It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doom3

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I got doom3beta2,it's cool,but it made me dizzy.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
looks like u need alot of power to run that game

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yah my buddy has that game I nearly crapped my pants playing it one of the scariest games ever made.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Do they make trhat for PS2? There haven't been many FPS games out lately.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I'll probably crap my pants just seeing the specs required for playing the game.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
ive heard the specs r gonna be bout the same as far cry which aint to bad to get u up and runnin but to pull any performance ur talkin 3gig pentium/athlon 1024mb ram and a 256 top geforce/radeon graphics card.

these games r really gettin good now.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I think it's a conspiracy with the hardware vendors. Hey, why don't we create a game that we can bundle with a $250 video card, and have the specs need more RAM than the average pc is sold with. Why we're at it, let's design the game on a prototype chip that won't even be out for another 3 years. BS is what I call it.

I played the "leaked" demo over a year ago. It ran choppy on my top of the line pc.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
I'll probably crap my pants just seeing the specs required for playing the game.

Here are the requirements for the game:

Minimum:
CPU: 800 MHZ - 1 GHZ
GeForce 3 TI/ATi 9600 Pro
RAM: 256 MB RAM

Standard:
CPU: 1.7GHZ-2GHZ
GeForce 4 TI 4400/4600/ATi 9700/Pro
RAM: 512 MB RAM

Optimal:
CPU: 2.5 GHZ - 2.8 GHZ
GeForce 5800FX/5900FX/ATi 9800 Pro
RAM: 786-1024 MB RAM .

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Thanks Ocelot, now I gotta get new pants.

Nah, just kidding, I actually might be okay.

Athlon 2400+ (@2Ghz), GeForce 4 with 64 Mo, 512 Mo DDR Ram @ 333 Mhz

It's not optimal, but if I lower a few settings I might get it to run nicely.

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Thanks Ocelot, now I gotta get new pants.

Nah, just kidding, I actually might be okay.

Athlon 2400+ (@2Ghz), GeForce 4 with 64 Mo, 512 Mo DDR Ram @ 333 Mhz

It's not optimal, but if I lower a few settings I might get it to run nicely.

It might run but I would recommend the following upgrades:

Get another 512mb stick of RAM and up your memory to 1024MB's. That will really improve how smoothly the game runs. I would also recommend upgrading your video card to an ATI 9700PRO, 9800 or 9800PRO. You can get a 9700pro for less that $200 and the 9800 non pro for $170 and it will run everything you throw at it without breaking a sweat.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If they don't get this out soon, I'll scream! I feel it's been the longest wait ever for this one.

The 'Demo' runs fine for me.

Athlon XP 2400+
1.5 GB RAM
Nvidia FX5900

Also, bring on HL2!

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Thanks Ocelot, but I don't need any recommendations. I build PCs as a job. Bought mine like 2 years ago. But right now, I'm investing on my car, not my PC. And I'm just don't dedicat as much time for gaming as I used to.

As for your suggestion, they're allright but I prefer to stick with Nvidia based cards. I never liked Ati, and yes, I've worked with them a lot, must have started around the first Rages with 8 mo of memory.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
The 'Demo' runs fine for me.

Athlon XP 2400+
1.5 GB RAM
Nvidia FX5900

Also, bring on HL2!

Yeah it should run great with that setup. You've got more than enough RAM and a good vid Card. Im an ATI fan myself since their cards are way better but the game should run great on your 5900.

I cant wait or HL2!

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Thanks Ocelot, but I don't need any recommendations. I build PCs as a job. Bought mine like 2 years ago. But right now, I'm investing on my car, not my PC. And I'm just don't dedicat as much time for gaming as I used to.

Sorry I didnt know you were a fellow pc technician
. I also have a small PC Bussiness. I specialize in GAMING Rigs. I build some of the Sweetest machines you can get here in Puerto Rico. I always use ATI cards for my gaming machines unless the customer wants an NVIDIA one. Ive never had a problem with ATI.

ATI + AMD64/FX =

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
About the ATI/NVidia war. My opinion is that they both make amazing cards. If you can afford the newest, you get amazing quality. There's always a new one on the horizon.

I regularly play at lan parties and Walking up and down, you can't spot the difference just by looking. On close inspection, ATI cards have slightly better AA, but I prefer the stability in OpenGL for 3D Max (the other use for my computer) that Nvidia drivers give. So, they both rock, imo.

I'm considering a dual opteron system at the moment, it seems the best way to get uber performance for an acceptable amount of money. I wonder how well games will run on an Opteron. Any idea?

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I'm considering a dual opteron system at the moment, it seems the best way to get uber performance for an acceptable amount of money. I wonder how well games will run on an Opteron. Any idea?

I would wait for the new 939 socket AMD mobos to come out and build yourself an Athlon FX System! Games run incredibly AWESOME with the AMD64 and FX CPU's.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Indeed, I'm tempted to do that. The thing is that I use a PC for number crunching as well as gaming, so I really want to have a dual processor machine.

However, when is the new AMD chipset out? I may end up saving the money and taking your advice

Don't I remember reading that the FX is an Opteron?

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by Zzub]

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   

However, when is the new AMD chipset out? I may end up saving the money and taking your advice

Don't I remember reading that the FX is an Opteron?

The new AMD Chipsets and Socket 939 should be out by May/June. At least thats what Ive read so far. And Yes the FX is basically an OPTERON on Steroids.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Ah, thanks for letting me know. I'll wait until then to make any decisions.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Ocelot

Yeah, I'm a fellow technician. About Ati/Nvidia, I think they both make great cards, but it's just a question of preference. It may also have something to do with that one time where my boss switched my geforce card (at work) for an ati one, when I wasn't at the office. Then the next day, when I wanted to boot my PC, everything was completly #ed up, and I didn't had a recent image of my system, so I had to reinstall a # load of stuff. I never knew what that ass hole did wrong, swapping video cards usually isn't such a big deal. This might have affected my opinion of Ati lol. But as Zzub said, most people won't see the difference in games.

Haven't touched 64 bit processors yet, can you really see a performance difference in games?

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by m0rbid]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join