? I can sympathize with that point of view, although the timing is rather coincidental to me.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Having worked for the police in england i will tell you whatis going on here. they found some people, and they are transmitting thoughts into there minds to commit a act. Its total bull, and without mind control, they would not be doing it.

This is what the police do in england, if they think your a terrorist, they will be mind raping you 24-7, and they will also be transmitting thoughts into there minds.

I worked for the police in england and have experience, in these matters. It is all a con, if they hate someone, they will do these things, to destroy lifes.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

He told peers: "Some of the measures that we have put into place in the past 15 months have made us safer, but that does not mean that we are safe.

"The threat is huge. It dipped slightly and is now rising again within the context of 'severe'. There are large complex plots. We unravelled one, which caused damage to al Qaida and the plots faded slightly.

"However, another great plot is building up again, which we are monitoring.

"We have done a great deal to protect ourselves and to look after our water supplies, our resilience, underground trains, our preparedness and communications.

"We have done all the things that we need to do, but the threat is building - the complex plots are building."

Now it doesn't seem to be a specific threat after reading this. More of a general plot that could happen unless more laws and measures are put into place. It would appear to me the government is the true terrorist, using fear to push legislation.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

I think you ought to read this bit again from an article about this on the BBC news website;

"But the home secretary said she had written the plan into a separate one-page bill which could be pushed through Parliament quickly in the case of a national emergency. "

In my opinion it's just scare tactics to get us all bleating, like good little sheep, for the government to trample over our rights some more. I personally don't think there's been a genuine (non false flag) terrorist attack in the UK since the IRA ceasefire.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The problem I have, is that between Brown, campbell (yes I know he's left and allegedly doesn't like brown) and mandelson I have trouble believing ANYTHING this government says.

We have had well over ten years of spin - this may just be more of the same, or it may indeed be a false flag op.

The major concern is that people really will believe the spin and the hype.

Are there terror cells operating in the UK?
Undoubtedly.

Is there going to be a major "event"?
Perhaps.

Are the government going to use rule by fear to get their way?
No question whatsoever, that is exactly what they will try.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ninthaxis

Yes I reckon there's going to be a big one quite soon. The night before the night before 7/7 I had this dream about bulidings and buses being blown up, like the most vivid dream ever. Next day I phoned Scotland Yard, the lady on reception laughed and said she'd pass it on! Then I phoned the US Embassy in Grosvenor Square. The person who answered the phone seemed to take me a little more seriously, though they said they couldn't do much because they filling in for staff who were on some public holiday! Twenty four hours later boom boom, you can't help 'em all.

new topics

top topics

join