Obama Born In Kenya? His Grandmother Says Yes

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ron Paul Girl

Not exactly true. If he was born in Kenya, then he is still a citizen, just not a 'natural born' citizen. There is a difference. Now if he was an Indonesian citizen, as proposed by Berg, and did not go though INS upon his return to the states, then he may not be a current citizen. We will just have to wait and see how this all turns out. As to the possibility of judicial bias, that's not going to be a problem as the documents clearly state that this will be decided by a trial by jury.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ron Paul Girl
I have to wonder if Americans would still vote for him anyway, even if tomorrow, during the debate, he came right out and said he was born in Kenya and isn't a legal U.S. citizen.

Absolutely they would. He represents "change", remember? He's not a Republican and he gives us a fairy tale version of his America, so for most of the voting population, he's qualified.

The Constitution doesn't matter to people anymore. Most people can't name all 10 of their rights on the Bill of Rights. You'd be hard pressed to find many people who can name five of them.

I'm thinking of writing in Osama bin Laden for President. He has as much Constitutional right to the Presidency as Obama.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
Not exactly true. If he was born in Kenya, then he is still a citizen, just not a 'natural born' citizen.

How do you figure? If he never applied for citizenship how would he been any kind of citizen? They don't just give it to you after so many years unless you ASK.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I agree with that. This Liberal congress has done less than nothing. Just like any politician or a car salesman. They lie there butt of to get you to buy their line of crap. And then sit back and count the money they just stole from us. If you think ANY politician cares about any of us even a little bit. You are completely ignorant!!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ron Paul Girl

The grandma claim is just conjecture at the moment until Berg gives some proof to his argument. The OP's original source article contained a misleading misquote and no other proof of said statement.

Here are some better pics of the Hawaii certificate. The original pics are huge so please click on the link below each image to access zoomable images.

Link

Link

Link

Link

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Actually, his mother was not legally old enough, in 1961, to pass on her citizenship, so if he were not born on US soil, he had no legal right to citizenship. This isn't what Berg is claiming in his suit, but if it is true that he wasn't born here, then it's a cut and dry case that he isn't an American citizen.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Because of the paperwork that his mother would have had to have filed upon returning to Hawaii. He would have been a 'naturalized' citizen. Otherwise, she would have been allowed to enter the county but not her newborn. That is why they want the long form birth certificate, as it would show this.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I had no birth certificate and was only recognized by the state as being born when I was 18 (when I went for my driver's license) So does that make me ineligible for the presidency? A mistake made by parents/adoption agencies/government. Back in '61 didn't a U.S. citizen mother decide what her baby's nationality would be no matter where the birth? After all she is the guardian. Should he be criticised for decisions his mother made? In time of the writing of the constitution what was the meaning of the term and what did they intend for it to signify? After 200+ years meanings change, the world changes. Perhaps we need congress and the supreme court to settle the matter, but as far as I am concerned everyone who was born of an american is an american if they choose so at 18. A mere possible technicality should not wipe out an upstanding member of society from contributing. He has been in deed and thought an american. An argument could be made against some of the first presidents, too since they were not all born in the U.S. and technically were British citizens and became naturalized upon the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by deepvoid]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Note the difference between the "date of birth" and the date that the certificate was filed- a 4 day gap. I am not sure if this differs by state (my children's PA certificates have a one day gap). (I'm so old mine have footies on them
. A possible scenario would be that Mom gave birth in kenya but did not file a certificate there- waiting to do so until later. She never figured the small difference in dates would matter as long as her son was viewed as born in the USA.......

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by round_eyed_dog

Wait a sec.
That looks like Helvetica or something similar.

Did they even have that font style available back in 1961?

It looks like we are seeing something very similar to what we saw during RatherGate.

Remember that?
That was when Dan Rather tried to pull off a forged Word document as an actual Bush Air National Guard document.
Rather Gate forge exposed

Ended up costing Rather his job with CBS (aka SeeBS).

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
We will know one way or the other tomorrow, as the Judge in the case has ordered Obama to provide the following documentation by October 15th to the plaintiff:

Hi Jaxon.
Do you have a source that shows that the judge actually has ordered this? Your source has no signatures or dates on it. It's basically a form that has yet to be filled in.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thewayshemoves
I don't know if this is valid or not, but where exactly is that birth certificate from? The rest of you who live in the US, does yours look anything like that at all? I was born in Florida and mine is totally different and has way more information on it.

Birth certificates change over the years. I recently had to get a new one which looked nothing like my old one. The old one was black and white and filled out with a typewriter. The new one was obviously computer generated on stock.

Anyhow, I would think that the federal government would have done a thorough background check on any high profile presidential candidate. I am pretty sure they have access to far more records than any of us have. If there was a question of his eligibility, they would have denied his application.

This whole thing appears to be an attempt to cause potential voters to wonder if he really is American. It's just a continuation of the "he is not like us" tactics being used by the Republicans at the moment.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Kaploink]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The birth certificate has been verified as genuine by the Hawaii dept of health, and Obama is recorded in their system as being born there, so any claims about the the certificate being "forged" are irrelevant. The only issue remaining is why his grandmother would say he was born in Kenya. Is the information coming from Berg, or is it independently verified?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
What difference does it make if he was born in Kenya or not?.. I swear you people are just looking for reasons to hate this guy.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

You are going to get an official laser printed version with seals and stamps in most states. This was almost exactly what my bc looked like when I renewed my passport in 07.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

The order hasn't been signed yet; it's just been submitted to the court for a signature.

No word yet on when it will be signed by the judge.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
In my opinion, the birth certificate has been forged.

There is absolutely no good, logical reason to not produce a valid birth certificate once and for all. It simply boggles the mind that Obama can vet himself by producing the most fundamental of all government I.D.'s.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Why the hell does it matter what he thinks of his grandmother? I doubt there is one person on here or in the world that likes and gets along with every single family member they have.

"OMG HE hates his grandmother! He's going to be a bad president!!"
"OMG he's got a friend that once had connections to bombings!!"

I went to school with lots of kids that turned out to be really bad, some even murderers. WTF does that have to say about me? Not a damn thing.

That kind of mental retardation is what got America in the situation they're in right now in the first place.

I.e. Bush. And subsequently RE-ELECTING HIM.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Temperamental69]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
reply to post by Mak Manto

Are you calling Obama's Gramma a liar?
Don't worry dude, I doubt the truth will ever surface.

Honestly, it wouldn't matter. His mother did NOT give up citizenship. She was travelling abroad. If she had her child on the freaking moon he would still be an American and the birth certificate will state his STATE OF RESIDENCE as the state of birth.

If I am right, which I think I am but haven't had to deal with a birth of my own overseas, even soldiers whose kids are born say, in Germany, have the option to list their home state as the state of birth.

This is the most pathetic argument going. He is a citizen. I think that the GOP is going to try and unleash this BS approaching the election (probably the week before) and then he will simply come out with irrefutable evidence and make everyone involved with the release of him 'not being an American' look like complete fools.

If the GOP attempts this I fear that it will seal the deal for Obama (which the GOP is already well on their way of doing with their pathetic lies and misleading ads on this man.)

I know, you think I am voting for Obama with the above statements I have made. Well, you would be VERY wrong. However, I must point out and defend a person when they are unjustly attacked.

This whole argument is for the desparate to try and smear this man.

Won't work. Period.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Yeah, I agree that this needs to be settled. We all want Hilary to step back in the Ring right? ((((crickets))))

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join