It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Class surprises lesbian teacher on wedding day

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

These children should not be exposed to homosexuality

First there is no research that shows that being “exposed” to homosexuality or heterosexuality has an adverse affect on children.

Secondly, what do you mean by “exposed”? I have gay friends, should any one who knows them who has children keep their children away from them and their partner until they are older? That is kind of a laughable thought. These children were exposed to two loving partners at a wedding due to their parents’ efforts to make sure they could be involved. I doubt they see anything more than that. So what if they did? So what if they stopped and thought, hey those are two women who love each other just like my straight parents do?

Why do you think that being exposed to gay couples is perverse when being exposed to straight couples is not? If that’s how you feel, or feel that your unfounded claims that these children will be wrongly influenced are true, then shelter your children from a harmless thing, I dare say like me and many of my friends they will learn about such things on their own and make up their own minds eventually. But don’t put down what these parents did because of your own ignorant ideals.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I wonder if I post this if my other post will appear???

Edit: worked!

[edit on 19-10-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
That's a really sweet thing.
I really think the(damn wish I new an Acronym for the gay's right now) should inspire us all to live our lives free of judgement from fellow mankind. It's great that people are being so receptive and kind, and people are popping out the closet at alarming rates.... In fact I was re-in acting a scene from macbeth... nevermind, my point was this is great for the overall happiness on the planet.
Hey let's remember to donte some change for the starving kids. I think a few thousand die every day. Sad

[edit on 19-10-2008 by Jb0311NY]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I am kind of surprised, that in the 21st century, that this has raised such a strong reaction in the US!

With all the drugs, guns and murders going on over there, having a few schoolkids attending two people getting married - homosexual or not - is the least of your concerns.

I would much rather my children attend a homosexual wedding than play Saints Row 2 for the PlayStation 3 where they can learn how to become armed drug dealers.

Get some perspective, America!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I wouldn't have taken to city hall THAT young, but I also was born and raised in California and was exposed to open lesbian and gay people since day one. It never "indoctrinated" me to be anyone other than a more understanding, tolerant and experienced person. When I got married (hetero) to my wife, what people did across the street or on the moon could not have stopped us.

If a person thinks that how other people live can "destroy the institution of marriage" doesn't know much about the strength of love.... or is a fearful conservative in ATS clothing.

Relax... live and let live.

Paul Perner

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by TKainZero

I think you should have read the whole article. It was a charter school not a public school supported by our tax dollars.

And parents were notified of the marriage field trip and some parents opted out and didn't want their kids to attend.

Charter schools receive tax dollars, both state and federal;
The article said that parents CAN opt out of certain things, it didn't say that any did.

This is but one reason that Islam hates American and Western culture.

Another good reason that Calif. should fall into the ocean as soon as possible.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
When I was in Chicago Public schools we had a teacher take us to a Greek Orthodox church to help us learn about the religion of many of our class members.

He also had assigned us the task of singing a number of songs which had religious overtones. We as 8th grade kids didn't mind since most, if not all of us were Christian / Catholic however the PTA got bent out of shape.

As I look back on that incident many years later I am able to see the big difference between letting 8th grade kids learn about religion and letting 1st grade kids learn about homosexuality.

I think it is wrong for student's of any age being asked to attend the wedding of a teacher, regardless of the orientation but I think it is really wrong to ask them to attend such an event.

Let me say this to the PTA nearly 30 years later, this is what happens when you take religion out of schools. Are you happy with the monster you created?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by zappafan1

Charter schools receive tax dollars, both state and federal;
The article said that parents CAN opt out of certain things, it didn't say that any did.

First we get Bob Dylan opposing this, and now its Frank Zappa

Actually, the article says that two families did opt out of the wedding fieldtrip and their children spent the ninety minutes that the class was away in with another first grade classroom.

Regardless of what "Islam" (which part would that be, by the way? Because Islam is a pretty big umbrella) feels about Western society, the teacher had the legal right to get married, the parents proposed a surprise field trip to celebrate, and the kids had fun.

Some parts of "Islam" also disapprove of my right to leave my house in shorts and a t-shirt, but I hope you don't mean to say we should outlaw that?

Is it the fieldtrip you object to, or gay marriage? Or homosexuality itself?

Whatever. I suggest you go listen to some more Zappa.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by zappafan1

Wait, what?

Islam hates Western culture because charter schools receive tax dollars?

Or because lesbians can marry?

