It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A View of the Entire Universe- The Mandelbrot Set

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Why thank you very much, I am downloading it now. I will have to get back to you

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

The learning curve is kind of steep, and it's still in development so I don't know if it has all the capabilities that other fractal-generating software has.

But it is free – it will expire after the demo period, but when I emailed the guy asking about getting a full version, he said since it's still in development this is the only version available, and I should just download a new copy when it expires

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Cool thanks alot. I am having fun with those fractals. The software isn't quite where I would like it to be just yet but I have started to do some experiments animating the mandelbrot set which is a bit frustrating at the moment because it is kind of hard to control.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Just wanted to stop by and post some interesting links I found pertaining to Mandelbrot crop formations.

www.greatdreams.com...
www.greatdreams.com...
cropcircleconnector.com...

www.diagnosis2012.co.uk...

16. Crop Circles; crop circles started being noticed by the world at large in 1980, and their numbers began to accelerate in 1985. They would seem to be Jon King's "energy codings", since they definitely clustered in his "Aquarian Triangle" - an area full of sacred sites. In July 1991, Barbury Castle had a stunning triangular formation which looked like the Aquarian Triangle, and was described by Brian Grist as "an alchemical Mandelbrot set". Then, within a month, we had the Mandelbrot set itself, which arrived at Ickleton, in Cambridgeshire. The original fractal, this is a pictorial representation of a complex equation to describe systems with a hierarchy of repeating patterns. The Mandelbrot-fractal formations indicate the significance of 2012, as it has been identified as the terminal point in a Mandelbrot-fractal* timewave system; see next item. (*ref: Robert Anton Wilson's Trajectories Newsletter No.7)

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
WOW @ that top picture

No word of a lie i had a vision of that last time i took E!

Tried to explain it at the time, the other guys thought i was insane lol!

Hasnt it just been in new scientist that the universe may actually scientifically be a hologram? google it if u havent seen it.
I was reading that the rules of a hologram means that every single part must contain the information of the whole. i.e. if you made a hologram of an apple and split it into 2, you would get 2 full smaller apples, not 2 halves.

I came to the realisation that when jesus was saying the kingdom of god is within us, he was right, it truly proves the fact that we are all one, and raises new questions about conciousness and probably proves god exists in some form (although not in the way of any western religion).

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
You say that you are God, or a god, but you want to focus only on goodness. But, if there is a God, then why did he put evil in the world? It obviously serves a purpose. I don't think the evil in this world is just an accident... it's too pervasive... unless, of course, there is no God and # just happens.

You do realize, don't you, that every single day on this planet, someone or some poor animal experiences your worst nightmare. EVERY DAY! That is just too much horror to even consider there being a God... or a "good" God that gives a damn about us. If there is a God, then we are being ignored. If there is a God, then the least he could do is drop by every once in a damn while and set things straight like a loving parent would do... shees, what's the big damn deal! He's not even lifting a finger! With all of the suffering in this world... no way, no God.

Sorry for being a party pooper.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSingularity

The answer to that question should be fairly easy... "Balance".
God seperated the Day-Night, Light-Dark, Havens-Earth, Man-Woman, Hot-Cold, Right-Wrong, Good-Evil... Balance
also your last part....he's not lifting a finger, cause he already knows all possible outcomes, AND, He gave us free will...Remember?... He wont change your mind for you even though he could.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by GerhardSA]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
What would happen if say a person has the mandelbrot of creation?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TheUltimateEnd

Like dark matter?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Can a cube become a sphere?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

perhaps they are one and the same??

i'm glad this thread was revived, i would have missed all the wonderful replys.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Awesome, spirals, fractals and golden ratios etc. are probably the way the universe simply manifests. Like most things in nature, the "design" (animals, plants) is all about functionality and what we view as beautiful. Beauty is (scientifically proven) a lot about symmetry, and those fractals are in perfect harmony.

I used to draw the golden ratios all the time, but I stopped when i realized it's a pretty cooky thing to do.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
It is said that our universe as well as ourselves can be understood and translated using a Mandelbrot Set. Everything that happens in this Universe is coordinated into this set. Every person or living thing has a purpose and a place in this set.

I don't know who said that, but I'm fairly certain that's not true.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
If you spin a cube in all directions in every angle/degree at the speed of light, you get a sphere that doesn't exist, But it is visible. What would you think happen if you were to go faster than light?

The opposite? Invisble.

So what is Dark matter?

So I ask , can you go faster than light?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I'm not an expert but I believe you would be reduced to atoms and experience a quantumn jump through time space, can't say for sure where youd end up, but I do believe that each point in time space has an opposite.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I want to thank for you this thread, For you are a light we need in this world.

You are very close to an answer, that very well may change the course of history, and why we are here.

I would like your opinion first friend, before I post some revealing information. PM me, I would like to send two zoomable images, may mean something to you or someone you know. Blessed is you, may you have eyes to see the way.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUltimateEnd

You are very close to an answer, that very well may change the course of history, and why we are here.

I would like your opinion first friend, before I post some revealing information. PM me, I would like to send two zoomable images, may mean something to you or someone you know. Blessed is you, may you have eyes to see the way.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Thread dies.

whatasurprise

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUltimateEnd

if you didnt get an answer then Im game to try this so send me a private message. Im pretty darn good with these kinds of things.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join