It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]Picture of UFO over washington DC? 10/13/08[HOAX]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Ok, I was wrong about the reflection, but I do have one question for the photograph physicists out there.

Notice how subdued the lighting of the White House is compared to the absolute intensity of the light . How bright would it have to be to be that intense at the same distance as the White House?

Seems to be me that a light that intense above the building would cast light upon the roof. No such light is evident.

That's what caused me to think reflection. The light is too intense for a background object. It seems much more like an object closer to the camera to me.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Hello dansteele,

Thanks for the interesting picture.
Could you please post the original? I see the first picture, with the UFO, has Adobe Photoshop CS2 meta information. I'm not accusing you of anything but if you want a serious analysis we need the original untouched file, not cropped, not recompressed. I'm sure you got a better resolution than 1513x1146 from a 6 Mpixel camera.
If there is a limit on uploaded file size, you can email it to me: n a b l a t o r (at) g m a i l . c o m.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I normally use the Adobe photo import thing to get my pictures off of the camera so it did open in photoshop and then I saved it, I didn't change the picture at all.

I got the original picture off the sd card though, here it is
img511.imageshack.us...

(also, even though it's a 6 megapixel camera, i was zoomed in all the way with digital zoom which I think makes it more grainy or lower resolution or something - I didn't crop it or resize)

oh, and the object was pretty much over the white house, but it was more over the lawn area, not directly above the white house itelf. the bright light was on the front, almost like a headlight, the whole thing wasn't as bright as the picture makes it look

[edit on 14-10-2008 by dansteele]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Sorry, I don't believe this is the the original picture off the SD card.
It doesn't match the metadata nor the compression signature of original Sanyo CG6 pictures easily found on the web.

Your picture img511.imageshack.us... has:
EXIF Software: QuickTime 7.5
Compression signature matches: Adobe Photoshop, Save As 08

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Blah blah blah I'm an idiot with way too much time on their hands who needs to:

1. Get a clue

2. Move out of moms basement

3. Touch a real female - other than my mom - at least once before I die.

Seeya kthankbye banned

[edit on 15-10-2008 by alien]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered form this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

Taken from the Terms and conditions that you agreed to when you joined.

T&C

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dansteele

Thanks for the exercise in futility..don't let the door hit you on the butt on the way out. Me..I would ban your IP address and send you over to GLP.
There is ENOUGH fakery..you want prove your a photo shop CGI Expert?
GO TO HOLLYWOOD.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Not cool, Not cool at at all.

I used to think that ATS members were way too hard on people, but these past few days have changed my mind completely.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I am starting to love skeptics more and more. Only people you can trust these days it feels like, are the skeptics.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Well...aren't you just a smoochy kitten then.

[HOAX]-ed

Banned.

Locked.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join