It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Class surprises lesbian teacher on wedding day

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
1. It is still illegal in this country. I wouldn't approve of children watching someone shoot heroin on a field trip, so why would I support them watching this federally illegal action?

The fact that you make any kind of corollary between a field trip to a heroin junkie and a field trip to a homosexual wedding screams of the kind of intolerance that is the real damage culprit in our society. I would sign a permission slip for a child to witness this "illegal" act if it meant they developed the compassionate understanding of equality that you lack.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

Yeah, I crapped the bed on that one. I was thinking federally unrecognized, made the heroin connection and screwed up. Please disregard #1. I'm at the end of a long day and not very razor sharp anymore.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
You know what puzzles me, why sexuality is involved in school in the first place. That's what i HATE about question 8, why oh why is sexuality being permitted being taught in class? Let that be taught at home, i think kids should go to school to learn things out of their reach, homosexuality is on TV enough for them to know what it is. If their interested they can ask their parents/guardians but kids go to school to receive an education that will benefit them in the future and school is not the place to receive education on anything sexually orientated

And why is there going to be a gay holiday? Can i have a straight holiday? Or will i get the same excuse as Latin Month or Black History Month? Let me hear more about my Italian heritage or Dutch heritage or English heritage. OH well

Back on topic though, i don't think this field trip was quite necessary, not because they (the children) were seeing homosexuals getting married but the fact it was a marriage, not a field trip. Take the kids back to school and teach them how to add and read not celebrate gays

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by screamo
And why is there going to be a gay holiday? Can i have a straight holiday? Or will i get the same excuse as Latin Month or Black History Month? Let me hear more about my Italian heritage or Dutch heritage or English heritage. OH well

Wow quite the slippery slope argument you have going there. Its a bit better than a strawman bust sheesh

Back on topic though, i don't think this field trip was quite necessary, not because they (the children) were seeing homosexuals getting married but the fact it was a marriage, not a field trip. Take the kids back to school and teach them how to add and read not celebrate gays

You contradict youself in the span of a short paragraph eh? You object tot he field trip NOT because it was two lesbians but rather not educational. Yet then you talk about not celebrating Gays

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by screamo

You're missing the greater picture here.

This was not a field trip to a homosexual wedding.

This was a field trip to see their teacher get married.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

I think its the case thats why some groups are pushing for a Constituional Amendment which would then allow Federal law to superseed state laws

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Do you guys really see what is happening here...

Kids, taken out of school.

When I was in school, we had feild trips, and had to get permision slips...
When i was in school, feild trips were educational... we had to make the case for it BEING educational..

A parent came up with the idea for the field trip - a surprise for the teacher on her wedding day.

As is the case with all field trips, parents had to give their permission and could choose to opt out of the trip. Two families did. Those children spent the duration of the 90-minute field trip back at school with another first-grade class, the interim director said.

As far as it being a teachable moment:

The students' parents are planning to make a video with the children describing what marriage is to them. Marriage, 6-year-old Nolan Alexander said Friday, is "people falling in love." It means, he added, "You stay with someone the rest of your life."

Poor kid, being indoctrinated in with the idea that marriage is about being in love, and life-long commitment...

The parents were behind this - possibly because it's reality. Good on them for taking the lead.

What would you have told your kid in this situation?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
i don't even see how there are enough heterosexual people to even have kids over in SanFran-Sicko.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I see have have hit a nearve...

This is a State issue here in california.

This is a story about Prop 8 ...

Heres just a short bit

In 2000, voters passed with 61% of the vote, ballot initiative Proposition 22, which changed the California Family Code to formally define marriage in California between a man and a woman. However, other laws have been passed by the legislature (since 1999) which recognize domestic partnerships and afford them some of the rights of marriage

A number of developments arose in the wake of Mayor Gavin Newsom's 2004 decision to perform same sex marriages in San Francisco. The 3,995 marriages were annulled by the California Supreme Court, but San Francisco began a legal challenge that was consolidated with other cases as In re Marriage Cases. On May 15, 2008 the California Supreme Court, by a vote of 4–3, ruled that the statute enacted by Proposition 22 and other statutes that limit marriage to a relationship between a man and a woman violated the equal protection clause of the California Constitution. It also held that individuals of the same sex have the right to marry under the California Constitution.\ The court subsequently refused to issue a stay of its order.

Heres the CA State Constituion ... and you thought IRS tax code was wordy...

As you should know, back in may, a couple of judges over turned the vote of the people.

Weather that matters to anyone is the question...

As California goes, the nation goes...

We are fiscaly bankrupt, and Moraly bankrupt too...
We have one month to go to the worst electition in recorded history.

Do people think it cannot get worse from here...

If you want this San Fransico ideogly to come to a town and state near you, just wait...
And you know who to vote for.

