It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC World News - Unidentified Objects

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Very good spot OP!

I watch BBC News a lot and this seems like a Financial interview from the square mile, the backgrounds they use for interviews are pretty much always live, especially from these locations. I am sure of that.

However i think all the objects are Gulls unfortunately, the blurring elongated effect clearly caused by the speed and closeness of the objects. And the trajectory is also a give away - swooping downwards then drifting level, certainly a smallish object bound by aerodynamic principles.

Definitely Gulls mate.

Edit: i should specify 'live' background as in the actual view out of the window!

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Man_Versus_AntiMan]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Very interesting, I had managed to stop the footage accurately after a few tries of watching the recording, and I really don't think that they are birds.
As for this being the "green Screen", "Has anyone found out if it was a liver ahot of London during the news cast?"

I have not read every post, but on the second 2sec short Youtube vid, I stopped it at 1sec, and there seems to be 3 to 4 protrusions under it, darker than the upper part. It takes a while to stop it at 1sec, but is worth checking out.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Aliens and UFO's are real according to the BBC and the MOD.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Wow! You guys are right! The OP is definitely on to something! The objects that appear on BBC could perhaps be probe droids deployed by the GFL mothership to scan the area for any weapons pointed at the sky before the ship is fully uncloaked!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by -0mega-

Originally posted by shoeshiner
The second object, or the one that's behind and lower is visible between 2 buildings so it can't be a shadow unless it's meant to be a shadow just a glitch.

When it goes between those 2 buildings towards the other building, it suddenly bends for a moment and goes downward as well. Seems weird for an object if people call it a reflection, but still. A bend? How's that supposed to happen?

It does support the bird theory a bit more since most craft are known not to ''bend''.

[edit on 14/10/08 by -0mega-]

Yes you are 100% correct the second object definitely takes a sudden sharp nose-dive as it gets to the guy while the first stays on path. Good spotting, I see what you meant earlier, sorry. Not too sure if it's a bend though.

I don't know what to make of this, definitely isn't pigeons or birds from what I see, if it's not deliberately put there then they could be UFO's IMO.

And what about the sounds? That's really quick you know...

[edit on 14-10-2008 by shoeshiner]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeSignal

That said, I really would like to think that this is a joke from the network. The only thing is, if it is a joke, it is illegal. The networks do not have permission to lie, deceive and show things that are not true.

Since when has it been illegal for the TV networks to lie and deceive? Thats entirely not true, they are allowed to show what ever they want and say its whatever they want, no legallity here unless there are other circumstances. Fox news is just about the only news station with the balls to flat out say "We can and will put up any information we please, false or not"

There could never possibly be a lawsuit that would actually win against a TV network because someone thought they "lied", because they report what their sources tell them, its not illegal because they recieved the information from a source, making up information is one thing, recieving it from a source is entirely another. And thats exactly how news stations work, they don't make news, they report what their sources relay to them

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
These videos are crazy, those objects and their actions are hardly normal. But so realistic at the same time. Or maybe perhaps a disgruntled bbc (or humorus) worker decided to slide in some CGI, just to see if people were paying attention

I remember these videos being brought up in that GFL (sorry) thread with like 200 pages... kinda havent been on ATS all morning and afternoon, what ever happened to that huge pile of steaming crap?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Analysis:
These objects enter the frame(left) and manage to significantly increase speed before dashing behind the 2 black buildings(right) all in less than 1 second. (hard to believe its a bird)

Thoughts:
Some have said bad CGI stating the background is visible through the object, namely here: (Bad CGI would have the opposite affect in my view, also, does not look like a bird)

What this looks like to me is cloaking, call me crazy but I have seen UFO's cloak and disappear before at much lower speeds, in this case they are moving EXTREMELY fast through a city so this quality of chameleon-like cloaking seems valid/affective to me, enough to where people wouldn't really see the objects from ground level.

Also:
I'd like to have the direct HQ DVR clip to examine before discussing the matter further, seems pointless to go with this level of quality.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by -0mega-
When it goes between those 2 buildings towards the other building, it suddenly bends for a moment and goes downward as well. Seems weird for an object if people call it a reflection, but still. A bend? How's that supposed to happen?

Try watching an office building with an all glass front when you go past it in a car - you'll see that the glass is no where near perfectly flat in many cases, which results in warped reflections.

Anyway, I'm not seeing any reflections here, and I can't see what they would reflect in either...

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BcnDiamond

About the weather related issue, this was shot a little before 7 am, so it could have been clear sky as it tends to be most of the time early mornings and then turned cloudy very quickly.

Pre 7am is almost completely pitch black in UK at this time of year.

I'm surprised it isn't the same in the Netherlands, you are, after all, on the same latitude as London and the south of England.

[it is latitude, isn't it? The horizontal lines?]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Edit first part: Ok after watching the clip in normal speed on repeat it looks like a misleading reflection on the building. Still here are my snapshots anyway..

I have to say though that's very quick for birds and I would be impressed if they were birds. That sound is clear though, you can hear it, like something going past at great speed with little engine sound just wind.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by shoeshiner]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Loke.

Could be, but it does says live in the top left corner...now what exactly is live is a different story.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Here guys I took a minute to find the right pause spots and created a collage with enlargements.

From what I can see, it was clearly no living animal, it is metalic yet fluid at the same time. Indicating that perhaps the speed of it was FAR to fast for the cameras to get a 'real' photo of it. Or it was some sort of cloaking device coming online, as the crafts seem to simply just disappear into thin air, especially if you look closely.

The only other explanation is that its employees playing a joke. But when its your career at stake, that's a fairly heavy price for anyone to pay - for a joke.

CLICK THE PHOTO FOR AN ENLARGED VERSION!

[edit on 14-10-2008 by king9072]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'm leaning more and more towards the definitive conclusion it's birds, I'll give my reasons why:

In an earlier post the originator of the thread had mentioned that he was unsure as to whether the sound originated from the broadcast or outside. Looking at the shorter clip and the one appx. 3 minutes after, you hear no noise, which pretty much rules out the sound coming from the broadcast.

To me the noise posed the biggest mystery and carried the most weight of anything other than birds.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sroek
Wow! You guys are right! The OP is definitely on to something! The objects that appear on BBC could perhaps be probe droids deployed by the GFL mothership to scan the area for any weapons pointed at the sky before the ship is fully uncloaked!

Of course!

The most simple answer is likely to be the right answer.
You are absolutely right!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Perhaps it is a practical joke from BBC. They are getting a lot of advertisement from this within the alternative community. They also know that they won't be pissing too many of their viewers off, since only those who are looking for UFO's will probably notice.

But it's not birds.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

I'm with you on this one, cloaking device for sure. And i believe this theory actually brings more validity to the video.

Also, as has already been pointed out...
The "SOUND" is only heard in the first clip not the second abbreviated one(which is the same footage), therefor we can easily agree this was picked up by the video camera and not a part of the original video broadcast in question.
DISREGARD THE SOUND

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
My mom and her sister and bro-in-law saw a ufo, a big one, in 1959, it followed them middle of the night for a couple of hours. They said it would hover over their car then dart to the farthest horizon in the blink of an eye. So I guess this object/s moves so fast that it isn't even possible to find a frame that has a clear picture. Someone would really have to go to a lot of trouble to make it "debunk proof" wouldn't they?

But on the other hand, if this broadcast/station was trying to get some attention and up their viewership, it probably worked.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Bombeni]

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join