It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Class surprises lesbian teacher on wedding day

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Double post. see below.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Either way IT DOESN'T help the bridges between males and females!

That's my answer about why I don't think young girls should think it's 'cool' to be lesbian.

I'm 51. Nearly 52. (I still consider myself young, though.)

So, you remember when things were more family oriented. Biological fathers and mothers who tried to raise their children right.
Now, we have american idol
, christina aguillera , britanny spears, "my mom was my dad" sex change shows. Many cartoons our children have gender-bend to the point that most kids HATE them. fairly odd parents, and others.....

But I have seen the sexual revolution, and have not thought there is a problem with it. What "effects" are you referring to?

see above.

Here ya go:
www.libertythink.com...

Well, it's fine that you believe that. It's not in my belief system. In mine, we humans should be doing something about this.

I agree! That article and others have made me heartsick over the past two days, so instead of derailing this thread, I'm going to make another one about it!
I couldn't even sleep last night thinking about it! But, as a mother of a child who was partially molested. (the person that did it (a teenager), couldn't do all he wanted, thank God!)
I know that sometimes you can't PROVE it, as in my case, so, I let it go after MUCH angst at not getting anywhere legally, because he was too young to testify and there was NO physical evidence KNOWING GOD will repay.
Thank the Lord that my son got over it!
All these children with no one to help, it makes me heartbroken!

But the point was that Bush Senior IS involved in child predation and abuse.

And Bohemian Grove is a tip on a very large and ugly iceberg.

Please join me on the other thread I'll make this afternoon, Lord willing.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
But homosexuality is natural.

I actually suspect it is a failure in the way the child was raised. Perhaps too much of one parent, either way, perhaps social problems at school, who knows.

I can't imagine that it is natural, because natural selection would simply remove it from the gene pool after enough generations. See Y-chromosomal Adam and mitochondrial Eve for an example of how, eventually and mathematically, genetic lines get dropped.

Actually, it seems to be, to one extent or another, a natural response to overcrowding. There are gulls that, when the population density reaches a certain point - become homosexual.

And other examples.

Some links:

www.bidstrup.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.pinktink3.250x.com...

www.time.com...

www.amysbettersextutorial.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Just to put the picture issue to rest:

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

Emphasis mine

T & C

The picture in question was, I believe, sexually suggestive. It was not a simple embrace by two women.

I personally found it in good taste and not offensive at all, but I agree with the mod action to remove it based on the above.

The mods are very strict in this regard, for published reasons. I do not always agree with the degree of strictness applied in this area; I do, however, comply with and support it.

My apologies for the digression, back to the topic at hand...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

I usually just let the more absurd posts alone...but frankly, that was the most illogical, un-thought out post I have ever seen.

From my perspective, of course.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I have to wonder how many of the posters who condemn the gay lifestyle and civil unions between those of the same sex...are worried about the NWO, Martial Law and Troops patrolling our streets going house to house taking away our rights?

"I've got a gun, they won't take me alive!"
"The NWO is coming!!! RFID Chips! Homeland Security! FEMA Camps!!EEEEK!!!"
"Take the gays! They're immoral!

Do the Rights you fear losing equal the Rights you say gays and lesbians should not have?
Just curious. Because if you fear ANY kind of Martial Law in the United States and you still think that Gays and Lesbian shouldn't have equal rights, your not only a bigot, but, a hippocrite as well.

Cuhail

[edit on 10/15/2008 by Cuhail]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
I am having a real conversation, I think those parents were politically motivated, i think the badge is evidence enough of that, and to use 6 year olds in a media circus is low rent behaviour

The badge was worn by a young girl whose MOTHERS are interested in keeping their rights in order. Yes, she has two mothers.

And in that situation is not likely to be unaware of, or even lack an opinion of, efforts to separate her mothers from their right to be married.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
I have nothing against Homosexuality, but this is inappropriate. No teacher regardless of their sexual orientation should be taking their pupils on field trips to witness weddings or even worse to participate in a wedding.

It just really has no place in school to do so. this teacher should be fired or severely reprimanded. It was wrong to use the school kids as ring bearers or maids of honor or to toss rose pedals at any wedding period.

Really no kid should be used by their teachers like that.

also, it makes you wonder. did the teacher and her life partner/wife(?) have nobody else like family members to attend and participate in the wedding.

I've had a school teacher growing up get married while she was in the middle of a school year but they took a 2 week leave and we had a substitute teacher while they were off getting married. Not sure why the teacher thought her marriage was so important that the kids had to stop their education to witness it.

When the president comes to town it's OK to take them on a field trip to see him exit his motorcade and walk into a building or something. OK to take kids to cultural museums or exhibits. not OK to take them to a marriage of any sort. IMHO.

What is wrong with you? Kids are not being used by their teachers.....Really, what's happened to the world.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

Either way IT DOESN'T help the bridges between males and females!

That's my answer about why I don't think young girls should think it's 'cool' to be lesbian.

