It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]Picture of UFO over washington DC? 10/13/08[HOAX]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Greetings above top secreters,

I am a student at georgetown university in Washington DC, and late last night I was walking through the capitol gardens. I walked over to where I had a good view of the white house, and I noticed a bright light hovering above the white house. i tried to get a little closer (secret service doesn't allow yo very close to the white house at night) and noticed the light was coming from some weird triangular thing with a bright light on the front and several smaller lights. I thought it was a helicopter at first, but it didn't make any noise, and as I got closer I realized it was definitely not a helicopter. I couldn't get as close as I would have liked, but it looked to be metallicish. I took a few pictures, but I was using a handheld video camera that doesn't take very good stills, and this was the only one that turned out at all. I had to mess with the camera settings and hold it perfectly still to even get a picture of the relatively low quality i have.

I tried taking video, but I had a bunch of concert footage from a concert I recently attended, and I was out of memory.

I have no idea what it was, but it wasn't a helicopter. I googled "UFO" today, and after following a few links I found this one and figured I'd post the picture. I am sure there is a perfectly plausible explanation, but I will leave it to you guys to figure out. I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to UFOs

here is a link to the picture:
img374.imageshack.us...

[edit on 13-10-2008 by dansteele]

[edit on 15-10-2008 by alien]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
So let me get this straight.... You see a UFO over the white house.... Judging by the photo you're pretty close to the action.... You have a camera able to catch video.... But it has the concert from the other night on it....

Ummm.... again, you have a video camera, and you are standing in front of the white house with a UFO hovering over it.....

Well.... Musta been one hell of a concert.

Here comes the mass sighting hysteria.

Oh and imo, the blur from the rest of the still doesn't seem to match up with your blob of light.

For all those looking to the sky for something big this month, you'll get your fiasco, it just won't look like any kind of "ship"

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It's pretty obvious by the soft area around the illuminated object that this image has been tampered with (and mine are far from the best eyes in this community).

You're gonna have to get up to snuff on technique if you plan to bamboozle the ATS crowd.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Could you explain the movement, was it moving erratically?
Could you make out any noises?
What were the peoples comments around you?

and how could such a bright light not come out well on your other photos?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ticktockboom
So let me get this straight.... You see a UFO over the white house.... Judging by the photo you're pretty close to the action.... You have a camera able to catch video.... But it has the concert from the other night on it....

Ummm.... again, you have a video camera, and you are standing in front of the white house with a UFO hovering over it.....

Well.... Musta been one hell of a concert.

lol yep
hoax
lock this thread

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'm sure the secret service didn't find that noiseless, bright, hovering craft above the White House to be very unsettling or anything...

Ahem..

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Hi and welcome to ATS. I did some exhaustive research and think I have found the source of your picture, some one better inform the press...it has BEGUN!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I get images like that all the time with my iphone. The streaks of light, everything does just like that. They are cool looking pictures, but you'd have to be even dumber than the crowd you think is so dumb if you think a picture like this is going to fool anyone.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
A little brightening of the pic reveals an absolutely genuine, unretouched photograph.

Of reflections inside a car window.

Hope you enjoyed your stay, dansteele.
Don't worry, I hear the hammer only smarts for a second.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Alright guys, believe what you want, but I know what I saw.

I did not take these pictures from inside a car. I was pretty far away, and i was zoomed in. That bluish light in the background isn't a reflection, it's a lit up building in the background. Look up pictures of the white house, there's buildings behind it that you can see when you're sort of far away.

edit:
here's one:
flickr.com...

[edit on 13-10-2008 by dansteele]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dansteele

Alright, next time this happens send me a U2U so I can look too.
I can see the White House if I stretch my neck out the window.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I can't buy this one either. You have a basic blur that runs pretty much everywhere except your object. But your object shows a major jerkiness to it. The jerkiness of your object doesn't match the rest of the picture. Much as I would love to believe otherwise about it being a legit photo. The experts will have to chime in but I'm not convinced.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Whatever it was was moving around, so that could have made the object look blurrier. Like if you take a picture of a car at night its got streaks of light. I don't know, i'm not a camera expert.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
How come you only took one picture? I know if it was me and i saw a UFO over the white house, i would be taking as many as i could.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I looked up a bunch of photos of the White House and I see a flag at the top of the pole in all photos.I also notice that the colors glaring at the top of the pole in your pic. are Red,White and Blue. (hmm flags tend to move around alot)

[edit on 14-10-2008 by azureskys]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
I looked up a bunch of photos of the White House and I see a flag at the top of the pole in all photos.I also notice that the colors glaring at the top of the pole in your pic. are Red,White and Blue. (hmm flags tend to move around alot)

[edit on 14-10-2008 by azureskys]

Well done, nailed it!

Took the old binoculars out, stuck my head out the window, and wouldn't you know it the flag on top of the White House is lit up by a spotlight.
Case closed.

Nice try OP.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Ok, the bright thing at the top of the picture is definitely not the flag. Look at any picture of the whitehouse and you'll see the flag poll is not that tall! I was hoping that by posting this here I would have some people willing to help me figure out what this was, not trying to say I'm a liar

I don't really know what else to say. I biked to the white house about an hour ago and took a picture, from pretty much the same spot, with the same camera. You can clearly see the flag is not nearly as tall or bright as the object in the other picture. The lighted up building in the background is visible in this picture as well.

here it is:
img252.imageshack.us...

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

All right, let me see if I can re-open my mind to the possibility.
Dan, can you tell me what street you took the picture from please?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I took it from the middle of the Ellipse

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

All right, I'll go take a gander during the day to get some perspective.
I'll come back with my thoughts tomorrow night if you are still looking for input.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join