It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breathing without Air

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

I think you will find that the currently accepted fact is that the human body needs oxygen to survive.

Oxygen (about 20% of the 'air' we all breath) is absorbed inside the lungs where 1 molecule of oxygen attaches itself to the iron atom contained at the centre of every molecule of haemoglobin (oxygenated blood). This is then pumped around the body where the oxygen is 'offloaded' as a vital part of the functoning of the human body.

Without oxygen you will die.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
That's very interesting actually, I remember hearing that without oxygen your heart cells begin performing apoptosis after a certain amount of time(Sorry I don't know the source my friend told this to me a long time ago). I didn't think much of it at the time, but I can't see why cells would begin killing themselves for no valid reason and no one has been able to prove why this happens, maybe the world we know is just a Maya. There was a very interesting book I picked up a while ago called Journey to Ixtlan- by Carlos Castaneda about such an illusion, and how he learned to "stop the world." I think I'm about to go pick it up and start reading.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join