It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Born In Kenya? His Grandmother Says Yes

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

There's nothing interesting about it. It simply reads like Berg's Brief in support of his Opposition against Obama and the DNC's Motion to Dismiss.

What is different is that the voice over says that Obama's Hawaiian birth certificate should read Barry Soetoro. Presumably because Obama had to become a naturalized US citizen upon returning to the United States for good, after he and his mother left Indonesia.

I'm not sure if the birth certificate would have to reflect the name change. But, if so, then Obama's Social Security card would also have to reflect the name change, in addition to Obama being issued a new number. As would his US passport. Anyway, all of those documents would only have to be changed if in fact Obama was adopted. That remains unclear. Indonesian officials would certainly have a record of it.

And if Obama were naturalized in the US as Soetoro, then there would be a paper trail of him changing his name back to Obama.

The only thing that would explain the Indonesian story without there being a paper trail beyond Obama's school registration, is if Obama's name change to Soetoro were a "common usage" name change rather than one done through a court process. Folks just started Obama by his new given name Barry Soetoro without there being an official record of it other than his school records; the courts of Indonesia never heard anything about it.

So, if the name change wasn't official, then we should assume that Obama's adoption wasn't official either.

So I hate to belabor the point, but if it were true that Obama indeed were not a citizen of the United States, but rather a naturalized citizen, there would be a vast paper trail verifying that claim. I don't buy the argument that Obama and his mother were able to outwit the official government agencies of three countries, courts, immigration, and customs, plus hospitals for the sole purpose of maintaining that Obama was born in the United States because he would one day run for POTUS. It just doesn't sound reasonable.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by Areal51]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
CLOSE THIS THREAD.

IT IS BASED ON A QUOTE THAT DOES

NOT EXIST

[edit on 19-10-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

That's the spirit!

On a Sunday morning, too.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

Someone's got to do something! Plus I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Some say all this I've shown is "OFF TOPIC", so I have started a new thread you will find here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
you will also find there, an UPDATE Oct. 18, 2008 on the Berg vs Obama case.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

McCain was indeed born in Panama Canal Zone to American military parents at an American Naval base. In an effort to put this long-standing debate to rest, at least in the case of John McCain, Senators Patrick Leahy (D) and Claire McCaskill (D) introduced a non-binding resolution in March 2008 expressing that John McCain qualifies as a "natural born Citizen" as specified in the Constitution. The resolution, supported by Senators Barack Obama, Hillary Rodham Clinton, and Jim Webb, was unanimously passed by the Senate later that month.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
CLOSE THIS THREAD.

IT IS BASED ON A QUOTE THAT DOES

NOT EXIST

[edit on 19-10-2008 by Sublime620]

I think you may want to watch this video..
Listen to the woman in pink, time in the video is around 2:29
"He's originally from Kenya"
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MissysWorld

The video will not play for me.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
"He is originally from Kenya"

It's actually at the 2:44 mark.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I hate to tell you, but they are right. Now we actually have someone saying he is from Kenya! I guess it is a neighbor woman, but she may be related?!?!?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

But his grandmother said very clearly the first time that she met her grandson he was visiting from college. But we'll ignore that completely because now that she has said something different than what Berg's suit claims we must shift the focus quickly away to some random neighbor.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

It doesn't do your stance much good when you post a video that argues a stronger point for Obama being born outside of Kenya from his Grandmother no less. But hey keep hope alive.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I admit I'm coming in a bit late to this party....so, now that I've read the invitation, could SOMEONE please tell me which Grandmother Says 'YES"???

Would it be Sen. Obama's 'mother's Mother....his so-called 'white' Grandmother, or would it be his 'paternal' Grand-Mother, the mother of his father.

I am confused...now, I kinda sorta know that both of my Grand-Parents were born in the USA....although, based on my Irish heritage, I'm not quite sure of my Great-Grandparents....but WHY is MY Citizenship in doubt, based on my GrandParents???????

I have a SSN, and a Birth Certificate, proving my Nationality!!!!!!!

Sheesh!!! John McCain wasn't born in the USA!!! (I'm not implying that Sen. Obama wasn't born in Hawai'i, just trying to make a point....)

Look....as far as my Civics lessons informed me, Hawai'i was a STATE when Mr. Obama was born there. One of the FIFTY States that happen to enjoy a Star, for each one, on our FLAG!

McCain was 'born' in the Canal Zone.....back when Hawai'i AND Alaska weren't even States yet!!! Funny, how no one mentions that factoid!

Here's a question to stump all....do John McCain and Barack Obama have current PassPorts?

Maybe, as US Senators, they are not required to maintain a PassPort, because of Diplomatic Status. BUT, if we can ascertain whether or not these men have current passports...and whether their WIVES and current running mates, and THEIR spouses have current PassPorts....we just may be on to something!!!

