It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC World News - Unidentified Objects

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
If you look at the close up shots you can see the object is in front of the building and behind the anchors head, so unless bbc is playing around its some interesting footage, funny thing is whouldent the cameraman notice and be like

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The large screen grabs are nice....

A direct digital feed would definitely make things clearer...

I notice that the bottom half of the object seems to look grayish. I don't know, just find this stuff interesting!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It's probably some consolation that it was REALLY cloudy in West London today, all day.

Absolutely no idea if this was the same near Canary Wharf.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by schism85
reply to post by indigothefish

Why is this disinformation? Where do you get your information from? That is a pretty big conclusion to jump to don't you think?

Are you forgetting where you are, mate?!

This is ATS! The forum where we had people panicking during the NYC blackout that it just had to be aliens or even the beginning of the NWO!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by saturnsrings

Originally posted by mellisamouse

Originally posted by ho chi minh
just one comment,the weather in london today is cloudy/overcast.The video clip appears to show a clear blue sky in the background.What you make of the background image is up to you but it was not shot at midday 14th october 2008.

I couldn't imagine them filming anything with a REAL window behind them to be quite honest. I worked in movies an television for years, and most of our filming was indoors away from any natural light unless it was a huge crowd scene.
Why not? He appears to be many stories up, so where would the crowd form? On the building on the right?

Erm... yeah, he might well appear to be several stories up but as your man said, this could well be blue screen, so therefor you wouldn't see the crowd, would you? Genius!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
id hardly expect anyone within the bbc to comment on this thread, though someone somewhere in the company would know something. What about the man being interviewed? has anyone looked for him yet or his family and friends, who would have probably been watchin at home? would a 24 hour newstation record and keep every bit of footage? also the objects seem to be too solid to match the flat backdrop, im goin with cgi, definitely not birds

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ambushrocks

ambushrocks,

I agree with your way of doing things. It's the only way where UFOs are concerned.

Any "evidence" has to be iron-clad if it's going to do any good. Adopting evidence that is not only harms our cause - it makes us look stupid in the eyes of others, and newbies coming here will end up confused and useless if they soak up the "wrong evidence".

Anything that can be this easily debunked, should be considered "toxic", discarded as quickly as possible, and this is where the true skeptics play a very important role IMO. To be blunt, every piece of evidence should be ripped to pieces (if possible). Whatever survives is worth further investigation.

Until people realize this, we will just continue chasing our tails!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It looks to me that there may only be one object zooming by (the right object) while the left "object" is actually a reflection of the very big object on the right reflecting onto the sky scrapers. If I am correct it is big enough to be a very fast moving jet or craft.

The third object I am more unsure about.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by feydrautha

Originally posted by feydrautha
reply to post by paperplanes

the implication by the title of this thread, the content of the op and todays date point to 'yow, lookit the alien spaceships'...

birds flying past a stationary camera using a typical shutter speed would look exactly like the blurs in the video.

but hey, if its more interesting to pretend they're 'unidentifiable' then carry on...

Right, case closed chaps, move along.

Seriously, could you be any more insulting? Don't answer that. The OP didn't "imply" anything with the title other than what was stated. In the OP itself, nowhere does the word alien even appear. You are just subconsciously connecting this with the rest of topics on ATS (Oct. 14), and creating some grandiose inquisitor complex.

I see you are also a master video analyst and have conclusively determined that these are indeed, birds. If you could also share with us what type of bird it is, that would be great. Whats that? You don't know exactly what kind they are? Well shoot, it looks like you don't know exactly what the hell you are talking about.

And neither do the rest of us, which is why we are investigating further, They very well could be birds, but until you care to proffer some type of evidence or substantive argument, please, do shut up. What? It's the internets and you can't be silenced? Well then, by all means, let the douchebaggery recommence!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
How about the 4th object inbetween 0:02s & 0:03s

Looks pretty dodgy to me. First 2 disappear into thin air at the end of 0:03s.

C-BuZz

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Please excuse my rather inauspicious debut post but I couldn't sit on my hands any more...

