It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Born In Kenya? His Grandmother Says Yes

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by swdecord

Okay...

I was a Navy Recruiter back in 1991 and verified birth certificates from most states and never noticed a "time of birth" listed on a birth certificate...

Perhaps HI or other states list times???...

Let me know...

My birth certificate says 9:34 am

You just never noticed the time stamp before.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!! just vote for Senator Obama, and everything will be OK!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by swdecord

While I am sure many have seen his original, you are not privy to it. People don't just go around handing out their entire, original birth certificate to the public.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by hannamtong
WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!! just vote for Senator Obama, and everything will be OK!

hannamtong, I hope you were being sarcastic because I thought that was funny...

I would say, "Vote for Obama or McCain" and everything will be okay...

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
don't know if anyone already said this, but i'm pretty sure if you are visiting another country and you give birth there, you may choose the native country or something along those lines...So it's probably that he was born in kenya and can still claim nationality to the U.S legally.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by round_eyed_dog
I've asked multiple times for someone to give us a source that shows the statements made by Mr. Obama's Grandmother. Wish in one hand eh?

There is no source as you, myself and others have pointed out multiple times in this thread.

The original poster's title is misleading because the thread links to an article written by a Jewish, right wing radio host who strangely enough, links to a news article in the Herald Tribune stating that Obama's grandparents confirmed that he was born in Kenya.

The problem is, the quote is made up. The article the Talk Show host links says no such thing.

If you would like to see for your self why this is a lie, my original post (with documentation) can be found here.
Why this story is based on lies
Source material used as basis for argument

If you repeat a lie enough times, people will start to believe it.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Brack Obama was born is Hawaii. This has been established beyond a shadow of a doubt. His birth certificate has been published for all to see, and there are numerous people willing to testify as to that fact.

Kenya as a nation is exceedingly proud of Obama and very eager to claim whatever connections possible to him. His relationship with his paternal grandparents is, from what I understand, not a substantial one, though he did visit Kenya several years ago in order to meet them and to talk with them about his father.

It is extremely sad that people are still talking about this and trying to use this as some sort of scare tactic or to sow the seeds of bogus doubt.

If anything, you should be asking about John McCain, who, after all, was born in the Panama Canal Zone. As far as I know, it's debatable as to whether that, in fact, constitutes being born in the United States in terms of qualifying for the office of the presidency.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Just count this on the endless list of what makes our country look bad. We have a nominated candidate for presidency, and we're still trying to figure out whether or not he's a natural born citizen. To what degree of the deep end of beyond completely absurd is this? That's why I continue to laugh

One day I'm going to write a book entitled "America: A Compilation of what NOT to do as a Country"

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MissysWorld

Interesting video! Thanks for posting it.

Though of course even if he is not a natural born U.S. Citizen, and even if that means that an Obama presidency would violate the U.S. Constitution, it seems his supporters wouldn't care in the least!

He is ABOVE all that piddly Constitutional stuff!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I didn't question whether the document was typewritten. And I clearly pointed to the fact that it is a computer printout.

Regardless, Helvetica was released four years before Obama was born. A fact that you initially denied.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620

While I am sure many have seen his original, you are not privy to it. People don't just go around handing out their entire, original birth certificate to the public.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Sublime620]

Not true....

this is from the "official" HI Registrar's website...

Procedure for Requesting Apostille or Certification
1. Complete, sign and submit the Application for Apostille or Certification of Documents.

2. Persons born, married or divorced in the State of Hawaii, must request a certified copy
that displays the ORIGINAL SIGNATURE (not a stamped signature) from the State
Registrar of the Department of Health. Submit your request and specify what country your document(s) are bound for, along with a check, money order or cashier’s check for $10.00 per document to the Department of Health, Vital Records, P.O. Box 3378, Honolulu, Hawaii 96801, (808) 586-4539.(Birth Certificates and Marriage Certificates can only be notarized by the Dept.of Health,Vital Records).

