It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Class surprises lesbian teacher on wedding day

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by daeoeste
but I fail to see how this is as bad as some of these folks make it out to be,that is all. .

Well all I can say to that is keep listening, to as many as you can, and it should be self evident.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
You are so right on. I couldnt have said it better myself. TKain has really shown nothing but intolerance and ignorance here.

When I first read what Tkain said about this article I though" this perosn has to be sarcastic...right?"

Apparently though, TKain was dead serious. While things may be alot better than they used to be , This only proves that intolerance and prejudice are still alive and well.

What a shame

You know, I really love the way you liberals throw around your rubber stamp, cut and paste, bandwagon, prepackaged response of calling someone ignorant and intolerant whenever you don’t agree with somebody else who doesn’t think like you. And yet, you are too ignorant to realize that you are every bit as intolerant as what you claim others are.

Furthermore, you must also be ignorant to the fact children are impressionable and when exposed to something like this will think that it is perfectly fine and normal. But I’m sure you also think that being a [SNIP]is perfectly fine and normal. I suppose wife swapping is fine too, isn’t it?

Kids don’t need to be involved in this sort of BS! Society is going down the tubes as so as it is and here we have kids being introduced to this rubbish. They belong in school learning reading, writing, mathematics, and science, not liberalism 101. They don’t need to learn about a couple of [snip].

Mod Edit- We're a family friendly site.

Thanks,

[edit on 14-10-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
aw! the city hall building! I wish I could've gone! That building is beautiful!

Congratulations to the happy couple, I'm sure it was really great having all of her students their to support them. I wonder if they could use it as a way to teach them about civil rights, just a little though, I mean they're only 1st graders you only have to start them out.

That's what a response to this thread SHOULD look like. Some people repulse me. Ignorant animals.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
If this was a straight couple getting married no one would care here at ATS. Gay people are not different than you or I. If you wish for your child to dislike gay people or be intolerant then fine, but unless this shows an adverse affect on children I see no harm in it. So you should get to decide when your children learn that gay people exist and how to feel about gay people? News flash your children are not in a bubble, they will find out things and decide how they feel about them on their own eventually, how if the knowledge is age appropriate do you think it conflicts with your parenting? That line of reasoning would mean reality itself conflicts with your parenting, reality is not going to magically go poof when it comes to your children because of your own version of it. There are plenty of things to worry about that are going on with your children that are of more importance and worth the whining.

Now if you think your children shouldn’t be involved in a teacher’s life or know anything personal about said teacher’s family and this would upset you if the teacher is straight or gay then my post is not directed at you. Though I doubt you or anyone else can deny this is not an issue we’d be discussing at ATS or even have knowledge of if the teacher was straight. Besides the parents were involved in this instance, so what the hell is the fuss about?

[edit on 13-10-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

It's sort of difficult to take any accusation of intolerance seriously, when that same person uses slurs in their argument. I was also not aware that you were assigned the job of deciding what is and what isn't moral, did I miss a memo?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Furthermore, you must also be ignorant to the fact children are impressionable and when exposed to something like this will think that it is perfectly fine and normal. But I’m sure you also think that being a homo is perfectly fine and normal. I suppose wife swapping is fine too, isn’t it?

Yes, children are impressionable. And, I hope that exposing them to a ceremony between two people who love each other who want to commit their lives to each other will make them realize that it is perfectly fine and normal. Maybe it will get rid of some of the hatred, bigotry, and hypocrisy in the world.

Gay men and women exist. They live along side us straight people. They breathe the same air we breathe, shop in the same stores we shop in, live in the same neighborhoods we live in, have to follow the same laws we follow, and pay the same taxes we pay. Pretending they are somehow immoral and horrible and unnatural won't change anything. Teaching your kids that will only ensure yet another generation of hatred and bigotry.

I've always wanted to ask what people who see homosexuality as so unnatural and immoral will do if one of their children come to them and say they are gay? Will it still be so horrible then or will it suddenly become a bit more acceptable?

Also, quit going to the extremes with comparing homosexuality and gay marriage with wife swapping or heroin use. It is ridiculous.

[edit on 10/13/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage

Furthermore, you must also be ignorant to the fact children are impressionable and when exposed to something like this will think that it is perfectly fine and normal. But I’m sure you also think that being a homo is perfectly fine and normal. I suppose wife swapping is fine too, isn’t it?

Kids don’t need to be involved in this sort of BS! Society is going down the tubes as so as it is and here we have kids being introduced to this rubbish. They belong in school learning reading, writing, mathematics, and science, not liberalism 101. They don’t need to learn about a couple of *snip*.

