It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twenty-Five Ways To Suppress Truth:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The Rules of Disinformation

(Includes The 8 Traits of A Disinformationalist)

by H. Michael Sweeney

When I found this, I had to share this.

Twenty-Five Rules of Disinformation

1. Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil

2. Become incredulous and indignant

3. Create rumor mongers

4. Use a straw man

5. Sidetrack opponents with name calling, ridicule

6. Hit and Run

7. Question motives

8. Invoke authority

9. Play Dumb

10. Associate opponent charges with old news

11. Establish and rely upon fall-back positions

12. Enigmas have no solution

13. Alice in Wonderland Logic

14. Demand complete solutions

15. Fit the facts to alternate conclusions

16. Vanish evidence and witnesses

17. Change the subject

18. Emotionalize, Antagonize, and Goad

19. Ignore facts, demand impossible proofs

20. False evidence

21. Call a Grand Jury, Special Prosecutor

22. Manufacture a new truth

23. Create bigger distractions

24. Silence critics

25. Vanish

Eight Traits of The Disinformationalist

1. Avoidance

2. Selectivity

3. Coincidental

4. Teamwork

5. Anti-conspiratorial

6. Artificial Emotions

7. Inconsistent

8. Newly Discovered: Time Constant

www.ominous-valve.com...

We should all learn this, so we know what we are up against when it comes to debating facts.
print this page, keep it nexe to your computer.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by cashlink

I strongly agree with you man...

everyone needs to take heed of the ways of deception. Not to deceive, but to have the capacity to nullify attacks and neutralize deceivers.

This would not only work with the political realm, but it helps with everyday life as manipulators can be found in all types of places.

there needs to be a school system that includes this information in the curriculum.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
This reminded me of the 25 ways to deceive and herd the public used by elitist zionists (remember zionism is distinct from judaism, the same way a tick is distinct from a dog), which I have locally on my pc. Can't remember the source tbh, but it dosen't matter, any awake individual can see that it is the philosophy behind contemporary geopolitics and geoeconomics:

1. Use violence and terrorism rather than academic discussions.

2. Preach “Liberalism” to usurp political power.

3. Initiate class warfare.

4. Politicians must be cunning and deceptive – any moral code leaves a politician vulnerable.

5. Dismantle “existing forces of order and regulation.” Reconstruct all existing institutions.”

6. Remain invisible until the very moment when it has gained such strength that no cunning or force can undermine it.

7. Use Mob Psychology to control the masses. “Without absolute despotism one cannot rule efficiently.”

8. Advocate the use of alcoholic liquors, drugs, moral corruption and all forms of vice, used systematically by “agenteurs” to corrupt the youth.

9. Seize properties by any means to secure submission and sovereignty.

10. Foment wars and control the peace conferences so that neither of the combatants gains territory placing them further in debt and therefore into our power.

11. Choose candidates for public office who will be “servile and obedient to our commands, so they may be readily used as pawns in our game.”

12. Use the Press for propaganda to control all outlets of public information, while remaining in the shadows, clear of blame.

13. Make the masses believe they had been the prey of criminals. Then restore order to appear as the saviors.

14. Create financial panics. Use hunger to control and subjugate the masses.

15. Infiltrate Freemasonry to take advantage of the Grand Orient Lodges to cloak the true nature of their work in philanthropy. Spread their atheistic-materialistic ideology amongst the "Goyim" (gentiles).

16. When the hour strikes for our sovereign lord of the entire World to be crowned, their influence will banish everything that might stand in his way.

17. Use systematic deception, high-sounding phrases and popular slogans. “The opposite of what has been promised can always be done afterwards... That is of no consequence.”

18. A Reign of Terror is the most economical way to bring about speedy subjection.

19. Masquerade as political, financial and economic advisers to carry out our mandates with Diplomacy and without fear of exposing “the secret power behind national and international affairs.”

20. Ultimate world government is the goal. It will be necessary to establish huge monopolies, so even the largest fortunes of the Goyim will depend on us to such an extent that they will go to the bottom together with the credit of their governments on the day after the great political smash.”

21. Use economic warfare. Rob the "Goyim" of their landed properties and industries with a combination of high taxes and unfair competition.

22. “Make the 'Goyim' destroy each other so there will only be the proletariat left in the world, with a few millionaires devoted to our cause, and sufficient police and soldiers to protect our interest.”

23. Call it The New Order. Appoint a Dictator.

24. Fool, bemuse and corrupt the younger members of society by teaching them theories and principles we know to be false.

25. Twist national and international laws into a contradiction which first masks the law and afterwards hides it altogether. Substitute arbitration for law.

