It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC World News - Unidentified Objects

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoeshiner
Edit:

This would have to be a very big bird and damn good CGI to make a shadow on that rooftop! Look;

[edit on 14-10-2008 by shoeshiner]

I lined up each of these captures side by side, and I agree--there appears to be a shadow cast on the top of the building.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It's birds without a doubt. They're just very close to the rooftop camera so appear to travel a large distance in a short time when actually they're only covering a few metres.

As for the audio the external cameras have no sound.

The BBC have a number of them around England - indeed, around the world, in prominent locations so they can give a live and interesting backdrop to interviews recorded in greenscreen studios. (The studios are usually located in the buildings with the cameras on top). They are permanent and have no cameramen.

For instance the UK BBC Midlands news features live footage from Birmingham while Wales features background footage shot from a cam overlooking Cardiff Bay. BBC Southwest uses a cam overlooking Plymouth harbour.

In the US the BBC has a camera focused on the White house and one in Times Square to act as a backdrop to New York correspondents.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aldolas
I have NOT read through the whole thread, but can't you find it on
www.bbc.co.uk...

Although they don't seem to record all the news, I wonder why...

On a serious note, I'm not sure what time it was nor have the internet capacity to look it up (nor am I really THAT interested AT LEAST I'M HONEST!) . But just trying to help.

Sam

Hey, Sam.

Thought I would bump your post. -Have any of you tried downloading to your ipod? I don't have one but maybe we can get a better version of the vid. here (on the link above).

-anyone

I tried to see if I could find it and I don't think it is available. I guess this post is mute.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by anyone]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

You're welcome paperplanes,

Also, and even more importantly, the object we are trying to see clearly is suffering from a fatal case of "motion blur"... which effectively makes it impossible to be able to re-construct in any way what the object looks like. Even if we could enhance the image, the motion blur makes the exercise pointless.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
So what ever come of this video? Anyone heard anything?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by anyone

Originally posted by Aldolas
I have NOT read through the whole thread, but can't you find it on
www.bbc.co.uk...

Although they don't seem to record all the news, I wonder why...

On a serious note, I'm not sure what time it was nor have the internet capacity to look it up (nor am I really THAT interested AT LEAST I'M HONEST!) . But just trying to help.

Sam

Hey, Sam.

Thought I would bump your post. -Have any of you tried downloading to your ipod? I don't have one but maybe we can get a better version of the vid. here (on the link above).

-anyone

I tried to see if I could find it and I don't think it is available. I guess this post is mute.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by anyone]

Mute, eh?

hehe, that's almost as bad as Joey from friends thinking his point is "moo".

Moot point.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by anyone

No these types of interviews are just 'fillers' as it were. They arnt used in the main news bulletins so they arent stored on iPlayer. Shame.

After watching these vids a few times im willing to drop my initial gulls theory. Even though seeing them fly in tandum like that is common, its the way they disapear from view which seems odd, tho the 'shadow' on the building is imo the second object coming into frame.

The third vid i would say could be a gull if the footage was sped up, but seems its not. Its moving too fast.

Intriguing...

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Also, question to the OP...

what is that swooshing sound that occurs in the first vid? It happens twice, once when the objects go past, the second time by itself. I take it it is unrelated to the footage?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Well done OP!!!!

Has anyone tried to e-mail BBC?

Maybe we can get a cookie cutter military response, and if we get one of those, then most likely those were UFO's!

Unreal!

Thanks for your efforts!

Awesome job S+F from me!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Yes, I am currently awaiting an email reply from the BBC. Fired off the email earlier today; hopefully I'll receive a response. Another participant in this thread did reach a BBC office and apparently received no clear answers from the responder. He said that the guy just essentially danced around the issue. I have no idea why, unless he was just trying to be a jerk (which wouldn't surprise me).