My gut feeling is that they were birds. Anyone who knows the Canary Wharf area of London will tell you that not only are the infamous pigeons prevalent but there are a lot of redundant docks, complete with water and a fair compliment of gulls.

For the record I was outside at a location not far from this screen shot (for those who know, Mudchute DLR station) between 12:10pm and 13:00pm today. I did not witness anything unusual, nor was I looking.

The weather as I recall was a little overcast, not dull, but not sunny. Unless I'm mistaken this shot is facing North. I believe the alleged discrepancy between the image of the sky and the actual perception of sky can be explained by those more conversant with how camera lenses etc. work. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen a dull day appear quite sunny on our dear old BBC.

In summary: Not this time.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Yes, I see that other object in the first vid. I think there may be another object that we don't see but just hear right at the end. Did anyone else hear this?

edited to say a bird doesn't make that sound and give a jumbo reflection onto a sky scraper.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by anyone]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Looks to me like a green screen background that's accelerated. In the lower left part, where the third object passes, you can see tiny changes that look like people passing through.

I remember seeing some other similar case here, with an fast forward background giving the impression of a fast flying object.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by BaxterBis]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by C-BuZz

If we look at the area circled in green, that is ground level, I think I can see a person moving about in front of that white building even. That would put the 3rd object at very low altitude, perhaps Nirgal is correct, and well mannered as well.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Take a look at the objects and they actually cast a shadow on the building in front of them...:-)

img411.imageshack.us...

img148.imageshack.us...

[IMG]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/4486/bbcobjects2negativech5.th.png[/I MG]

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Kukulcangod]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Are you alluding to me being the opposite of well mannered. Sorry to interrupt I guess I can take a hint.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I'm going to have to disagree with the suggestion that this is an easy open-shut case. It was intriguing when I first saw it and I'm still not sure what it is that I'm looking at. I think it would be premature to cry "Bird!" already, as the still shots seem to add a bit of question there (IMO). I think it would be wise to wait for someone to clean up the images a bit so that we can see what we're dealing with here.

To clarify once again, I am not trying to sell the idea that these objects are from outer space or indeed anything out of the ordinary. I posted the videos here because I'm just not sure what they are, and I think ATS would be the best place to offer them for analysis. Good grief--with some of the responses left here, you'd think I'd put on a tin foil hat and run into the room screaming "They're here!!!!"

As for the BBC hotline, I've tried to call the 03700100222 number (I was redirected there through the original number) twice more, including once having the operator dial for me in case I was doing something wrong. It still will not work. No idea what the problem is.

[edit on 14/10/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Tweet, tweet! Birds flying by close to the window. Matters not whether it is a blue screen or live, it would still be birds.

Good eye to catch that though
No crits, but still birds.

To transfer your footage, you need a graphics card with a television receiver on your computer. Then just feed it directly to the component, RCA connections or HDMI inputs on the card. Necessary software generally comes with the card or you can use Nero or Roxio stuff which is cheap. They also make fairly cheap external substitutes for receivers. I bought one on a bargain table for ten bucks a couple of years ago. Many of the newer computers come with receivers out of the box.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Wow... I miss when ATS had intelligent discussions and posters back in 2003.

The background is obviously not live. First of all, BBC is mainstream media controlled by the elite. The whole purpose of putting that in the background is to mock the hoax which they themselves are responsible for. The hoax is to stigmatize anything related to UFOlogy so the masses are diverted away from the real information.

There are four types of people.

1) Those who think for themselves and separate BS like the Oct. 14th hype from legitimate information.

2) Those who aren't sure.

3) Those who are gullible and have bought into the Blossom Goodchild hype.

4) Those who reject all UFOlogy and are using the Oct. 14th hype as further reason not to look deeper into the subject.

The Oct. 14th hype is to affect the people who fall into 2-3, confusing them and programming their perception on UFOlogy. Anyone who's researched Blossom Goodchild is absolutely dumbfounded as to why anyone would take her seriously.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join