It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel like a bad guy here.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
For the last few years I've been on ATS I've been trying to prove conspiracies... I've turned from a conspiracy theorist in some aspects to a debunker and I'm trying to deny ignorance here by debunking all of the false claims regarding to Obama. I just don't want people to see Obama as another Bush... can I still post positive remarks about Obama, as long as they're accurate, and, a way of denying ignorance?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
For the last few years I've been on ATS I've been trying to prove conspiracies...

Ummm...forgive the silly question, but, your username has been active since March of 2008.

Who were ya before? Because seven months does not a few years, make.

Cuhail

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Yeah I was here before. I created this account because I didn't want my old account anymore (I'm not posting with more than one accounts). I don't think that matters though. I'm just saying I feel like a bad guy for being a debunker.

But do you see what I'm saying?

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
why? go debunk sometimes people need to be told staright up - "your an idiot" go debunk with pride

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The purpose of this site is to prove, and to debunk.

Facts. Proof.

No-hearsay.

That isn't ingorance, that is participating to the well-being and good quality posts of this site

- Carrot

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

I used to be Maverickhunter, and, before that, I had another account that was registered in 2004, NWObringer. So you can see that I've been here for a while.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

I just want to prove the conspiracies that are true, and, disprove the ones that are slanderous. Is that okay?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

reply to post by CA_Orot

I just want to prove the conspiracies that are true, and, disprove the ones that are slanderous. Is that okay?

*Bolded for my emphasis*

PROVE and DISPROVE are the operative words in that sentence. Offer up the Proof and you'll be fine.

It's all about what you can PROVE. If you start a thread with the "authority" of knowing that something is true or false, you HAVE to be able to back up your claims.

However, if you start a thread of "I THINK", that is a different story...You can believe anything you want...but if you want others to believe it, you have to give us proof.

- Carrot

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I'll tell you what I think.

I'm not voting for either one of those clowns. I'm sick of politics and especially partisan politics. So I'm exercising my right not to vote, and I urge everyone to do the same. Our government is failing. We need a redo. The US is the worlds longest running current government and every great power has gone away and there is no reason why the US is different. I'm starting to think the Federalist Papers had it right.

If I had to choose, I guess I'd choose Obama. Don't know why but I would. It might be because that if Obama is elected, he'll shake things up a little bit.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Debunk or not to your hearts content. Just remember that claims of anysort usually require proof. Just do that to the best of your ability, and keep an open mind, and you'll do fine.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

Originally posted by N. Tesla
why? go debunk sometimes people need to be told straight up - "your an idiot" go debunk with pride

NO.

They most certainly do not need to be told that.

You can argue a position with facts, and you opinion of the situation, but on ATS you most certainly cannot go out and do what you described here.

Attack the post, but not the poster

Courtesy is Mandatory

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
We also should all remember that "just because ""you"" believe something is untrue, does NOT in fact make it untrue"... and "Vice-Versa"

Expecting your personal beliefs and/or opinions to be taken as fact, is presumptive at least.

Also many times people use source material that is highly suspect, thereby making their entire argument suspect as well.

Research, investigate and post facts to your hearts content; anything less does not serve your purpose.

IMO

Semper

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

For the last few years I've been on ATS I've been trying to prove conspiracies... I've turned from a conspiracy theorist in some aspects to a debunker and I'm trying to deny ignorance here by debunking all of the false claims regarding to Obama. I just don't want people to see Obama as another Bush... can I still post positive remarks about Obama, as long as they're accurate, and, a way of denying ignorance?

the guy grew up on an indian reservation camp, give the guy a break.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Homeless Man

NO TROLLING... stop disseminating false information.

new topics

top topics

join