One fits perfectly within the other, no?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Cashlink good post-it appears some of these rules are also applied to the coverage of the UFO subject in the news media:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Cheers Karl

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I totally agree with both of you, these are the thing that we need to arm our selves.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cashlink

(Includes The 8 Traits of A Disinformationalist)

by H. Michael Sweeney

1. Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil

2. Become incredulous and indignant

3. Create rumor mongers

4. Use a straw man

5. Sidetrack opponents with name calling, ridicule

6. Hit and Run

7. Question motives

8. Invoke authority

9. Play Dumb

10. Associate opponent charges with old news

11. Establish and rely upon fall-back positions

12. Enigmas have no solution

13. Alice in Wonderland Logic

14. Demand complete solutions

15. Fit the facts to alternate conclusions

16. Vanish evidence and witnesses

17. Change the subject

18. Emotionalize, Antagonize, and Goad

19. Ignore facts, demand impossible proofs

20. False evidence

21. Call a Grand Jury, Special Prosecutor

22. Manufacture a new truth

23. Create bigger distractions

24. Silence critics

25. Vanish

You have summed up the entire truth movement.

Great Job!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThroatYogurt

You have summed up the entire truth movement.

Great Job!

The same for the Government version as well thank you.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I tell you what....

You list an example of skeptics of the truth movement using each of the 25 examples, then I will do the same for truthers. You go first

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ThroatYogurt

There are many skeptics in the truth movement; I do not need to prove anything to you.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

You quoted a statement. I asked for examples. IF you don't have any... your OP is not worth the bandwidth it is posted on.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

posted by cashlink

by H. Michael Sweeney

posted by ThroatYogurt
I tell you what....

You list an example of skeptics of the truth movement using each of the 25 examples, then I will do the same for truthers. You go first,

Who else but jthomas?

All 25 Rules of Disinformation fit jthomas to a tee. jthomas wins the prize hands down.

No contest.

About 20 Rules of Disinformation fit Reheat.

And 17 Rules of Disinformation fit ThroatYogurt.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ThroatYogurt

I don’t need to, I am sharing information for the readers and poster to learn, it is very obvious that this info bothers you. Furthermore, I do not want to get in a pissing match with you.

( I tell you what....

You list an example of skeptics of the truth movement using each of the 25 examples, then I will do the same for truthers. You go first)

I do not have to “list” anything, as I said I am sharing information here, find some else to play with. If the article is not factual, prove it, or take it up with H. Michael Sweeney.

(You quoted a statement. I asked for examples. IF you don't have any... your OP is not worth the bandwidth it is posted on.)

No! I presented an article for everyone to read. You ask for examples!
If you feel my post is not worth the bandwidth, then why are you here?

Is this what you are doing?

18. Emotionalize, Antagonize, and Goad Opponents. If you can't do anything else, chide and taunt your opponents and draw them into emotional responses which will tend to make them look foolish and overly motivated, and generally render their material somewhat less coherent. Not only will you avoid discussing the issues in the first instance, but even if their emotional response addresses the issue, you can further avoid the issues by then focusing on how "sensitive they are to criticism".

Or is it this one?

19. Ignore proof presented, demand impossible proofs. This is perhaps a variant of the "play dumb" rule. Regardless of what material may be presented by an opponent in public forums, claim the material irrelevant and demand proof that is impossible for the opponent to come by (it may exist, but not be at his disposal, or it may be something which is known to be safely destroyed or withheld, such as a murder weapon). In order to completely avoid discussing issues may require you to categorically deny and be critical of media or books as valid sources, deny that witnesses are acceptable, or even deny that statements made by government or other authorities have any meaning or relevance.

[edit on 10/15/2008 by cashlink]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I don’t need to, I am sharing information for the readers and poster to learn, it is very obvious that this info bothers you. Furthermore, I do not want to get in a pissing match with you.

Because you can't. And please... you LOVE having pissing matches with me.

I do not have to “list” anything, as I said I am sharing information here, find some else to play with. If the article is not factual, prove it, or take it up with H. Michael Sweeney.

No, you don't have to list anything at all. But you are not sharing information, you are sharing an opinion of someone without backing it up.

No! I presented an article for everyone to read. You ask for examples!
If you feel my post is not worth the bandwidth, then why are you here?

You posted an article that accuses skeptics of the 911 Truther of spreading disinformation. All I ask is that you show me some examples. You have declined. I won't ask again.

I am here for the pissing match!

Is this what you are doing?

18. Emotionalize, Antagonize, and Goad Opponents.

This is a typical truther tactic.

Or is it this one?

19. Ignore proof presented, demand impossible proofs.

What proof have you presented in this thread?

What impossible proofs have I requested?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
May I add a bit of popular wisdom to this thread?

"Never debate with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience"

How you interpret this is your entire responsability

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Zepherian]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
congrats OP this forum is under intense staff scrutiny

Seems to happen with 9/11 posts too... for some reason.

I think I know why, but mom always said if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it

That's why there's such a big battle ahead keeping professional trolls from flooding information sources with lies to keep people's anger at bay.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
26. counteraccuse

LOL.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I've been saving this one up, but it might as well go here as anywhere. Is it part of an untold story on ATS, a story of espionage and it's collateral activity, disinformation? You be the judge. When the exchanges quoted happened there wasn't as much talk of disinformation agents on ATS. It was a more relaxed time. Did someone get a little too relaxed? You be the judge.

