It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we all in Hell?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
really, the earth is hell.......i guess it's as if god the father sent us to our room but forgot to unplug the TV and games console.

the idea does seem to be quite a recurring theme throughout metaphysical thought. the gnostics often expressed a version of the idea.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Well, maybe it is for you, but certainly not for all of us. It does come down to perspective (and trust) though, as others have said here.

If you let life beat you down and see hopelessness where you should see potential, growth and the chance for a new day, then I guess you would be in a type of hell here.

Heck, no one ever said life was going to be easy. Sometimes it is very hard and could seem like a hell, but if you trust in good, you'll know that it will win in the end, and for those who put their trust in same.

I think most of the intelligent thinkers on this board realize that the invention of hell was for the purpose of controlling us. Too many clever people these days to keep us believing otherwise any longer.

The days of the corrupt church telling us all what to believe is at its end. Now come the days when were all free to find the real truth about things and enlighten ourselves in the truth that life can be a heaven as well as a hell. Which do you want to live in?

Sure you'll always have problems, but with the proper perspective and positive direction you can make good progress toward your freedom from suffering.

For anyone who may have become trapped in their own hell like place, some things you can do is, learn to see the beauty that life has to offer you every single day, and appreciate it. Be kind to all you meet, even those you THINK may be hostile towards you. Learn to be thankful for what you do have now and stop comparing yourself to others who SEEM to be better off that yourself, and things will look better. Look ever towards the light and the shadows will fall far behind you.

May the divine mother bless you all and show you the way to peace and a happy life.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

It might seem from your perspective that most people have TV's and video consoles.

Truth is the majority of the world doesn't have these things. 80% of the world live on less than $10 a day.
Source

Doesn't the Bible say we're going to be tested? Short term selfish pleasure here in Earth keeps you in the cycle of reincarnation?

Instead of TV's and game consoles, I think God would rather have us look after those less fortunate with our abundant wealth, but oh well he did give us free will. See ya back here on Earth, er hell, in the next one...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

what i mean to say is that hell should be punishment. if this is a punishment it is a rather ineffective one. even in the most destitute of lives there is room for beauty and happiness. in my analogy, the TV and games console are the beauty and happiness.

if this is hell shouldn't we be aware that we are being punished by being here, shouldn't we be aware of a better existence from which we are excluded?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
i believe that this earth could be hell and we have to prove ourselves here first before we are let into heaven although i am not religous but i am open to the idea of this world being a "proving ground" for a later life!!!
any thoughts??
much love
x

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Again though your perspective is from your Human existence, and because you know no better it doesn't seem that bad.

If you think of Heaven, not as a place, but a state of spiritual existence, then a physical experience has to be pretty hellish for a spirit to enter into. Like going to jail knowing it could be pretty rough.

As a spirit you feel no pain, no misery, no struggle, no need for food, no death to worry about, or many other Human 'needs'. Only in the physical form can we feel the pain of punishment, physical and emotions, and physical death.

A spiritual hell makes no sense to me. The devil and his minions were cast down to earth, we are them, to be allowed back into heaven we must prove ourselves worthy once more...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Things are far to strange to be reality. This must be fiction. I only believe in hell on earth and I suppose my hell is yet to come.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hell and Heaven start here .. spiritually start here ... so yes, some people we see alive on earth are already in hell. IMHO

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
One must find balance and indulge accordingly Heaven and Hell are what you make of it we are not all destined for eternal damnation

top topics

<< 1   >>

join