Wow. I don't know what kind of weddings you go to, but I've never been to a wedding where the sexual practices of the couple are discussed. I'm pretty sure that these children were not learning about oral sex.

And you did catch the bit where this was planned by and with the permission of the parents, right? Do you think the parents should be told what it's appropriate to expose their kids too? By whom? The state?

Mod Edit: Removed offensive term from quote.

[edit on 10/14/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Yeah, who needs to learn even a slight amount about civil rights? That's not important part of history or anything.

You can't assume that just because a person sees homosexuality as normal that they'll find wife swapping to be normal too. These are two totally different things and it's a complete fallacy in your arguement.

and going against somebody who's against gay marriage IS intolerant, depending on the circumstances of their arguement. When their point does nothing but spout hate speech, yeah, I'm going to work against them. You have the right to state your opinion as much as anybody else, but there's no reason to be so hatefully ignorant.

I'm intolerant against ignorance, an idea, not a person. That does NOT make me just as intolerant as people who spew terrible things about two people who are perfectly happy together.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

You know, I really love the way you liberals throw around your rubber stamp, cut and paste, bandwagon, prepackaged response of calling someone ignorant and intolerant whenever you don’t agree with somebody else who doesn’t think like you. And yet, you are too ignorant to realize that you are every bit as intolerant as what you claim others are.

It just seems to me that others making pronouncements about who shall love whom is intolerant. Where is the intolerance in saying love whom thou wilt?

Yet here you are, calling one who would NOT dictate others' love "intolerant..."

I just don't get it.

Furthermore, you must also be ignorant to the fact children are impressionable and when exposed to something like this will think that it is perfectly fine and normal.

Oh, forsooth! We wouldn't want kids to grow up thinking love and commitment were NORMAL!

But I’m sure you also think that being a homo is perfectly fine and normal.

Define normal, please. What percentage of a population must exhibit a behavior before it's considered normal?

I suppose wife swapping is fine too, isn’t it?

I'm not into it, but I can say I am willing to TOLERATE it others, as long as all parties are willing. It's not MY business.

Kids don’t need to be involved in this sort of BS!

Of course we should shield them from love, commitment, and ceremony! Because...er... Heh. YOU tell ME why love and commitment should be kept from them, K?

Society is going down the tubes as so as it is and here we have kids being introduced to this rubbish.

Being tolerant, I will tolerate your assessment of love and commitment as being rubbish.

They belong in school learning reading, writing, mathematics, and science, not liberalism 101.

Love and commitment = liberalism 101??? Ok.

Actually, they belong where their PARENTS think they should be, and if that is to be present to add loving surprise to a special moment in a cherished teacher's life, where do you get off thinking YOU know "better?"

They don’t need to learn about a couple of *snip*.

Now that was hateful, you have to admit. What a fine emulation of...Jesus, comes to mind - NOT!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Here, let me sum your post up.

Be AFRAID! Be TERRIFIED of the Gays and Sexual Deviancy!

Run in Stark Terror, for the end is NIGH!

This has been a public service. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
To the kids this was a marrige, nothing more and nothing less. The children havent learned to hate because someone is different. This will come in a few years from friends, family media and of host of other ignorant places.
gay marrige is here to stay, like rock and roll and birth control, and Jon Stewart.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

You know, I really love the way you liberals throw around your rubber stamp, cut and paste, bandwagon, prepackaged response of calling someone ignorant

And I love your cookie cutter mentality as well. This pre-packaged rubber stamp that says anyone that shows tolerance, believes homosexuality is not immoral, and or believes in equal civil rights for homosexuals, has to be a liberal.

and intolerant whenever you don’t agree with somebody else who doesn’t think like you. And yet, you are too ignorant to realize that you are every bit as intolerant as what you claim others are.

The way I look at it, it's not me being intolerant to one persons thoughts, because that persons thoughts are intolerant to many people. I am intolerant to this idea. I am intolerant to intolerance. I see your point, I just don't think it's a problem. It's like being intolerant to proponents of human slavery. Yeah, sure, that's intolerance technically... I think there is good and bad intolerance.

Furthermore, you must also be ignorant to the fact children are impressionable

That's true, but it's also a weak argument.

I went to a wedding when I was a kid where the bride and groom both worked in the construction industry, themed their wedding this way, even had their wedding on a family farm, and they drove off in a John Deere.

Guess what? I don't drive John Deere and I don't work on a farm. The one major thing I got out of that wedding was the idea that marriage was this big life event.

and when exposed to something like this will think that it is perfectly fine and normal.

I'd like to think people with functional hearts would see this as a good thing. A couple in love getting married. To think something could take precedence over that is beyond me...