This thread (link below) is quite revealing on the subject of the presence of professionals of an unusual sort in these threads.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
So, we have 8 melonheads that work (worked) for the State Department. That's not a big surprise to anyone thats had to clean up after State.

And further in the thread, my second request for Swampy to share the tales of his hardships, cleaning up after State.

Originally posted by ipsedixit
Tell us about your experiences cleaning up after State. Is it anything like cleaning up after the Bush administration on ATS?

www.freerepublic.com...

To be fair to Swampy, here is his response to my unconscionable and malicious insinuations.

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
reply to post by ipsedixit

I wouldnt know about cleaning up after the Bush Administration on ATS. There's nothing to be cleaned up. I simply present the facts, you choose to accept the facts or to not accept the facts.

Near as I can tell, Swampy is, at the very least, some species of spin doctor. By his own admission.

I sometimes wonder if he is more than one person, because he "seems" to be knowledgeable in so many areas of the 9/11 issue and always posts with authority. I had to really roll up my sleeves once to turn the ship of truth around the full 180 degrees from one of his more disingenuous offerings.

I respect Swampy. He's a good soldier in a bad cause. He almost never breaks stride. When his body (metaphorically speaking of course) is found in the rubble of the Bush/neocon castastrophe, I'm sure his fingers will be on his keyboard.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by ipsedixit]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Great post, a lot of good info here. I have to say in the last two day several 911 threads have come under attack by disinfo OPS I notice there are many words they love to use against people they are trying to run off.

1. delusional
2. delusionally deny
3. denislism
4. troofers.
5. trooferism
6. goalposts
7. trolling questions
8. delusional behavior

These are just some of the words I see disinfo using repeatedly.
When you see these words repeatedly, chances are you are entangle with an disinfo keyboard

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
A desperately needed thread cashlink, thank you.

Must have inspired me on a subconscious cosmic level...
I ran into a closely related article today and posted it in the
"Deconstructing Disinformation & Deflection" forum
titled "10 Signs of Intellectual Honesty"

[edit on 26-10-2008 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

And this one comes back.....

Cleaning up after the State Department...

Not all by myself of course. However, a large chunk of our problems in the Middle East in the last 40 years have been a result (in whole or in part) of our lacy panty brigade (the State Department). While by and large those that are part of State, are well meaning people, the majority of them have a distinct lack of common sense. They truly believe that you can talk to meglomaniacs and trust them to play nice. While it is nice to think that talking can solve all problems, its not very realistic. As long as human nature exists, there will be people who covet what other nations have and will be willing to start wars to get it. So when the State Department tells one of these maniacs to play nice, the maniacs see weakness and do whatever the heck they want to. Thats when the DoD gets a phone call to start deploying the military to fix the problem.

Dont think the above is true? Lets look at April Glaspie. First, sending a female to be our envoy (why Bush 41 signed off on her...if he had anything to do with it, I will never know) was extremely stupid. While some here in the States think that having a woman in that position shows how good we are..to the male dominated cultures of the Middle East, it shows weakness. In 1990, had a male US envoy told Saddam, "You invade Kuwait and we will squash you like a bug" we most likely would have avoided Desert Storm. Instead, we had April tell him to play nice with his neighbors, which set forth the last 16 years of our history. (and while some areas of the Middle East are quite beautiful, I really do not have the burning desire to spend any more time there)

Do NOT assume that the above paragraph means I think women should stay barefoot and pregnant, far from it. I am merely pointing out where our beliefs (and the practices of the State Department) cause us problems.

Now, as for me...I am indeed just one person. I do not timeshare with anyone. As for my knowledge...I will start at the beginning. My grandfather was decorated for bravery in World War I. All of my uncles and my father were in the military, most of them were career military. And most of them, at one time or another, worked with Naval Intelligence, AFOSI, and one even had some time helping the Christians In Action in Indochina. (and do I realize that will really set the tongues wagging that I am admitting connections to the intelligence organs of our nation). Myself, I enlisted in the US Navy at the age of 17, 20 some years ago. Most of that time has been spent in aviation, with side trips into law enforcement and some time working alongside spec ops types (way back in the late 80s-early 90s). I have spent time in Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Bahrain and one or two other places in the area.

I am currently full time Air National Guard assigned to a unit that responded to the events of 9/11. I am friends and work with people that were at the Pentagon that day, on the flight lines and in military ATC towers that day. So, yes, I do know a bit more about the events of that day than most, and have spent enough time in the military to recognize just how badly we got caught with our pants down...mostly because our politicians (and yes, our diplomats) got so carefree with the "Peace Dividend" of the early-mid 90s that they crippled our continental air defenses. In the 60s,70s and 80s, 9/11 would not have been as successful as it was. It was when we "won" the Cold War, and "peace" broke out that the grounds were laid that allowed 19 men to hurt us so badly that day.

It wasnt George Bush, it wasnt Dick Cheney, nor Rumsfeld or Wolfowitz. It was a group of Middle Eastern men, adhering to the most profane definition of Islam that attacked us that day.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join