San Fransico is the most Far left City in the most Far-Left State in the union.
And the most far left senator in the US Senate is running...

So here it is.
we are coming out of 10 years of Bush-Clinton...

And you don't think it can get worse...

Its getting worse... you may like it now, but you have no idea how much worse its going to get.

We can only hope to soften the blow at this point...

We have a job ahead of us that needs the strength of steel and we are given a choice of balsawood and bamboo...

America 08 the Fiscal Bancrupcy
America 08 Soical degeneracy

And you think it can't get worse

---

The fact that you make any kind of corollary between a field trip to a heroin junkie and a field trip to a homosexual wedding screams of the kind of intolerance that is the real damage culprit in our society.

Funny you mention the heroin junkies...
Since San Fransico has been pushing for shooting stations for junkies for YEARS now...

[edit on 10/13/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PinealGlandThoth
i don't even see how there are enough heterosexual people to even have kids over in SanFran-Sicko.

Thank you I for one are entertained and challenged by your clearly thought out addition to the debate at hand.

Kudos really, Is one born with this level of ignorance or do you have to go to a special school or something?

Clearly your thesis is incorect and there are plenty of children.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

First Graders...
How how are they 6...7... years old... being indoctrinated with Homosexuality...

Taken out of school, to be surrounded by Homosexuality...
Just a normal school day for San Fransico kids...
Attendence, then Social indoctrination... a little lesbian wedding...

These poor kids... i cannot imagine the damage did to thier minds...

Teaching Addition, or teaching kids that a boy can marry a boy...

What do you want your kids to learn today in the first grade...

I'm sorry, what happened to freedoms? What happened to choice? Why can't the parents pull their children to honor their teacher's wedding? And what exactly is the problem with homosexuality? So what if they can't have their own biological offspring? They can adopt, they can donate eggs/sperm just like anybody else.

The heroes in this story are the parents who chose to bring the children to this event.

ThichHeaded:
Props to you. You said it best.

reply to post by greeneyedleo

What's wrong with it? If the parents made the decision, why is it a problem. Their teacher was obviously not at school, and from experience, substitute teachers don't really teach much anyway. And really, in first grade, how much learning could you possibly miss from one day of school? And what about learning more about real-life, and human interaction? I think this was a good thing, and it should happen more around the world.

Originally posted by FredT

Most field trips I have seen and participated in (At least in my area) the parents drive the kids and you have to pay for the ocst of the outing, not the school.

Same where I live. When my kids have field trips, the parents pay for it, whether it be direct or by fundraisers. We don't however, have to transport them, they still take the bus.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Kudos really, Is one born with this level of ignorance or do you have to go to a special school or something?

Yes, there is a special school just for this.

Although you don't pay tuition, you pay tithing

*Evil Grin*

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Sorry to make another post so soon after, but I can tell you where ignorance starts. Parents. Your parents decide your fate when they raise you. It's up to you as you mature to develop an open-mind, it's just that some are so brainwashed by their parents teachings that they can't get away from it.

I'm guilty of that. Until I had children, I was prejudice in so many ways, and believe me, my wife can attest to that. I was raised by my father, in a town where the population when I grew up was about 99% straight and white. After having kids of my own in a society where prejudice was unacceptable, I started to come around, and now teach my kids what is truly right.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Yes, there is a special school just for this.

Although you don't pay tuition, you pay tithing

*Evil Grin*

Amen

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Funny you mention the heroin junkies...
Since San Fransico has been pushing for shooting stations for junkies for YEARS now...

I didn't mention 'heroin junkies' another member did. In a similar context as you are I might add. Blatant bigotry.

What on earth is the connection you are trying to make with that statement???

I don't know if your posts are for real sometimes.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Here's a novel idea. And, no disrespect intended.

If you don't like where you live, move. That's the only advice I can give you since you seem to hate where you live and what goes on there.

Reality is what it is, whether anyone likes it or not. We have to share this planet with people who are different than us.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

As you should know, back in may, a couple of judges over turned the vote of the people.

I know you created a thread about this a week ago and refused to reply to people and ultimately abandoned it. You ignored my posts about it in that thread. If I reply in this one will you acknowledge it?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Good for them.

Is the conflict here a religious one? If so, will one of the Christians please explain to me how the teachings of Jesus are consistent with being judgmental toward anyone or teaching one's children to be judgmental?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The homophobia in this thread sickens me. I am truly disgusted. Moving on, marriage or not, kids shouldn't be taken out of school for a teacher's wedding.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

It's not.

They don't use Jesus's words.

The whole Bible is the inspired Word of God so everything in the Bible is good and would be accepted by Jesus according to this premise. So what they do is find some hateful Old Testament scripture that shares their disdain and intolerance for homosexuality and then they tell themselves Jesus approves this message.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join