It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zecharia Sitchin , your thoughts ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The first I ever herd of Zecharia Sitchin was on C2C . All I ever really took away from his conversations was his belief of a tenth planet and tails of the Anunnaki . Every once in a while on C2C you would hear George ask one of his guests what he though of Zecharia Sitchin and his work and the usual response was either good or bad and that was it no other real follow up , so sad to say C2C wasn't that helpful educating me on the topic of Z. Sitchin .
Today well out shopping I stopped in the local book store and noticed for the first time his book , in paperback . The book looked like a fiction novel , judging by its cover . When I picked it up I was a bit surprised to see his name as the author , The Wars of God's and Men , book 3 of the Earth Chronicles . Needless to say at this point , I bought it and have read the first two chapters of the book . I must say I am a bit surprised it's not what I was expecting . He seems to go into quite a bit of detail of early Egyptian myth . Then when I learn that the Earth Chronicles is part of a 6 series set I am learning that mr. Z.S is much more then the Anunnaki and planet 10 .
I am hoping that one , or more of you may be able to enlighten me as to how reliable is he ?
Are any of you aware of his book's ? If so , are they accurate and supported by a majority in the community as accurate ?

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Max_TO]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I"ve read some of Mr. Zecharia Sitchins books. They were most interesting read I must admit. I am sure that what he says has some truth or not most of it true and others seems a little to hard to believe. That doesn't mean that what he is saying is a lie.. Perhaps with a little more research by other scientist could clarify things up somewhat. But, I am afraid that there will be no scientist to do these things because they do not want to be rediculed. Hopefully some just might stand up and say something or at least write it down under a false name so that others can read their statements. They say a fool is not a fool once something gets proven. Only history will tell.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Brothers

Here's a good look at the rest of the story
www.sitchiniswrong.com...

Sitchin is the only scholar to accept his interpretations.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I as well have read all his books. I actually put it in the same category as the Bible *ducks*. It was a great story but....a great story none the less.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
I am hoping that one , or more of you may be able to enlighten me as to how reliable is he ?

Far less reliable than any science fiction author, if, that is, you want facts.

Sitchen claims to be able to translate cuneiform, yet has continuously refused to demonstrate this ability.

He is lying.

Harte

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

Are any of you aware of his book's ? If so , are they accurate and supported by a majority in the community as accurate ?

His books are reliable in much the same way as Tolkien's Lord of the Rings is a reliable account of early European history.

And that's without doubt the most complimentary thing I've ever said about him!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

The books are an interesting read, and the idea of past visitations by aliens is intriguing. The problem is Mr Sitchin does get much more out of the tablets than most other people. I do believe it is possible aliens have visited us in the past, but probably to watch us and not interfere.

It is also interesting in the early 1970s, his aliens were using rockets because they were popular back then. Why would an advanced civilization use a costly and primitive means to get around?

Also, I think there is a problem with a planet that is so far from the sun most of the time that the sun would resemble a star. How could such a planet with such a cold temperature sustain humanoid aliens? Mr Sitchin claims over and over again the Nibiruans look just like us.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies !
Is any of his info creditable ? He must have had some success with his work , no ? I have noticed that he seems to cover quite a bit of ancient mythology , are none of his reports creditable ?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Success in selling books to the general public has no relationship to credibility or the quality of research. There is plenty of proof of that.

Since I know virtually nothing about Sumerian studies, I bow to those who have studied it and they do not agree with Sitchin. If you want to see the accepted translations of the same texts which Sitchin claims to have translated they are here.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
he's in the same category as micheal tsarion. he just takes quotes from different times and sources and adds them up. as far as translations go he's pretty much laughed at.

great stories though!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Very cool link ! Looks like there is a lot there

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

He gets much of his history right, but when the ancient astronaut part comes in it gets a little wacky. I give him a little more credit than some of the people here, in that he at least gets people to read about history.

There are a lot of anomalies out there, and the authors who have alternative theories bring up a lot of good points. Read some of the books out there and decide for yourself. Don't let us decide for you.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
David Icke's work quotes him and his theories, Icke then links them to other reserchers accounts, including several ancient civilizations claiming their ancestors came from the sky and were amphibian like.

See the youtube vids of lectures with Alex collier from the 90's he claims to be an abductee of benovolent beings that told him of our history involving the Anunnaki..

see also the great discoveries of physicist Nassim Haramein also on youtube. He links our creation and oneness with the universe using physics, he then unravells our past involving advance beings too. His work is very impressive....take a look, enjoy...

new topics

top topics

join