But I’m sure you also think that being a homo is perfectly fine and normal.

Correct.

I suppose wife swapping is fine too, isn’t it?

If it is something the couple mutually wants for their relationship then sure. I grant them this freedom. To each their own.

Kids don’t need to be involved in this sort of BS!

At what age do you think people should be allowed to attend weddings then?

Society is going down the tubes

If it is, people like you are on the front end of that anchor.

as so as it is and here we have kids being introduced to this rubbish.

They would be much better off if they listened to your rubbish no doubt

They belong in school learning reading, writing, mathematics, and science, not liberalism 101.

I would love to know which school you went to that taught going to a wedding was 'liberalism'.

They don’t need to learn about a couple of *snip*.

Did you see photos of this event that none of us saw???

Try and show some friggin respect man. Let's say these newly weds showed up in the same room as you after their wedding, would you call them "muff divers"?? Is that what you would be thinking in your head? Instead of any loving caring thoughts for them? Christ man.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The part I find most amusing. Ultra conservative preach about the "nuclear" family concept endlessly as if its some sort of panacea. Yet here is a couple that has done just that, committed to a monagamous realtionship.

Makes you go hmmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Your right I only want my kids to learn that blacks and women are the scum of the earth, and only white rich, christian men are all holy.

Serious get over it what if they had gone to see a straight teacher get married it would be just fine?

This whole segregation of the gays is just like every other stupid form of segregation we have come across. Unfortunately we are so stupid that instead of learning this lesson just once we have to go through it every time something arises that threatens to change this patheticly predictable life.

Rise above stupidity, all of you idiotic nay-sayers who for some reason think that this will corrupt our children worse than plenty of straight people in the news( bill clinton, paris hilton, miley cyrus, vanessa hudgens), AND realize that they are people too and should be seen as people not gays.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by caballero]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

It's because it's Adam an Eve, not Anny and Eve! If it were Adam and Steve it's just gross, but Anny and Eve sounds kind of Hot... and we Christians don't like getting warm in the knickers! It means Satan is trying to tempt you to dance the Horizontal Mambo.

Which means we should all flog ourselves so we can focus on the misery of our sinful existence, because it's better than thinking naughty thoughts.

This message brought to you by the letter Sarcasm and the number Glib.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It is disturbing how many people think they can judge others.

On a board like this (deny ignorance) I am surprised how some people are still so extremely closed minded and judgmental.

The idea that YOU can decided what OTHER people should do is the cause of so many of our problems. What makes you think you know better?

If it doesn't impact people who aren't involved, Who the # cares? Why does it bother you?

Live and let live.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

excellent post. Calling it immoral and wrong doesn't change anything, it just singles people out and outcasts them. THAT is wrong.

For the bigots, you don't have to accept them into your life, but at least respect them, and other peoples choices. It is their kids, not yours. It is their lives, not yours. You go about your business, but if bigotry is your business, set up shop elsewhere because thats not the kind of business we want in our communities.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheColdDragon
reply to post by FredT

It's because it's Adam an Eve, not Anny and Eve! If it were Adam and Steve it's just gross, but Anny and Eve sounds kind of Hot... and we Christians don't like getting warm in the knickers! It means Satan is trying to tempt you to dance the Horizontal Mambo.

But why do the "Christians" feel they have the right to spread hatred and dictate who others shall be permitted to love?

(And frankly, *I* think "Adam and Steve" sounds hot - I'm a woman that likes that sort of thing (much as you, as a male, like "Anny and Eve").

Which means we should all flog ourselves so we can focus on the misery of our sinful existence, because it's better than thinking naughty thoughts.

Seems they'd rather flog the gays (or muslims, or blacks, or [you get the picture]). [sigh]

This message brought to you by the letter Sarcasm and the number Glib.

Glad that was brought by sarcasm and glib! LOL! I nearly took it seriously.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheColdDragon
It's because it's Adam an Eve, not Anny and Eve!

And so that means that every single union has to be only one man and one woman? How many wives did Solomon have? What about Abraham, how many lovers did he have?

What about Adam's children, who wed their sisters? Should we do the same and marry our own sisters, just because that's how Adam and Eve did it?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

True, Fred. The Ultra Conservatives typically follow the nuclear family, because many believe it's what the Bible promotes, and yet in the Bible, God allowed all kinds of families (one man and woman, one man with a wife and a concubine, one man with many wives and many concubines).

Polygamy is another issue that conservatives are opposed to, and yet it clearly is allowed in the Bible.

In the case of homosexuality, it is the act of sodomy that is forbidden, not the marriage of the same sexes.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join