One's sexuality is not tied in with what is cool. The bridges between males and females have always existed. The IDEA of homosexuality does not make one homosexual, and in no way creates more "bridges."

That homosexuality is "mainstream" only allows those who find themselves to be homosexual to have no fear from it. They no longer must hide themselves, risk ridicule and even violence because of who they are, be ashamed, or loathe themselves.

They can hold their heads high.

I'm 51. Nearly 52. (I still consider myself young, though.)

So, you remember when things were more family oriented. Biological fathers and mothers who tried to raise their children right.

I remember a facade of Leave it to Beaver "normalcy," but I only saw that on TV. I did not see that around me. I saw blacks spat upon, I saw gays spat upon, I saw adultery, I saw gays hiding in the closet, I saw child abuse (and was a victim myself), I saw plastic masks on people in public that bore little resemblance to what they were away from public scrutiny.

And I saw people who loved. People who to whom the flesh was not a gauge of the love within. These were the people who started a move to take off plastic masks and live honestly, in love, with acceptance and tolerance. And I decided I liked the love better than the hypocrisy.

Now, we have american idol
, christina aguillera , britanny spears, "my mom was my dad" sex change shows. Many cartoons our children have gender-bend to the point that most kids HATE them. fairly odd parents, and others.....

While I agree with you that much of that has very little value from an entertainment standpoint, that we have it is more a reflection of the manipulating media of today, and not any threat to sexuality.

A child will grow up with his/her own sexuality, regardless of input. We can either allow that child to be happy with whatever they find themselves with, or we can add divisiveness to their world by condoning one and vilifying the other. It is identical as condoning or vilifying them based on their color.

But I have seen the sexual revolution, and have not thought there is a problem with it. What "effects" are you referring to?

see above.

I did. I still don't see the problem.

But the point was that Bush Senior IS involved in child predation and abuse.

And Bohemian Grove is a tip on a very large and ugly iceberg.

Please join me on the other thread I'll make this afternoon, Lord willing.

U2U me when it's up. I look at new and active threads to decide what to look into, and if I miss your thread title there, I won't know about it unless it goes up to active.

[edit on 10/15/2008 by Amaterasu]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by caballero

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I trust that you've noticed the fact that the vast majority of members are not supporting the OP? Including myself?

This is one of those rare moments on ATS that the vast majority of members are in accord.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
You are an idiot if you think that teaching children to respect people regardless of sexual orientation (something that is NOT a choice)! I live in Mississippi and people are more tolerant that you!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
I have to wonder how many of the posters who condemn the gay lifestyle and civil unions between those of the same sex...are worried about the NWO, Martial Law and Troops patrolling our streets going house to house taking away our rights?

"I've got a gun, they won't take me alive!"
"The NWO is coming!!! RFID Chips! Homeland Security! FEMA Camps!!EEEEK!!!"
"Take the gays! They're immoral!

Do the Rights you fear losing equal the Rights you say gays and lesbians should not have?
Just curious. Because if you fear ANY kind of Martial Law in the United States and you still think that Gays and Lesbian shouldn't have equal rights, your not only a bigot, but, a hippocrite as well.

It is also possible that the "Gays & Lesbians" are behind the current NWO/Martial Law. "They" have risen to power and in fact have always been in power and now are "coming out" in the open to rule the world. The Romans and Greeks were very hedonistic with gay and lesbian citizenry and rulers who both started and ended those empires. Nothing new under the sun.... The USA was probably founded by similar "founding fathers". I don't know about you but wearing frilly white shirts, powdered wigs, with white makeup, a frilly hanky in one hand, and a box of snuff in the other seems kind of "gay" to me... check out some paintings of Washington, Franklin, Jefferson, & the other powder wigged southern plantation owning slave masters who founded the USA. The nations of this world are probably all founded and ended by Alexander the Greats and Caesars.... nothing new here folks... move along. Now of course this post will immediately be condemned as homophobic, hateful, and bigoted. I'm just saying what gays & lesbians have always said.... they are here... always have been... and being "in the closet" is really just a sweet example of a PSYOP.

link   

1. It is still illegal in this country. I wouldn't approve of children watching someone shoot heroin on a field trip, so why would I support them watching this federally illegal action?

I don't see homosexuals getting arrested for being homosexuals...

2. I believe it is immoral. Notice I emphasized the 'I'. I do not support it nor condone it. Doesn't mean I'm opposed to the parents making this choice in this case. It just mean I, personally, would not allow my children to attend this in any way shape or form. Likewise, I have no intention of putting my kids in any school that tries to legitimize homosexual behavior. Again, if other parents desire that their kids learn this, their kids, their choice.

I know this is your opinion, but children have their own opinions too. If this is truly what you believe, then you have a lot of growing up to do my friend. You really are no different than a racist, racists have their own opinions of the races they dislike as well. Those kinds of "opinions" need to go.

nor di I accept that teaching them it is unnatural and amoral is abuse.

