It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Election Day in Canada 2008

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
It looks like the Independent will win. There is one possible Conservative member as he apparently lost the Conservative nomination.

He is up by about 400 votes right now.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Outremont in Montreal is a closae race also.

Thomas Mulciar is only leading by a couple of votes.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Yep, we can add him to the Conservative seat total. Good for his supporters if they felt that strongly about him.

I see Michael Fortier lost, I wonder if he'll get reappointed to the senate?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

It's a possibilty. He's the only Cabinet Minister to lose their seat. Gary Lunn is leading so he should make it.

Justin Trudeau got elected. I wonder how much talk will start about him going for the leadership of the Liberals?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

If he holds his lead, he'll be the first NDP MP from Quebec elected in a general election.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

They'll be plenty of talk, but I think he's a little too young for the job still. Trudeau in 2016 maybe? It seems inevitable that he will lead the party one day.

I'm wondering if Dion will step down now or later? I hope he doesn't put the party through another round of infighting for leadership and they are going to want to replace him with these kind of numbers.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well looks like were right were we started. Alliance minority government. The progressive Conservative party died with Joe Clark. The use of the word Conservative is merely a confiscation of past allegiance. Harper has proven that laws are only good if they don't get in the way of his plans. A shame we had to spend 300 million for an election at such a tough time.
This Canadian political scene is a Neo-Con's dream. Lots of left parties to dilute the hippies one choice for the god fearing corporate slaves.

Before you attack me read this article. YO Harper!!
thetyee.ca...

This is the mark of authoritarian rule
www.p2pnet.net...

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
[edit on 14-10-2008 by whiskeyswiller]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Trudeau in 2016
reply to post by Duzey

2016!!!!
2012 we will al be gone..it will be to late

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Justin T. won his seat

He will be the next leader of the liberal party.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Justin has big shoes to fill.

Pierre Elliott Trudeau was a giant not only in Canada but a giant in this world.

Pierre Elliott Trudeau went to China before Nixon, he welcomed John Lennon and Yoko Ono after the persecution at the hands of conservatives
, he gave Canada its Charter, he brought in the Metric system to seperate us from the USA, he visited Cuba pissing off the US goverment and then after all of that President Ford invited him to join in the early G7 meetings as an up and coming world leader.

I dearly miss him even though I disagree with some of his policy...some not all.

If Justin is half the leader his Dad was he will be a far greater leader then any that we have now. (imo)

OH YEAH..He brought in the bilingual thing. Canada is what it is because of Trudeau.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I would also like to state that I went to vote tonight and waited an hour in line to find out that I couldn't vote

Yes I had a valid voter card, Drivers liscence with matching address, passport etc.
I get there and they accuse me of trying to vote twice as my name was already crossed out. It seems my democratic rights have been unsurped by either a clerical error or identity theft.
It took everything I had to not make a scene

My alarm bells are ringing overtime as I am a lonely registered Lib in the status quo capital of Canada. That being the shadow capital Calgary.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Yes Yes I had a valid voter card, Drivers liscence with matching address, passport etc.
I get there and they accuse me of trying to vote twice as my name was already crossed out. It seems my democratic rights have been unsurped by either a clerical error or identity theft.
It took everything I had to not make a scene
reply to post by MacroVisio

Take action. Your loss is every voters loss. I take this type of thing very serious.....let the local paper know...let your local Liberal or NDP Party know about this...BE VOCAL.

This is your right and it was stolen from you.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Take action. Your loss is every voters loss. I take this type of thing very serious.....let the local paper know...let your local Liberal or NDP Party know about this...BE VOCAL.

Hell yeah Bahh isn't in my vocabulary. The most troubling part was how everyone was against me. All these people just shook there heads from side to side. Like I was out of line for making a stink for my rights. It seems average people tend to trust the system unquestionally. It's really creapy how people exclude any discent in this "borgish" patronizing way. Man I have to get out of this City.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Blackout broken: Election results available early online

While Newfoundlanders watched their federal election results start to roll in at 8:30 p.m. local time Tuesday, residents of British Columbia and the Yukon weren't supposed to be able to see those numbers until their own local polls closed three hours later.

But Canadians with an internet connection were among those who could find their way around that particular election rule Tuesday night.

Several blogs and social networking sites that are available across the country posted comments and information about results in Eastern Canada while voters in western regions were still heading to the polls.

And satellite TV beamed Atlantic Canada's results to the West well before the law permits.

Section 329 of the Canada Elections Act bans the transmission of election results from any electoral district where polls have closed to districts where the polls are still open.

That means traditional audio and video broadcasts, websites and blogs aren't allowed to report election results nationwide until all the polls are closed. The blackout was put in place to try to prevent the posted results in the eastern time zones from influencing voters in the West.

Source: www.cbc.ca...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Well... its over and I am afraid that Canada has reported the lowest ever turn out for an election. Can't say I blame them. No party has run with a powerful platform. They all said the same thing, just in different ways. Nobody has anything new or innovative to bring to the table. It just the same old lies we heard in the last election.

For the life of me I wish some leader would come out of the woodwork. I could care less what party they ran for, just run. It used to be that parties set agenda based on a style and way of thinking. I really can't see any clear distinctions between what is so conservative about the conservative party, and what is so liberal in the liberal party.

Canada needs leaders... ones that are going to thing ahead 25 years with innovation and passion to clean up the environment, claim back our money system, control and manufacture our own products for export, practice sustainable natural resources like forestry and fishing. Get food off the stock market. Wheat shouldn't be a commodity. Pay the farmers for providing us our food.

It always makes me laugh at how twisted our system is. A hockey player makes loads of money chasing a piece of rubber around the ice while a wheat farmer is barely making ends meet to provide food to feed the nation. The Hockey player if good continues to see gains. The farmer forced by cutbacks is forced to cut corners and provide much less quality goods. We really need to get a grip.

To much money goes to the corporate elite. Mr. Harper is in their pockets. Hoping for a bite of the good life. While doing so on the backs of Canadians. I'm tired of his lies and G.W.Bush style. I demand change as does the rest of Canada. Lets become world leaders again in technology, innovation and peace keeping.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

Canada needs another Trudeau in politics like it needs another hole in the country's wallet. I wish he had had his a$$ handed to him so he could get out from his father's ego and get a real job. Shows to go you how dumb some Quebeckers are. And I love them as part of our great country. Mostly.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cynic
Canada needs another Trudeau in politics like it needs another hole in the country's wallet. I wish he had had his a$$ handed to him so he could get out from his father's ego and get a real job.

Speaking of having been passed one's patoot, I'd say Harper got an even stronger rebuke than Dion last night. He was up against a weak candidate with an uncertain platform, and a split opposition and his gamble didn't pay off. He didn't cost us all this time and dough so he could reinforce the status quo.

Unless Steve can hand us a term full of good government, the first decent Liberal candidate will mop the floors with him. Now...who might that turn out to be is another question. (coff...Kennedy?...coff) Or will the best man for the job prove to be a woman?

Bob has baggage to unload first, and Iggy is a fascist. Trudeau is too young, and unproven. Here's a name to watch for in the future...look to Mark Holland to run against Justin for leadership in 2016.

Thank you, all who voted (or tried to).

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Young Justin Trudeau

www.youtube.com...

and

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>