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I am shocked...listening to you people talk about social indoctrination...we all have and were trucked off to a place when we were children to observe and be aprt of something. Why should a lesbian wedding be so different? I would have hoped upon opening this message that we all would have been open minded enough to see a good thing happen. How the students probably wanted to be apart of their teachers wedding. This was a good opportunity for a child to learn how to be apart of something on a social level. Not to be indoctrinated into a homosexual thing. I am shocked and dismayed at many of the responses. And you want to have people love and appreciate you ? How and why would I want to do that when you can't offer the same courtesy to another human being or beings. My Gosh they love each other let them live. Oh yes by the way I am sure that the parents of the children had to have a note indicating that it was ok to be apart of a field trip . Use your heads.
SO often I see such narrowed mindedness ona site that is screaming for open mindedness.
Text Red

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by slipkid

Let me say this to the PTA nearly 30 years later, this is what happens when you take religion out of schools. Are you happy with the monster you created?
happy?? I'm delighted!

I love to see people getting along,dropping the prejudices of days gone by,leaving moronic views flapping in the wind.

It is a triumph for humanity. The children will lead the way,unless their parents prejudices stop them in their tracks.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
You know you people need to hang around some young kids to get to know how they are like..

They do not see someone as being black, gay, stupid, whatever. They see people as people not some damn label older people put the said person in..

Honestly if we were more like this a lot of stupid crap that we see on this planet would cease to exist..

So really this news is no news in light of the development of what i have said... Don't like it go yell at some 6 yr old and I am sure they will tell u how they really don't care.

[edit on 10/13/2008 by ThichHeaded]

i was going to write the same sort of thing, those kids were there to support there teacher, and im sure they arent 'damaged' in anyway.
hopefully these kids will grow up to be more tolerant of other poeples beliefs, preferences, unlike past generations including this one

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

This just proves you didn't even bother to read the article. If you had, you would know that the field trip was organized by a parent as a SURPRISE for the teacher who was getting married. She didn't even know that her class would be there. The kids were also very happy to help and see their teacher happy with her new partner.

Thus, your entire post is rendered useless.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

These poor kids... i cannot imagine the damage did to thier minds...

So? I don't see a concern. Sounds cute and sweet. Permision slips were probably required.

I see no damage to a young child's mind by attending a wedding, gay or hetero. It is a celebration of love and two people and two families and two groups of friends coming together in a joyful event.

Kids minds are damaged when daddy has a couple beers and yells about the "gosh darn queers".

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isispriest

Originally posted by TKainZero

These poor kids... i cannot imagine the damage did to thier minds...

So? I don't see a concern. Sounds cute and sweet. Permision slips were probably required.

I see no damage to a young child's mind by attending a wedding, gay or hetero. It is a celebration of love and two people and two families and two groups of friends coming together in a joyful event.

Kids minds are damaged when daddy has a couple beers and yells about the "gosh darn queers".

to right, at least it shows them that no matter a persons preferances they are still a person

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Children should not be indoctrinated with the prejudices of us adults.
I hope they had a great day.

Back to the point.
the blind hatred and rhetoric that people show to that of which they do not understand is stupid and frightening.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by slipkid

I think it is wrong for student's of any age being asked to attend the wedding of a teacher, regardless of the orientation but I think it is really wrong to ask them to attend such an event.

I just gotta ask, why is it wrong for a kid to attend such an event...that makes as little sense as anything I've read on this thread. Exposure to a joining of two people in a, hopefully, lifelong bond of love. Regardless of orientation, that's something to be celebrated. Why not witness it...given the state of the world and what they're witness to otherwise in life, this is a chance to learn that, yes there is love out there.

That quote above makes no sense to me in the least.

Seriously, take a look at Fred's picture, waaaay back on page two or three, those people, the brides...the witnesses...all of them...are happy, since when is that a bad thing? More people should witness such things, it might be good for them.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 10/22/2008 by seagull]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
So, it's ok that our tax dollars go toward a public school system that says it's ok to expose our children to gay marraige, but it's not ok for the public school system to expose our children to Christianity? If I were to take a class on a "field trip" to a March for Jesus, boy oh boy.....can you imagine the uproar with that? If exposing our children to gay marriage is a good thing because it's "reality", then prayer needs to be brought back in schools to expose those same and other children to the reality that millions believe in God. If the parents of students don't want their children being exposed to God and the realities of beliefs, then they can do the same thing that the parents of the children did when they kept their kids at school....they can turn away and tell their children not to pray. It works both ways people.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join