It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Extra Terrestrials would not vist earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Ask yourself this question

Why would a space fairing race decide to visit us earthlings?

Answer.....they wouldn’t!!!

Why you may ask?

1) If there is another space fairing race out there with the ability to travel the stars...That would lead us to believe that there would be a lot of life out there

2) If there is lots of life out there I’m sure there would be a lot more planets with more advanced technology and more advanced socially
who would be better Candidates to make "First Contact"

3)Look at ourselves we can’t even mange to be friends with each other Our Own DNA, Racism, Sexism every form of Decimation exists in even the most Developed of Countries and Societies so Logically why would you expose yourself to that?

we are not in the right frame of mind to be contacted by aliens (Maybe Studied just like we have zoos)

Once the world unifies under the flag of humanity maybe then we might take the notice of other life forms out there

But as i said Don’t be sad if you really had your hopes pinned on today, take solace in the fact that you are of this mind and it shows there is hope for us yet

*Note to mods - Previous post is GFL related but more related to why we wouldnt get first contact* ..also pointing to that topic that is going at about 20 pages a hour ...that aient a topic just a flame feast

[edit on 14-10-2008 by TreX-UK]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
My understanding is this. The next step in "evolution" is sort of a spiritual one. A one where you are calm and love everyone. This would result in a world of togetherness.

If these aliens are intelligent, they are very into this togetherness thing. That is why they would want to help us. Yes there is multiple life planets out there, but perhaps every system has it's appointed sub faction of these extraterrestrials (who, if they are capable of travelling, would probably be organized into a federation, since it's the smart thing to do. We'd do that too).

Who says we are the first contactees?

And they can see how much potential we have as race. Yes we have done and do some terrible things, but there are moments of serenity and selflessness that come out sometimes through humans. It is more rare in this time, but we have the capability for extreme love.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
i did not mean we would be the First species these ET's contacted,
sort of meant it in the Star trek sense

As that is the most logical way to make first contact with a species that does not widely accept there is other life in the universe or a species that still continues to worship gods...

cant really agree that we have done anything great as a race, maybe the only thing..Computers and the Internet as it brings us all closer together, but alas also the dark side of humanity is on the net

Apart from that ever other major event in human history is pretty much based around War, Murder, and Greed ...not great candidates to join a federation of sweet love and harmony

but hey we are getting there
just saying at the moment we are no way near ready

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I did not mean as a race.

I meant as an individual. For example, our art and music: www.youtube.com...

Or individuals performing selfless acts, think Mother Theresa

Honestly, we would be a much more peaceful world if it wasn't for the media and the psychological warfare from the PTB.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
99.99999% of people get along fine.

Its just that the media focuses on the ones who dont - deliberately, since fear sells.

I rarely meet someone I dont like in life, and when I do, its usually because they have decided to not like me.

Besides, why would aliens think in such limited ways as humans do? "These people are not civilized enough, lets ignore them". Thats what we would do, sure.

But maybe they are better than us. Maybe thats why they have survived where others didnt.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TreX-UK

Well spoken

An extra terrestrial race that would have the technology to travel through the universe would have lost contact with it's own history and roots, just like we are loosing ours because of global brainwashing and the progress(?) of technology.

That would make us an interesting species to study...

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
i would have thought that any space faring civilization would be interested in another planet as soon as they break into space.

put if this way if your a gardener and a new insect appeared on the edge of your well kept lawn and appeared to be spreading would u not take an interest?

as your incharge of keeping the garden nice it is your responsability to look, inspect and study the new insect. just incase its gonna eat all your roses when the time comes.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Excellent posts Trex. This is my line of thinking too.

The universe could quite conceivably be swarming with life of all levels of intelligence and development. Who would be particularly shocked to learn Mars, at some point, had some form of primitive life? ..and that's just next door.

We could just be one of many, many civilisations at a similar(ish) stage of development.

Do relatively advanced (interstellar traveling) civilisations have to spend all their time liberating all "lower" civilisations? If you help one, where does it end?

It makes much more sense, from my point of view, to allow civilisations to grow and develop independently. It's a much healthier thing.

Remember, there's no going back once an advanced civilisation has made official contact with a planet like ours. They would have to share all their technology with us. Which i believe would include drastic life extension technology (practical, although not literal immortality).

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
We as humans will never be able to co-exist with an ET race until we are able to co-exist with each other

SR

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Indeed there would be no point imo;

If there here to take us on a spirtual journey then by the very defintion that there still occupying and subject to the physical laws of the universe sounds like a bit of a scam to me personally but i'd be open minded about it.

Plus i don't seeing it going down to well if they talk to much about certain things and start pulling out some supreme logic trains, I can't see the multiple religions around the world being reduced to a joke and the followers of the religions who've spent there whole lives believing it taking it kindly.

I can't see the powerful willingly wanting to losing control over the people and reduced to nothing more than a joke.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Jesus gave people the choice to follow him or not. He didn't make people follow, or coerce them. Any aliens come to our little pebble, they're getting shot at. If they are enlightened, they'll keep going after the first shot.

