It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people continue to pay taxes?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Considering most politicians see the people as nothing but a source of funding, why do YOU still pay taxes?

If everyone stopped until responsibility was actually implemented in government spending, as well as eliminating all unconstitutional spending, the politicians would have no choice to but quit being idiots.

They cant arrest everyone, nor can they detain everyone.

What would it take to get you to stop paying taxes?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Constitutional Scholar
Considering most politicians see the people as nothing but a source of funding, why do YOU still pay taxes?

Taxation pays for the cost of civilization. Accountability comes at election time. Make the ba$tards pay then. Work the system, it's easier than trying to overthrow it and less people get shot.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Ah but income taxes do not.

If everyone simply changed their "withholdings", and filed exempt, the morons in DC would have no course of action other than to get responsible for once.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

If everyone stopped until responsibility was actually implemented in government spending, as well as eliminating all unconstitutional spending, the politicians would have no choice to but quit being idiots.

hey move to somalia, or sudan!!! the rich won't have to pay any taxes there!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

What a well thought out, intelligent reply.

Thanks for your valuable input.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I pay them solely because I dont want anybody kicking in my door at 3AM and shooting my family to death. I'm far more afraid of some typo on a return years ago getting myself killed by government gestapo than I am of being mugged by some crackhead thug. I can reasonably defend myself against the crackhead but defending myself against the government will surely end in my death.

Short reason, I'm a damn coward when it comes to the government.

I dont buy for one second that "taxes pay for civilization" bull. As if taxes have always existed. Taxes breed dependents who demand more "services" which create more taxes and more poverty and more dependents. It's a scam to enslave the masses no different than organized religion. Tithe to god government or we'll shoot you in the face. Extortion.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

It actually was an intelligent reply, which you failed to appreciate

Any country which we recognize as even moderately civilized has taxation.
Most countries which we consider a dump don't have an effective or enforceable taxation. If this doesn't solve it for you, nothing will.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Constitutional Scholar

Your avatar leads me to believe you may be familiar with the late Aaron Russo's film "Freedom to Fascism". I happened to see for the first time last night. Astonished. There is no constitutional basis for income tax in the US. In 1913 a cabal of bankers abused due process and instituted income tax with no legal ratification whatsoever.

I'm having trouble finding the full length feature but here's a lead to get anyone who's not seen it started:-

uk.youtube.com...

Check out the ex IRS employees who've tried to take their masters to task!

[edit on 14/10/08 by Catesby]

[edit on 14/10/08 by Catesby]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I dont buy for one second that "taxes pay for civilization" bull.

Is it a divine mystery to you that fundamental research, on which all technology is ultimately based, is mostly funded with tax money?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Catesby

Yup, F2F was a great film. I have had my own battles with the IRS (for fun)

A grand total of 6 people in the IRS Tax Law division could not tell me the following:

The definition of income as used in the IRC

They could not tell me which specific law required me to pay any form of income tax

2 of them flat our refused and said "it wasn't their job to tell me the law".

Why anyone continues to give the criminal organization known as the IRS a dime of their money is beyond me.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Catesby-

Here is the link to the full film:

Freedom To Fascism

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

ok... that was a little crass humor... but if people did not pay their taxes, and if it was done on a grand scale, could put our country into chaos. we need to work within the system to use a scalpel rather then an axe, to make sound tax cuts.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by jimmyx]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Its only funded with tax money because its available. You mean to tell me that if government stopped taking my money and giving it to others universities and private companies wouldnt continue seeking newer, faster, cheaper ways of doing things funded privately for either investment or donation?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
As much as I resent my hard earned money going to a bloated military and corporate bailouts I would like to avoid penalties and jail time. I pay them because I am pretty sure I have to.

link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

reply to post by jimmyx

ok... that was a little crass humor... but if people did not pay their taxes, and if it was done on a grand scale, could put our country into chaos. we need to work within the system to use a scalpel rather then an axe, to make sound tax cuts.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by jimmyx]

Screw an axe, we need industrial strength chainsaws to cut spending.

Billions to Africa ? No need for that.

Various social programs? No need for those either.

All foreign aid? Definitely no need for that.

Need I continue?

link   

Catesby-

Here is the link to the full film:

Freedom To Fascism

Superb, thanks. You're the first thread I've flagged. No matter what people's opinions may be, the fact remains that generations have & still are being hoodwinked out of their own bread & butter. I hope this thread runs CS!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Constitutional Scholar

I have always thought the same thing in regards to our military. They can't throw the entire armed forces into jail...so why don't they just refuse to fight anymore?

The same reason everyone will continue to pay their income tax: Ignorance and brainwashing.

If those in the armed forces realized the blatant lies this war was sold to us on, and that those doing the lying are those who benefit from it, then they would stop being responsible (directly or not) for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocents.

If those who pay income tax would realize the blatant lies of the income tax laws, and that those doing the lying or those who benefit from it, then they would start being responsible, and not pay into the corrupt little system that is the IRS.

It will never happen though, and at a point I throw my hands in frustration and say: Fck it.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by buddhasystem

Its only funded with tax money because its available. You mean to tell me that if government stopped taking my money and giving it to others universities and private companies wouldnt continue seeking newer, faster, cheaper ways of doing things funded privately for either investment or donation?

No. Each individual branch of research has its own timeline. There are cases when "time to market" can be 10, 20 or God knows how many years. With such unknowns, no private investor will ever fund these activities.

Universities' research (which is pretty good by world's standards) is done mostly with govt money. And frankly, things like background microwave radiation, which are really cool to know, would not recieve any private funding at all. So as a society, we'd lose.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

The income tax you pay does nothing to support our infastructure. Not paying your income tax would not send our country into chaos. Do a search around and discover what your income tax actually pays for.

I say again, the problem with this country is ignorance; both forced and accepted.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

The IRS is a trust of Puerto Rico. There is no legislation verifying it's existence or commission. As far as I can tell, it's lawfully infelicitous. Furthermore, it is voluntary and unconstitutional. Therefore, I opt out. I recommend all people do the same. Thomas Paine would applaud your bravery.

Considering 43 presidents have Royal English Bloodlines, your rebellious acts is thoroughly supported by the spirits of our Founding Fathers.

WE ARE A COUNTRY OF FREE PEOPLE! WE NEED NOT STAND FOR ANY TYRANNY!!

Your honor,

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join