It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Class surprises lesbian teacher on wedding day

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacebot
They should keep their hands OFF our children.

I didn't see anyone throwing a hissy fit back when the biological parents DUMPED "YOUR" CHILDREN.

The true joke in society are parents who don't know how to raise their children without invoking their bible thumping fear mongering.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
But homosexuality is natural.

I actually suspect it is a failure in the way the child was raised. Perhaps too much of one parent, either way, perhaps social problems at school, who knows.

I can't imagine that it is natural, because natural selection would simply remove it from the gene pool after enough generations. See Y-chromosomal Adam and mitochondrial Eve for an example of how, eventually and mathematically, genetic lines get dropped.

Do you know how many families have had failed relationships, single parents, children raised by their older siblings or by some random family member in the case of bad parenting How many bad family situations are out there? To say that its solely based of the up-bringing of a child is obnxious. And social problems at school: Bad teeth, frizzy hair, too short, too tall, to fat, anorexic, braces, stutter, losing sight in one eye, etc, the list goes on. And more than most who have went through those ordeals have turned out fine because I can assure you that more than eighty percent of the population has had AT LEAST one of social problems occur to them, and yet homosexuality is still the majority among all human kind.

It has not changed. The statistics have risen in both sides because the POPULATION has increased. With one comes another, the population and the amount of hetero and homosexuals correlate well together.

To say one can be brought up to be gay, convinced that they like one or the other, or psychologically confused about their gender identity isn't the smartest belief to hang on to. Just because you believe it isn't natural -doesn't mean that its so. [Though I don't have hard bullet-proof evidence, the logic in it, itself should be enough.]

Another piece of information that you are hopefully aware of is that Homosexuals have made an appearance in every century. The bible, the Romans when they performed their poetry/stories on stage, Catholic preists used to be with men because they were not allowed to be with women and then it wasn't such a crime. People didn't object back in Ancient Greece when their was no real reason to object - their wasn't a crime.

Then we evolved and became socially dependent upon the thoughts of others, letting religion govern our common sense and lose touch with reality, giving the true same-sex attracted human beings, the short end of the stick.

Genetics only go so far along with that - you can't completely denote or destroy one set of genetic make-up. It may skip a generation or so, but there is always a chance that the one gene that makes up for the lack of the gay one will show up again - as it often skips a generation or more depending.

Google it.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Well I DO see what the big deal is. I certainly DO see why a broad has a need to identify herself as a lesbo in front of first-graders. Don't anybody else?

Lesbians, gays and kids DO NOT MIX.

PERIOD!

Unless someone wants to make pedophilia a bit more "trendy" in this society. Will we sink to new lows?

I'm sorry, are you seriously implying that women who want to marry women are interested in molesting children? Did I understand you?

And why do you assume that the children learned anything specific about what goes on between two adults in bed? We are talking about six year olds. At a wedding. Not a peep show.

And I assume that you didn't read the article someone else posted about two replies up, summarizing the research on how well the children of homosexual couples do mentally and emotionally.

Honestly, a marriage is about a lot of things. Sex is one of them. But so are love, honor, respect, devotion. I don't care if a six-year-old is seeing a man and a woman marry, or two men, or two women – it would be inappropriate to discuss the sexual practices of any permutation of couple in front of them.

But what is really just so upsetting is the persistence of the total lie that homosexuality is in any way connected with pedophilia. In fact, most men who sexually abuse children and are also able to have adult relationships have their adult relationships with women.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I for one am ashamed at the response to this event here on ATS.

I have seen just about enough retarted anti-gay comments to make me think differently about a lot of the members here.

So much for "Deny Ignorance".

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

I am FOR Gay Marriage...If a gay man wants to marry a gay woman, government should not stop them.....but government should not allow them to marry a person of the same sex....that is a special right.

Yes, giving every adult on this green earth the right to have civil liberties given to them that are only given to married couples, no matter which gender the loved one is they choose to marry, is quite a special right, for everyone involved. You know if the government did not involve itself in marriage and only gave certain rights to married, straight couples this would not be an issue what so ever.

Gay people are no different than straights, they even raise families now (not that a few brave couples did not do that in our recent history before the gay rights movement took off). Why the hell do you expect them to be forced to live differently and with out the rights you and your spouse would have simply because of your own belief system? Why should you or anyone else have a say in allowing a gay person to visit their partner in the hospital, etc?

[edit on 14-10-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Well I DO see what the big deal is. I certainly DO see why a broad has a need to identify herself as a lesbo in front of first-graders. Don't anybody else?

Lesbians, gays and kids DO NOT MIX.

PERIOD!

Unless someone wants to make pedophilia a bit more "trendy" in this society. Will we sink to new lows?

Same sex parents is a f* joke and you can ask those unfortunate kids a few decades later. Children are not sexual items or prizes to be won, they are not there for "cosmetically" enhance a same sex "marriage" too to show how "politically correct" it might be.
They should keep their hands OFF our children.

I am done with this thread.
See ya!

[edit on 14-10-2008 by spacebot]

[edit on 14-10-2008 by spacebot]

You are ridiculous. Our children? Do you know how many adopted kids were given a family because a couple decided to spend their time and effort devoted to their adopted daughter or son because they couldn't have one? I DO NOT see the problem with that. Giving their attention to their children is more than I can say for some heterosexual couples.

A homosexual relationship with a kid, has more of a chance at being productive than does one with a heterosexual in some cases. For one: The kid is going to mean more, considering they had to really think about raising one, go through the hard proccessing being accepted to have one, and getting over the social issues they may have to face. Which means in the end, all they will have is themselves - they can't depend off of anybody else in this non-accepting, hate filled world - the family would then have an almost automatic close in the ideal family. [but then again how often does that occur?

