It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Class surprises lesbian teacher on wedding day

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Corruption of the minds of the children. These kids are innocent and should have not been exposed to things they don't yet understand. It could have a lasting or lifetime effect on them.

[advert link removed]

www.abovetopsecret.com...
4) Advertising: You will not advertise or promote other ... websites on ATS within posts...

[edit on 2-4-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Some of the comments are flooring, and to say that the children are being "indoctrinated" by seeing a marriage that not all maybe agree with.

We are humans and there is no one model to be. Better the children are taught tolerance over hate any day in my books.

STOP HATING, you negative Nancys all need to be sent to a FEMA camp and sorted out.

Cause you where all indoctrinated by some religious wing nut sometime in the past 30 years, believe me i was one of them and have since OPENED MY EYES.

Nuf said

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesbondSuits
Corruption of the minds of the children. These kids are innocent and should have not been exposed to things they don't yet understand. It could have a lasting or lifetime effect on them.

[advert link removed]

www.abovetopsecret.com...
4) Advertising: You will not advertise or promote other ... websites on ATS within posts...

[edit on 2-4-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

Last time I checked individual parents got the right to "expose" their children to what they want to or to involve them in what they want to if it is not illegal. The parents arranged the trip and parents who didn't want their children going were not forced to allow them to attend.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I can see why Obama wants to extend the school year. How can you fit in all the extracurricular activities? And I thought he was just in a hurry to get 13-year-olds into the workforce. My bad.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I suppose it would depend on how it is organized. If it had been my child and a permission slip were sent home, no I would allow my 6 year old to attend. Simply because I feel that 6 years old is too young to start discussing such things. I also would not allow my child to attend a hetero wedding if it required taking her out of school, its just silly. There is no way to get around they brought the children specifically because it was a same sex marriage, which would then lead to the same sex discussion. In my world any talk of sex at age six is not appropriate.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

There is no way to get around they brought the children specifically because it was a same sex marriage, which would then lead to the same sex discussion.

Nope, WRONG. The parents themselves said they brought the children so they could experience their beloved teacher's big day. Maybe you should read the article before posting, just a thought.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

In my world any talk of sex at age six is not appropriate.

Could you please show where the article states that children were exposed to sex or sexual discussions? How does participating in a wedding equal being exposed to anything of a sexual nature?

[edit on 16-5-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Wow what a powerful discussion! If not for the internet a discussion like this in person could turn into a war zone.

What I have learned is that this website is AWESOME in that it brings such a HUGELY different demographic of humans together to have discussions. Even the people that just enter the discussion to throw out a long pass into the end zone deep seated in unarguable religious belief I like to think are at least CURIOUS of other peoples ideas and opinions and why they believe them.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I don't see the issue here. I've never been to a lesbian (or gay) wedding.. But a wedding can be a beautiful thing to attend. As long as the love is real, I doubt it changes whether they are gay or straight.

I highly doubt these kids minds were damaged. Infact, I would say they are advanced in a sense. They got see; first hand, what homosexuallity is.. Two people loving eachother, and not letting gender stop them.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I wish people would just mind their own business and let others do as they please. Consenting adults should be able to marry whoever they want, but I do wonder if people supporting this would change their mind if this was a polygamist wedding, instead of a lesbian wedding. Or maybe a wedding between brother and sister where does it end, what's ok and what's not, who decides? That's why we all need to just butt out and let people make their own choices.

In any case weddings are not the place for school children they should be learning, our education system is bad enough without kids taking time off for this, not to mention they obviously would never go to a straight wedding, so what is that teaching? Obviously not equality that's for sure.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by miraclerock]

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join