It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC World News - Unidentified Objects

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse

Originally posted by ho chi minh
just one comment,the weather in london today is cloudy/overcast.The video clip appears to show a clear blue sky in the background.What you make of the background image is up to you but it was not shot at midday 14th october 2008.

I couldn't imagine them filming anything with a REAL window behind them to be quite honest. I worked in movies an television for years, and most of our filming was indoors away from any natural light unless it was a huge crowd scene.
Why not? He appears to be many stories up, so where would the crowd form? On the building on the right?

There is a news station here in the Twin Cities that does indeed do their noon news in front of windows, and yes, it's street level, and yes you can see people walk past, and finally no, I don't see people making asses of themselves, outside. Maybe there is, I don't usually watch that station.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
So i found this, some hope?
(i live in nyc so i hope this is true, i am south jersey its 1:24pm and no sign)
anonymous said...
NYC is the same time as Washington DC, and it will be at 7:11 PM here.

October 13, 2008 10:19 AM

cory said...
If I'm not mistaken, the correct time for Ohio people would be 6:11 PM, 5 hour different. I'll be ready to be with the rest of you in this.

October 13, 2008 10:20 AM

link

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I wish I'd known about TinyPic before I started to upload to Flickr. Ah well, it seems to be sufficient. Here is a link to the photofeed: www.flickr.com...@N04/

If the link fails, the username is ATSer and the photos are public. Use the search function for "ATSer"; be sure to click on "people" on the results page.

Captures beginning with "BBCP2Object" are from the third video, "BBC2Capture" are from the second video, "BBCPic" are from the first video.

I was unable to load all of the captures from the third video, as my capacity was maxed. I'll see about paying for an upgrade or finding another host for the rest of the photos.

[edit on 14/10/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oreyeon
What I want to know is why do people post anything on here trying to get answers? I swear, about 90% of the people on here who claim to be open-minded are skeptics. Seriously, if a UFO came down right in front of them, blasted them with a laser beam, anally probed them in front of a live broadcasting news crew, they would still claim it was fake. I just find it hilarious.

So, if you for a fact know that a UFO clip someone posted was an IFO (or a hoax), would you not say so? Or would you just give in and agree that it was a UFO even if you thought it was not, and even if it was just another "red herring" that is going to waste more people's time?

I'm a firm believer that there is life out there other than us, but I don't let that cloud my judgment, and I will speak out when I know something is not what people are saying it is.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I've sent an email to BBC to inquire about the background we're looking at and the objects. I could not find a telephone number, so I'll have to wait for the email response.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
sorry to repeat a previous post but .....the weather in london today has been very dull and overcast this does not match the cloudless blue sky in the video.the background footage must have been filmed on a previous day.. hoax i think.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by ho chi minh]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The first object appear to go behind the builing

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Demetriy]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
There you go 020 7240 3456 bbc phonenumber, it's to expensive to call it from here but from the UK it should be okay.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ho chi minh

Why could the BBC not use footage filmed before on a nice day? Wouldn't that make more sense than filming a gloomy day and using it as a background?

Is it me, or whenever a thread like this comes up, common sense seems to go out of the window?

[edit on 14-10-2008 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ambushrocks
There you go 020 7240 3456 bbc phonenumber, it's to expensive to call it from here but from the UK it should be okay.

I'm in the U.S., but I'm going to go ahead and try to call the number.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
@ c.h.u.d. You are right about the shot probably being from another day. I always jump in topics like this to see if there's anything I can debunk (I'm quite handy with graphic software), and if I can't debunk it then there's a chance it is something special and I like that too.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ardhanari

Here's some enhancements from your large screen grabs:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

looking at this and the Israel footage I can see what you mean

London footage

Israel footage

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I live in the UK and about an hours drive from London and it was sunny in the morning until about 11am (then went a little cloudy, and subsiquently started raining at 5.30pm). What time was the clip?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Ambushrocks, I called the number you provided but was redirected to a different hotline, 03700 100 222. I tried to call the number a few times but received an error message each time (dialed 011 44 3700 100 222 to call from U.S.). I'm still awaiting an email response.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I thought all BBC programmes where available on iPlayer for viewing up to 7 days later... Well that's what the adverts say.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

Maybe it's blocked for foreign callers.

Ah well, thank you for trying anyway. I hope they respond to your email. I once wrote them an email about something entirely different but I had a response within 24 hours, so lets hope they'll respond as quickly this time.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

I think this was broadcasted on bbc america or news 24,so it won't be on the i player service

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SadisticRabbit
Could it be possible that it was the BBC idea of a joke. The whole 14th October thing has got huge coverage and I wonder if some tech was having a laugh?? The interview may be Live but that doesn't mean the background feed is?

The BBC? Those stuffy gits?!

No, not a chance. It must be birds.

EDIT: Great spot by the OP though! Does look really weird, doesn't it?

[edit on 14-10-2008 by triplesod]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ambushrocks

I do hope so. I'd like a response as quickly as possible, as it'll certainly help shed some light on the video.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join