3. All documents must be notarized by a duly commissioned Notary Public of the State of Hawaii.

4. For document(s) requiring Certification, submit document(s) to the First Circuit for verification of the notary’s signature and commission. Send your documents along with a money order or cashier’s check for $3.00 per document to the First Circuit Court, Legal Documents Section, 777 Punchbowl Street, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813, (808) 539-4300.

5. All documents must be forwarded to the Office of the Lt.Governor for issuance of an Apostille or Certification. Send your documents and specify what country your documents are bound for, along with a check, money order or cashier’s check for $1.00 per document to the Office of the Lt.Governor, State Capitol, 5th Floor, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813.

6. Please allow approximately one week for processing time.

7. The Office of the Lieutenant Governor reserves the right to deny applications for Apostilles or Certifications.

If you have any questions, please contact the Office of the Lt.Governor at (808) 586-0255.

hawaii.gov...

And if you type into Google "birth certificates public documents hawaii" you will find "commercial" sites that offer the document for a fee...

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I just read the court filing from Pennsylvania. Now this is the funniest thing I have seen for a long time. The official court filing actually references Wikipedia! End of story on this nut case.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Here's an example of rampant desperation.

Because Mr. Obama was born in Hawai'i...which is possibly not understood to be an ACTUAL State...one of those fifty stars on the Flag, folks! --- we seem to forget that John McCain wasn't born in any....I repeat ANY of any one of those fifty stars on our flag.

How convenient that this little factoid gets glossed over.

John McCain's birth, which has been naturally not brought up by his supporters, occured in the country of Panama. The "tricky" part of it was that it was in the "Canal Zone"....on a Military base, and the explanation is that that is essentially American soil.

Well, by that logic, a person born in, say ... Guam ... should also qualify, if ever he or she should aspire to the Office, to be considered eligible.

But, I believe....and I will no doubt be looking this up....the Constitution is quite clear....as to eligibility.

Now, again, I'll go out on a limb....understanding that the Constitution was written WELL before we had fifty States, it could be reasonably assumed that every time a State was admitted to the Union, that anyone born within that State, after Admittance, wouuld qualify under the rules of eligibility.

I just don't see that fifty-first star on the Flag admitting the Country of Panama....perhaps Betsy Ross was too busy to re-sew????

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Four years ago I moved from Florida to Georgia and had to apply for a birth certificate to get a Georgia driver's license. Naturally, the one(s) I received were not photocopies of the original 1953 document, it was a computer generated document on an official paper stock with, seal, etc. Guess what? No time of birth!!!! I was born in Tampa, Florida; not Bucharest, Romania or Zeta Ridiculous. Nobody cares about time of birth except astrologists and half-baked GOP operatives who are so desperate right now that they'd do anything to discredit the likely next President.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

There is no source

Thanks for pointing this out, I’d give you ten stars if I could. I hope this thread gets closed. The quote isn’t real, and it seems the OP didn’t take the time to find out if it was accurate or not.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
to weedwhacker:

two very different circumstances ..

McCain was born at a U.S. military base I believe, to U.S. citizens stationed there on ORDERS from the U.S. Government ..

using this argument, soldiers' children born overseas because their fathers/mothers were serving the United States are ineligible to run for President ? ..

Obama's parents were not serving the U.S. and were not ordered to be there if he was born in Kenya ..

two totally different situations

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Areal51

I didn't question whether the document was typewritten. And I clearly pointed to the fact that it is a computer printout.

Regardless, Helvetica was released four years before Obama was born. A fact that you initially denied.

Okay, I was wrong to bring up the font issue, as I am not an expert regarding fonts...

I was attempting to point out that the birth certificate is a "recent" reproduction, not the original...

Do I really think that Obama is not a "Naturalized Citizen?"

No, not really...But, as I am new to this discrepancy, I am interested as to why he is having problems producing an original birth certificate...

Will this be an actual issue in the election?

Nope...

But, I do like the debate

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join