It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I upload my background pic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Title says it all. I've been looking for abovetopsecret.com/forums/upload but I can't seem to find it. Where do I upload my background pic specifically and how do I do it?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cognoscente

You mean your avatar?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Go to MemCenter, Member Upload Space. Upload the picture and copy the URL once it is uploaded into your avatar field on your Account Settings page.

I think.....at least, that's how I did it.....for my avatar.

[edit on 10/13/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I realize I posted this in the wrong forum. But everyone thanks for your responses. Hope this gets moved to the appropriate place.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
No, I think he means the avatars that some of the older members have, where the picture is in the background, and it under-laps everything, so all of your points and info is sitting on it.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

Isn't that background something you have to "buy" in the ATS Store with points?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

You're in the right place, we just need to know if you mean an avatar or what in the store they call "Custom mini-profile background image"?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
We have a store here?

That makes sense now. I was wondering what these points were for.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Yeah, thanks guys. I'm now deciding whether or not I want to spend the 2500 on a background image when I can just use the avatar feature. I honestly had no idea I could even do this, so I've been working my ass off for forum applauds just to buy the thing. Well, I guess it wasn't for nothing.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Ok. Let's say I want to upload a background image.

When I go to the store and it says type the link of your image in this format: abovetopsecret.com/forum/uploads/ my question is, where do I upload this image exactly?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

You need to upload it to your upload space first. Refer to my instructions above for uploading the avatar image. Same procedure, just put the link in a different place.

If I am wrong, someone correct me QUICK before I mess things up....

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
First of all c, you just had a pretty cool avy up. What happened to it?

Second, I have no idea how that works. I imagine they give you a space to upload after you bought the thing. Best thing to do is to find a member who's done that and ask them.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Nice. K I got this working.

It appears when you upload an image to your member space it gives it to you in the form: files.abovetopsecret.com...

Now all you have to do is replace 'http://files.abovetopsecret.com/uploads/' with 'http://'uploads.abovetopsecret.com'/xxx' (xxx being your file name)

That was where I was confused. Thanks again, and nice to see you again SD.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by cognoscente]

new topics

top topics

join