Regarding the whooshing sound, I'm not quite sure if that is coming from the TV itself or somewhere else. Personally, I'm leaning towards an external sound that was picked up on the digital camera's microphone. It sounds like something brushing across my floor or coffee table. I could very well have brushed against something and not realized it at the time. The sound just sounds separate from the audio of the interview, IMO. I could be wrong, of course.

[edit on 14/10/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SEEWHATUDO

Just out of curiosity, why were you recording the news? Do you ave a routine of recording the news?
Here in America they repeat the same old news every 5 minutes so I dont see the need but maybe the BBC is different.
Cool video regardless,s&f

I record EVERYTHING so I can flip forward through commercials; I refuse to buy into the hype.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The bbc wont say anything..try searching for edgar mitchell on the bbc website..they like to brush things under the carpet like a famous astonaut claiming Ufos are real phenomenon.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
If this was faked I hope you realize how many other questions that this raises. If this was faked; how many others were faked to and why?

[edit on 14-10-2008 by theotherhawk]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Somebody may have already said this because i didn't read all four pages, but when I manage to pause this video at the right times - whatever this is - be it a BBC prank or something else - takes on the color of whatever is behind it. It's like it's camouflaged just not very well. Anybody know any editing tricks that would produce that effect?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Ok just a quick one for those who dont know the geography of London.

The tower in the picture is One Canada Square in Canary Wharf. One of the tallest buildings in London and behind it is London City Airport.

Three thoughts for you -
1) The screen is probably showing a blurred bird / chopper who know what
2) I think had it been something more interesting we here in the UK would probably have heard something.
3) I work about 2 miles from the site and my day is met by watching BAE 146s going into city airport, major heavy heading west over the city into Heathrow and assorted police and civilian transport running between Canary Wharf and the city. Thats not to mention the Chinnocks that run up and down the river most days and the occasional Apaches over Southwark.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I posted an anonymous reply while I was at work, but I cannot seem to find it.

I don't know if it's been said before or not, but I claim this to be a fake.

In the first video you can hear a "whoooshing" noise as the UFO's fly by. why would there be a noise for this, especially considering the time delay we would see since they seem somewhat distant.

I find it humorous that everyone is squinting at pixels and enlarging the photo trying to look for signs of forgery, yet clearly there was a "whooshing" sound effect added. I would have said something sooner, but I was working.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Man_Versus_AntiMan

Ya, the shadow has me stumped too. I wasn't able to slow it down as well as others so I take back my earlier claim. It is very strange though... the bend would help my reflection idea but the shadow between the two buildings and above the first building on the left is really a debunker to that. So...

I still think these are not pidgeons. The two white looking slower and smaller objects are slow enough and with less blur so you would think we could see the shape enough to pin down what they are, but still I don't see bird. However these to me would be more likely to be birds than the larger faster objects.

It's all conjecture really until we have a better capture of it if possible. Still a UFO to me.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisobedientCitizen

In the first video you can hear a "whoooshing" noise as the UFO's fly by. why would there be a noise for this, especially considering the time delay we would see since they seem somewhat distant.

I find it humorous that everyone is squinting at pixels and enlarging the photo trying to look for signs of forgery, yet clearly there was a "whooshing" sound effect added. I would have said something sooner, but I was working.

Scroll up a few posts, on this page. The whooshing sound is discussed (for around the third or fourth time in this thread, actually).

I really wish people would bother reading at least the current page before replying

[edit on 14/10/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Ok dude. Nice try with this fraudulant video. I saw the original one and those objects are not in there. People like you is the reason the subject does not get looked at seriously. Although you did a great job with adding in the sound but if you notice they seem to vanish before reaching the building on the right hand side. Try again. This time blur them a little more and it will look more realistic.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Madcow9597]

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Madcow9597]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DisobedientCitizen

Yes a number of us have heard the sounds to and if you turn up the volume you can actually hear the same sound repeat a second after the first two objects whiz by in the first vid. It's as if to me that there was another object captured only by the sound it made as it passed by but wasn't also captured in the window.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join