It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials: Financial crisis can lead to violence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Officials: Financial crisis can lead to violence

kevxml 2a.verizon.net

An out-of-work money manager in California loses a fortune and wipes out his family in a murder-suicide. A 90-year-old Ohio widow shoots herself in the chest as authorities arrive to evict her from the modest house she called home for 38 years.
In Massachusetts, a housewife who had hidden her family's mounting financial crisis from her husband sends a note to the mortgage company warning: "By the time you foreclose on my house, I'll be dead."

Then Carlene Balderrama shot herself to death, leaving an insurance policy and a suicide note on a table.

Across the country, authorities are becoming concerned that the nation's financial woes could turn increasingly violent, and they are urging people to get help. In some places, mental-health hot lines are jammed, counseling services are in high demand and domestic-violence shelters are full.

"I've had a number of people say that this is the thing most reminiscent of 9/11 that's happened here since then," said the Rev. Canon Ann Malonee, vicar at Trinity Church in the heart of New York's financial district. "It's that sense of having the rug pulled out from under them."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Wow..I just came across this on my homepage of choice and it makes me sad. I cannot believe it has come to this. I must admit I am a bit under informed about all of this and I live in a very expensive state but to read about some of these misfortunes is crazy and sad. Its funny I was out the other day and during my travels I peered over at the Best Buy and at the mall parking lot and it was packed, I thought to myself"I thought we were in a recession, why is everybody spending" and it leads me to believe that maybe people dont really care about this or maybe they just got it like that. As bad as things are right now is it warranted to take your life or the lives of others because of money? Does money make you that angry you could kill yourself or somebody?I know hoe tough life can be but Im not going to kill my family or myself over money. How do you all feel after reading this?..Sound off because Id like you to share you feelings and knowledge on this topic.....

kevxml 2a.verizon.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-10-2008 by cmd18B]

[edit on 14-10-2008 by cmd18B]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Officials: HOPE Financial crisis can lead to violence otherwise they won´t be able to use all those oppresive measures they have lined up for us.
Don´t give them any excuse.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

I think it has definitely raised the collective tension level of the populace. I think that the people are starting to get a little closer to the boiling point. I think that is one of the reasons I am worried about the election. No matter who wins, 50% of the population is going to think they were robbed and many will think that the country will be doomed.

I hope the markets settle down and we can ease into the election. I hope nothing big happens to ignite this powder keg.

BTW: Funny that you mention Best Buy. I just went last week. When I was there, I thought it was out of business since the parking lot was so empty. It is funny how we saw the complete opposite thing at the same store.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
The american people are sissies. Seriously, if they cry and kill themselves over this, it's gonna be hell when the full depression hits. Or that conscription is imposed...

Seriously, american people, when you're tired of being exploited, don't kill your fellow citizen, overthrow your government.

I'm just saying that all those who believe the official BS line and drank the kool-aid that all is going well... they're gonna have a big awakening... a lot of them will probably won't be able to take it, because they will lose everything they have, their pension fund, their house, their car... their liberties.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Vitchilo]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
"Give me liberty, or give me death!"

remember that saying? those who are not afraid of death aren't easily led into slavery...
like I have said many times before..
if you don't like what the government is doing with your taxdollars, well....stop earning so many of the taxdollars, give yourself a nice unpaid vacation, buy your things at garage sales or the goodwill.
if you are the average working man or women and you are sick of the elite thinking that your contribution is not worth that much, well...take measures to quit contributing. they seem to have disconnected themselves from the fact that they can't make all that money without an army of workers doing their bidding....just stop doing thier bidding, give them a wake up call! otherwise, they will still probably get that wakeup call, but then it will be too late. they will have allowed their greed to destroy their workers. then, we will all be in deep crap!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
It is time for all of us to get out of this vicious debt circle. Buy only what you truly need, convert your wealth into things that are truly valuable, get off the power grid (the alternatives are affordable), concentrate on your family and neighbors well being, get involved in politics (heavily-phone and internet AND voting) We must stop being greedy and materialistic as this feeds the system. For those who are in need, we must all help. Start with food/bills but end with getting real change in the system by hounding your officials until they listen and change or leave their office. No one should be worried about a home and as a people we should make a system of guarantees, legally, that you can keep yours or make it a solid and trusted investment. This country is for people, not corporations or those with more money than they know how to waste.

top topics

join