EDITTING to add....I HAVE MAINTAINED a current passport, and still do, since 1984.

I daresay MOST Americans never bothered to own a PassPort, since they never deigned to leave the Country, and expand their horizons.

I also daresay that most Americans don't even know what the word 'deigned' means....nor do they even understand the term 'daresay'....

Since I'm 'editting'....I should make this a 'PS', because THEN most Americans might, possibly, get it.

But, it's already an 'edit'....and whilst I know the majority of erudite ATS readers will understand, I'm realistic enough ta' know, "gosh darn it", that Sarah Palin will "Gosh darn double down ya"....and speak to the --"heartland, the Moose shootin', middle Americuns....the ones I um speaking ta!!! Golly gee whilickers!!! Uh'm talkin' to all youse Americuns....Ya kno HOO I am speakin' ta!!!!

.....Caribou Barbie.....that is possibly the funniest caricature of any Political Nominee in my recent memory!!

To summarize.....how does THIS relate????

Well, just look at the OP's title. And investigate, for yourselves.

[edit on 10/21/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
And the hornet's nest has been sufficiently whacked yet again! I just wish the Judges on these cases would fast track them so we could just get this whole damn thing settled, once and for all!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   

That tape was posted on January 28, 2008. Eight months before Berg filed a lawsuit against Obama. Don't you think that if it had shown Obama's grandmother saying in fact that he was born in Kenya, it would be the centerpiece for Berg's lawsuit?

No one in the video says anything of the like. Obama's grandmother speaks of Obama visiting her for the first time when he was a college student.

Then the neighbor, someone who is young enough to be one of Obama's daughters, speaks about how Obama becoming president would be an uplifting experience for Kenyans, because "Obama is originally from here." What does "originally from here" mean? Is she referring to Obama's roots or that Obama was born in Kenya? Hard to tell. But given her age, that she wouldn't have been around to witness Obama's birth, she more likely was speaking of Obama's roots. Or, she may have heard about Obama's birth. Still, there's no way to be sure.

That's why it is not central to Berg's argument.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   

That's a far cry from "He was born in Kenya".

I say I am originally from New Jersey, but I didn't move there until I was 12. The reason I say I am from there is because that's where I did most of my growing up.

If he spent most of his early childhood in Kenya, it makes sense she'd say that.

*Edit:

So, wait, let me get this straight. The lady ISN'T even his grandmother? It's some "neighbor" lady?

Wow... so that's all it takes for you guys lately huh? Some youtube video with a lady you don't know, saying what you want to hear. Pathetic.

She said, "originally from Kenya". That means nothing. Do you have the real quote?

"Obama was born in Kenya." That's the quote you people said you could produce. I'm still waiting.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by Sublime620]

[edit on 21-10-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Areal51

That tape was posted on January 28, 2008. Eight months before Berg filed a lawsuit against Obama. Don't you think that if it had shown Obama's grandmother saying in fact that he was born in Kenya, it would be the centerpiece for Berg's lawsuit?

No one in the video says anything of the like. Obama's grandmother speaks of Obama visiting her for the first time when he was a college student.

Then the neighbor, someone who is young enough to be one of Obama's daughters, speaks about how Obama becoming president would be an uplifting experience for Kenyans, because "Obama is originally from here." What does "originally from here" mean? Is she referring to Obama's roots or that Obama was born in Kenya? Hard to tell. But given her age, that she wouldn't have been around to witness Obama's birth, she more likely was speaking of Obama's roots. Or, she may have heard about Obama's birth. Still, there's no way to be sure.

That's why it is not central to Berg's argument.

"Obama is originally from here." What does "originally from here" mean? Is she referring to Obama's roots or that Obama was born in Kenya? Hard to tell.

You have NOT quoted her correctly and you know it. Clearly she says "He is originally from Kenya" and the gentleman in the video states that the neighbors are more or less related to the Senator Barack Obama.
Maybe some of you should go back and read some of the posts here where ppl asked "where's the proof", they asked to find where it was stated that he was originally from Kenya. I find this video, and get attacked for finding it, so much so that you change what is said in the video..sad...very sad...

[edit on 21-10-2008 by MissysWorld]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

[Edit]

Oops! Okay. I made a mistake; "here", "Kenya", means the same thing. I listened to it several times and depending on the volume it sounds like either.

Anyway, you're right. But it doesn't make a substantial difference. I quoted the girl. I didn't say that she said Obama was from the United States, if that's what you're thinking. Quoting her meant quoting her perspective. Don't be silly, Missy.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by Areal51]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Dude, I don't get you.
First you ask for a source that prooves Obama is from Kenya, then you get and still reject it.
I'm not surprised you make up rules as you go along.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join