As far as this gay issue is concerned, instead of passing bills, laws, banning homosexual marriage, or other trivial things such as that. Why don't people use their time constructively??? Concentrate on things that matter, because I don't see why a guy doing another guy in his bunghole should matter to you. If this mythical christian God truly has a problem with homosexuals, let him deal with it.

Furthermore, you must also be ignorant to the fact children are impressionable and when exposed to something like this will think that it is perfectly fine and normal. But I’m sure you also think that being a homo is perfectly fine and normal. I suppose wife swapping is fine too, isn’t it?

What does wife-swapping have to do with this??? I do not see how they correlate. I know children are very impressionable, which is why they need to be kept away from your sort of stupidity, and ignorance. ike I said to another poster earlier, you really are no different than a racist.

The sad part is, this event will spawn a Hurricane on the Gulf coast.

LMAO

Could it be that they just want to be treated like everyone else and have the same rights and protections that straight married couples have?

I cannot believe that even in this day, and age people still have to fight for their rights.

Sad how our own schools are aiming to corrupt children these days. Very sad, the end times are here.

link   
This is kinda hard, but my time at ATS has made me look at myself and realize I have no right to judge how others live their lives. I grew up during the sexual revolution of the 70's (when sex couldn't kill you, lol) and I remember I was a lot more accepting of everyone back then, regardless of race, religion, age, sexual orientation or whatever; in fact some of the "out-of-step" people I met back then, I remember quite fondly. None of us have the right, not the govt. either, to tell anyone their way of life is wrong. Everyone is just trying to make it thru this life the best way they know how.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

I hate this crappulence!
It's sick.
It's backwards.
It's inexcusable.
It's so wrong in so many ways.
How can it NOT be a "choice"?
They should just try to change themselves.
These people have to be re-educated.

This is MY opinion....of Bigots.

NICE Cuhail!

I'm so shocked by some peoples intolerance that I don't even know what to say. It makes me sad that the sort of animosity and closed mindedness of people like Tkail and others exists.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Very nicely put Bombeni. I know we may not have seen eye to eye in the past, but that was a very humble and kind gesture. I apologize if I may have taken you a bit too much to task in the past, and I'm glad that hasn't soured you to ATS.

I offer you an E-Toast in friendship.

What's your tipple?

[edit on 15-10-2008 by round_eyed_dog]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus
Who cares, you cant walk though town these days without, homosexuality being blatently displayed.

Homosexuality is a Problem,It Just not Natural.

But lesbianism i dont mind............
*snip*

Mod Edit: Removed offensive photo.

[edit on 10/14/2008 by maria_stardust]

Who cares, you can't walk through town these days without, heterosexuality being blatantly displayed.

See how that works? Maybe it is not natural for YOU specifically. Maybe it is not the way for you to live your life. But what gives you the right to deny someone else their choices? Intolerance is what is causing the problem, not homosexuality.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
the other day my 7 yr old son saw someone and he said hmm I think that man is gay. I didnt know what he was thinking or that he even really knew what that might mean as he is so young.
so I asked him what gay meant. His answer was that "Gay is when two men get married and one wears a dress."

Well that was a better explanation than I expected from him so we left it at that, but I did ask him about two women and he said naaa they are just normal, women kiss and go to the bathroom together all the time

We have talked about when people love someone it is good, and sometimes people love other people who we wouldn't expect, but that it is their choice and that as long as people are good and do kind things and take care of their family and loved ones then it doesn't matter what their family looks like.

While we are a pretty traditional family with two parents and two dogs and a little blue house with a white picket fence and and SUV, and we push ethics as a strong foundation in our families life we also are anything but conservative in a lot of our beliefs and friends.

We dont judge people by what they wear or what they look like, or who they love or what they drive or any of those superficial issues, What is important is they kind of person they are.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by round_eyed_dog

No apology needed, I had it coming.

Turns out, you can teach an old dog a new trick after all.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Bombeni]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Well...

1) The kids didn't go for a political reason. The kids went because it was their teacher's wedding. Judging by the photos, they liked their teacher. Simple as that.

hardly, I dont think it is standard school behaviour to transport 6 year olds to waving- and if it was not "political", what in the hell was that badge on the 6 year old about

2) If it was a political movement it was from the parents and not this gay couple. It was a the parents idea. Right?

So let's say the parents wanted their kids to goto this wedding for many reasons. Let's say one of those reasons was to make a political statement. I say GREAT! One needs to be made! I see nothing wrong with that! For crying out loud gay marriage itself is constantly on the threat of being made 'illegal', even after it's made legal!

ahh right, so it was political
parents using kids for a political statement is as bad as some teacher

? are you confused? Did you not read what was stated? This is just like people to "read" what they want to "hear" and then go off on some tangent.

How about something to really complain about in regards to children? Politicians use their children all the time. They even use other people's children. I see pictures of politicians smiling and holding a child, or patting their head, many times it is not even their own child. Goodness people.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join