It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Important: They Who Survived Hiroshima, With Almost No Injuries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Hiroshima

I do not believe this has ever been covered here on ATS, so I have decided to bring it forward. It is a mystery that came in the events of the dropping of atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Here is an absolute sign from God: The Hiroshima 8 Survivors
His hand of protection and his affirmation of Fatima
Evidence:"During the Second World War atomic bombs were dropped on two
Japanese cities: Hiroshima and Nagasaki. An extraordinary thing happened at both sites.
-A unique group of men survived a nuclear blast that killed nearly all other people even at over ten times further from the blast.
Absolutely unexplainable by scientific means.
-The group was unique, singled out: Catholic clergy living the message of Fatima
-It was reproducible. It happened twice: Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Both sets of survivors were Catholic religious.
-Most other buildings were leveled to the ground, even at maybe 3 times the distance, but their house stood (apparently with some windows intact!)
-All other people (except for a handful of scattered sole survivors), even at 3 times the distance from the explosion died instantly. Those within a radius TEN times the distance at which the Jesuits were exposed died from radiation within days.
-The survivors, a group of Catholic clergy, were examined by scientists over 200 times over the next 30 years with no ill effects found.

THE EVENT:
In Hiroshima, a small community of Jesuit Fathers lived in a church
house near the parish church, situated only eight blocks from the
center of the bomb blast.

When Hiroshima was destroyed by the atomic bomb,
all eight members of the small Jesuit community escaped unscathed,
while every other person who was within a radius of roughly one and a
half kilometers from the center of the explosion died immediately. The
church house where the Jesuits lived was still standing, while the
buildings in every direction from it were leveled. (This coincides with the
bombing of Nagasaki where St. Maximilian Kolbe had established a
Franciscan Friary which was also unharmed and also had no effects from
The Nagasaki bomb.)

Further reading:
Hubert Shiffer

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Great OP. Im immensly curious about this now and had never heard of this before. Im going to study up on this before further comments. Thanks for the info.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I have never heard of this incident. I did a few searches through Google and the only websites referencing it seem to be affiliated with Christianity in some way or another. As you can imagine, this seems a little odd. I'll have to research a bit further. If anyone has a few sources not linked to Christianity, by all means let me know of them.

Edit to add: I cannot vouch for the accuracy of this, but it is interesting nonetheless. From Wikipedia's entry for Maximilian Kolbe: "The monastery he founded remains prominent in the Roman Catholic Church in Japan. Kolbe decided to build the monastery on a mountain side that, according to Shinto beliefs, was not the side best suited to be in tune with nature. When the atomic bomb was dropped on Nagasaki, Kolbe's monastery was saved because the blast of the bomb hit the other side of the mountain, which took the main force of the blast. Had Kolbe built the monastery on the preferred side of mountain as he was advised, his work and all of his fellow monks would have been destroyed."

[edit on 13/10/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I'm also dubious about the validity of the story...

But if it is true, really, so what?

Thousands and thousands weren't as lucky as the monastary.

This smells propagandic... what is this supposed to be, evidence that those people were better somehow? At the very lease paperplane's quotes make it sound like an attempt to vilify Shinto beleifs.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I don't believe it, but stranger things have happened. In Viet Nam, we would often go back near the trail on the heels of an arc-light strike and unbelievably, some of those little people would crawl out of the debris, bleeding from every orifice.

We would be miles away, and still take a bit of pounding.

I learned that in every bombardment, of any kind, there are always survivors. Not a miracle, just wasn't their turn.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I have heard about this before... as to the validity of the religion that i can not vouch for... very interesting though!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
One of the Jesuit survivors was later head of the Jesuit order: Pedro Arrupe SJ. The survivors were interviewed and examined by American military medical personnel many times and monitored for years after. They did not suffer from radiation sickness and did not develop cancer. The conditions (temperature and pressure etc.) in the vacinity should have killed them. They attributed their survival to their practice of devotion to the Mother of God. Scientists who had access to the details of the case were, and remain, baffled.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
What follows is Dr. Stephen Rinehart's commentary on the
subject of the Hiroshima atomic bomb blast. Within the U.S.
Department of Defense Stephen Rinehart is widely recognized as
international expert in this field.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rinehart's Testimony: A quick calculation says at 1 kilometer the bulk
temperature was in excess of 20,000 to 30,000 degrees F
(transients in microseconds greater than 100,000F perhaps as high as
1,000,000 F within 1 kilometer - depends on construction details and
you are inside the fireball) and the blast wave would have hit at sonic
velocity with pressures on building (at one kilometer) greater than 600
psi. If the Jesuits (at one kilometer from the geometric epicenter)
were outside the atomic bomb's "plasma" their residence should
still have been utterly destroyed (temp > 2000 F and airblast
pressures > 100 psi).
Unreinforced masonry or brick walls (representative of
commercial construction) are destroyed at 3 psi, which will
also cause ear damage and burst windows. At ten psi, a human will
experience severe lung and heart damage, burst eardrums and at 20 psi
your limbs can be blown off. Your head will be blown off by 40 psi
and no human would be alive because your skull would be crushed.
All the cotton clothes would be on fire at 350 F and
your lungs would be inoperative within a minute breathing air (even for
a few seconds) at these temperatures. No way any human could have
survived nor should anything have left been standing at one kilometer.
At ten times the distance, about ten to
fifteen kilometers I saw the brick walls standing from an
elementary school school and I think there were a few badly burned
survivors; all died within fifteen years of some form of cancer).
(Examining pictures taken from a panoramic view from epicenter of the
blast at Shima Hospital looking for the Jesuit’s house) did show some kind of two story house totally
intact (at least from what I could make out and it looked to me the windows were in place!?). Also
there was a church with walls still standing but roof gone a few hundred yards away!?
The Department of Defense never commented officially on this
and I suspect it was classified and never discussed in open literature.
I think it is possible the Jesuits were asked not to say anything either at the time.

new topics

top topics

join