If they are real, they are adventurers. Perhaps teenagers working on science projects. Or worse, drunken teenage cow tippers.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
As some have said previously. I don’t think they would make their presents known straight out. It would cause way too much disruption of human culture to do so would possibly destroy mankind. However a slow introduction to the possibility of alien life would be the intelligent way to bring about a global change in Ideologies and religions.

The first rule of studying anything is known no intrusion do not disturb what your trying to study in it’s own natural environment. If they came here to study a primitive society they would not introduce themselves and say Hi.!

If we were discovered accidently I still think they would take some time to evaluate the situation and then decide if we were worth contacting but all they really have to do is watch the BBC, or CNN and get the real picture of how man is inhuman to man. And therefore not ready for an interspecies relationship.

that's why they would not visit Earth
IMHO

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SGSPatriot

We as humans will never be able to co-exist with an ET race until we are able to co-exist with each other

Well, I disagree...

I would think we would be able to co-exist with another race simply because because they would be 'alien' to us...

Our only pre-conceptions come from movies and literature, and that is all fabricated (I think)...and I would think that those notions would evaporate as soon as they introduced themselves...

They may turn out to be jerks, but only time would tell. And since we would be humbled by them taking the time to say "hi", more than likely we would look to them for guidance and input...

As for the OP:
Trex posted:

If there is lots of life out there I’m sure there would be a lot more planets with more advanced technology and more advanced socially who would be better Candidates

Wouldn't those planets that are more advanced than us be a larger threat to the visitors as well? Who's to say they don't pull a "you knocked on our door, now you're staying whether you like it or not..."?

Once the world unifies under the flag of humanity maybe then we might take the notice of other life forms out there

Or, another view is that they may stay away as there will only be one prevailing opinion from us, rather than multiple ones...and if that opinion is hostile, they stand no chance of a meet-n-greet...

Either way, good stuff.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
perhaps we are the closest planet with life?

perhaps they have not found any other planets that contain something as beautiful as love?

perhaps something is unique about our planet?

perhaps earth life tastes yummy?

who knows... why wouldn't they visit us if they could? do you know of any other planets with life on it in our solar system? that is one thing that makes us unique in this area of space -shrug-

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TreX-UK

Ask yourself this, what has man done since he begining of time and is still doing so now?

Explore/exploration

So using simple logic, one would have to assume the same of another advanced intelligent species.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TreX-UK
Why would a space fairing race decide to visit us earthlings?
Because they could do it.

If we (humans) are an example of how an intelligent (yes, I know that may be debatable, specially today
) race thinks, curiosity would be a good enough reason.

If I see something I do not know I investigate it, even if it is only a small rock that looks different. If I had the time I would like to investigate everything I do not know, I am the kind of person that picks up a dictionary just to see where did a word came from (and I do it almost every day).

For an extraterrestrial race with some curiosity, I think it would be natural to study all that they could reach; we did it by land at first, then by sea, by air and finally we get out of our own planet to study other planets, why shouldn't they do the same?

Even if there are many planets with different life systems, if we are different then we could be on the "to do list" of the alien scientists.

Or we could just be on a list of those that are looking for different materials, like the Europeans did with their travels to the other continents.

Or we could be visited by those that only want to travel because they have the resources for doing it, imagine an alien Richard Branson.

The fact that we are somewhat violent does not mean that we are not interesting, if the aliens are not violent then they may be even more interested in our behaviour, or they may be violent but not enough, and want to learn some things about; or they are even more violent than us and are just laughing at us.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
While your idea "if it's there, they'll investigate it" is a sensible one, i don't think that's how it is. At least, it may have been initially, but not anymore.

If there were only 4 or 5 planets with intelligent life on them in the entire universe i would most definitely agree with you're saying but my hunch is that it's much more likely that there are many, many planets with all levels of life and intelligence on them.

For example - on Star Trek is it so difficult to believe that they just leave more primitive planets to develop on their own? No, because you understand the situation, the universe has lots of life and perhaps a few of the more advanced civilisations got together and decided on a code of conduct.

I also don't think it's hard to believe that if there were a few different advanced civilisations, they would organise themselves in a similar way to how our countries have done on earth. Although it'd be done much more intelligently obviously.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwatcher
reply to post by TreX-UK

Ask yourself this, what has man done since he begining of time and is still doing so now?

Explore/exploration

So using simple logic, one would have to assume the same of another advanced intelligent species.

Yeah you forgot expoiltation.

Another of man's fun past times.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TreX-UK

Theres a difference between first contact and visitation. Your premise is based around the idea some race would want to talk to us. Maybe they dont, maybe they wish to study and categorise us as science has a habit of doing.

Maybe they want some resource we have and they dont. Maybe they want the whole planet.

Anything is possible and assuming the motive of alien life if it exists is a big jump. We dont know what aliens might be like, what they might want and why they might come here or not.

top topics

join