It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube Evolution Censorship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Creationists, I have a question, if your position is so right, why is it that every 6-8 months some creationist organization comes around and files false DMCA copyright claims on people who call them out. I've had my account suspended once, and some members have been suspended 4-5 times only for them to come back after Youtube looks further into the matter.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I've seen groups from skeptic discussion forums go on crusades to have any videos they deemed as "woo-woo" taken off youtube and they succeeded at it many times. Some really cool videos never came back. Videos they didn't even own the copyright to, yet they still complained to youtube. They just had enough people in their group flag the video as innappropriate or violating copyrights enough times.

I've also seen them organize raids on wikipedia and edit a whole bunch of topics to be in line with the skeptics worldview.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Hollywood11]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hollywood11
I've seen groups from skeptic discussion forums go on crusades to have any videos they deemed as "woo-woo" taken off youtube and they succeeded at it many times. Some really cool videos never came back. Videos they didn't even own the copyright to, yet they still complained to youtube. They just had enough people in their group flag the video as innappropriate or violating copyrights enough times.

I've also seen them organize raids on wikipedia and edit a whole bunch of topics to be in line with the skeptics worldview.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Hollywood11]

Please give me any examples and users. The only times I've ever seen videos taken down is when Creationists purposefully take them down after everyone has called them on their BS, ala VenomFangX.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
So no one can provide Specific examples of Evolutionists censoring Creationists or gives me a valid reason Creationists constant try to take down pro-evolution videos on youtube?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
These guys do it
www.skepticalcommunity.com...

And some people here organize youtube and wikipedia raids
forums.randi.org...

I havent been there for several years though so finding the specific threads would be hard.

One youtube video i can remember however, was a really cool series about the Essenes and Dead Sea Scrolls. It wasn't even about any kind of paranormal belief or conspiracy theory, just history. But the skeptics still had it taken off youtube because I happened to like it. It wasn't even violating copyright. Another example is some Graham Hancock videos that were on youtube, skeptics had them removed, luckily those ones have come back online, but other ones like the Essene ones never came back. Oh and an Atlantis one which covered the Bimini road, it never came back either.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Hollywood11]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hollywood11
These guys do it
www.skepticalcommunity.com...

And some people here organize youtube and wikipedia raids
forums.randi.org...

I havent been there for several years though so finding the specific threads would be hard.

One youtube video i can remember however, was a really cool series about the Essenes and Dead Sea Scrolls. It wasn't even about any kind of paranormal belief or conspiracy theory, just history. But the skeptics still had it taken off youtube because I happened to like it. It wasn't even violating copyright. Another example is some Graham Hancock videos that were on youtube, skeptics had them removed, luckily those ones have come back online, but other ones like the Essene ones never came back. Oh and an Atlantis one which covered the Bimini road, it never came back either.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Hollywood11]

I looked through the first 2 pages and saw no mentions of raiding youtube or wikipedia. I saw plenty of threads of people laughing at those trying to pass off pseudoscience. Now, if the videos you mentioned were indeed taken down by some sort of flagging campaign, I do not defend those actions as I'm a firm believer in freedom of speech. Even if that speech is idiotic and stupid. However, if those videos never did come back, I would say its more likely the copyright holder filed them.

Also, you never answered my first real question. Christian Science Evangelism flagged 2 of my youtube videos for containing "Copyrighted Material" when I started both of them with Hovind clearly stating his materials weren't copyrighted.

new topics

top topics

join