Peace.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I'm sorry, folks. I've got to include this in the conversation... but don't worry, I'll make a salient comment as well!
I wish I were a Lesbian

I think it's important to note that people who rail against alternate sexualities tend to suffer from fear, ignorance, and veiled motivations that they themselves may not be aware of.

It's tied closely to the idea of "OTHER" In the human mind, the strange and unfamiliar. We as a species tend to have some measure of xenophobia in every one of us.

I think perhaps our EX-tian brethren need to put away their fear and think about how they can make the lives of all people better.

You reap what you sow, as the saying goes... and if you reap fear, hatred, bigotry and favoritism... you'll get same in kind.

I know y'all probably are angry or feel unsure about your place in the world, and that it is important to believe God said this stuff was bad... but if you're a real Christian, you have to turn the other cheek. Try love on for change. Don't judge your fellow human beings.

Nobody deserves misery, nobody deserves suffering and pain. We are all looking to be loved and considered well by those around us... and it is no one's place to determine how that happens.

You, my friends, can choose who you are. Are you someone who spreads hurt to those you feel God shuns? Or, despite your holy convictions, are you someone who gives love even to those you feel aren't deserving?

Bite your tongue. Say something nice. Enjoy the moments with your own loved ones, and ask yourself how you would feel if someone took that all away from you... if someone made you feel worthless even for a day.

Maybe wrong, maybe right... but we decide who we are to ourselves and to others. If you feel the world is falling down and satan is at your doorstep, instead of anger choose love instead.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This is wrong for a simple reason: How often does a teacher take a child to a regular man/woman wedding? Never? I've certainly never heard of it. So this takes on the same overtones as homosexuality itself... it points to itself and says "I'm special and different!" If she wanted to really prove it was "ok" or acceptable or normal, she would have NOT done this.

I've had gay friends in the past. I lived with two lesbians for several years. I don't have an issue with that. I may not agree with it, but to each their own. What I DO have an issue with, are those who make it their duty to wave the flag of homosexuality in your face. OMG I AM GAY!! LOOKIT ME! I.. don't.. care. I had two guys in my office a couple years back that were gay. One, was quite normal. He talked football pools, about hiking, about work, and you'd never tell him from anyone else. As it should be. HomeSEXUALITY. It's about a sexual choice. And that stuff should stay private, thanks. The other guy was almost a queen, making gay jokes and playfull comments about other guys, and it drove me nuts. I told him as much, as well. Why, if it's wrong for a guy to make a comment about a girl in a sexual manner in a workplace, do you think it's ok for you because you are gay? It's not.

Don't wave your sexual preference in my face. I don't care, seriously.

Now, there is teaching about EQUAL RIGHTS. But that's what it should be. About equal rights. This was not that. This was a woman going out of her way to wave her flag of homosexuality in the faces of a bunch of schoolchildren! That doesn't teach them about equality. This teacher failed when it comes to getting their priorities straight.

I served in San Francisco for a few years when in the Army. I had several civilians in our office who were gay. We had both types. I got along great with those who just lived normal lives. The others drove me nuts.

Taking children to a gay wedding does nothing to promote ones agenda, if its to further gay laws. NOTHING. This was a waste of time and imo, irresponsible. Teaching tolerance? No... more about having an agenda.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
This is wrong for a simple reason: How often does a teacher take a child to a regular man/woman wedding? Never? I've certainly never heard of it. So this takes on the same overtones as homosexuality itself... it points to itself and says "I'm special and different!" If she wanted to really prove it was "ok" or acceptable or normal, she would have NOT done this.

Now, there is teaching about EQUAL RIGHTS. But that's what it should be. About equal rights. This was not that. This was a woman going out of her way to wave her flag of homosexuality in the faces of a bunch of schoolchildren! That doesn't teach them about equality. This teacher failed when it comes to getting their priorities straight.

Taking children to a gay wedding does nothing to promote ones agenda, if its to further gay laws. NOTHING. This was a waste of time and imo, irresponsible. Teaching tolerance? No... more about having an agenda.

For the umpteenth time, for the people that did not bother to read the article or the people that decided to ignore the facts in the article, the teacher DID NOT drag her students to the ceremony.

THE PARENTS OF THE STUDENTS arranged this, gave their permission, and some even went with the kids to the ceremony.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Didn't you read the title?

Class surprises lesbian teacher on wedding day

This was organized by a parent, the teacher didn't know at the time.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Because they are having to fight in the court system to have their marriages recognized, this is about civil rights.

Had this been the 1960s and the class trip was to see a former student be one of the first blacks to enter some university, that would be about equal rights, even though you wouldn't go out of your way to have the same class watch a white person enter college.

Personally, I don't know if classes have been to heterosexual teachers' weddings. I've never heard of any, but that's not evidence. It wouldn't make the news, because heterosexuals don't have to fight court cases for the right to marry.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I had two guys in my office a couple years back that were gay. One, was quite normal. He talked football pools, about hiking, about work, and you'd never tell him from anyone else. As it should be.

That's the way it should be??

Everyone should fit into your image of what it is to be normal? That stereotypical box you just illustrated? That's the way it should be? That is such a lovely dystopia.

Hey, I believe it's because of mentalities like that! that some people wave "Hey look at me, I am different!!".

Not that this is the case with this wedding. As has been pointed out to you this was organized by the parents of the children. You should read the article.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
When i was in preschool we had our teacher get married. So all of our class sang some song, cant quite remember. But we all had fun, and we got free cake and cordial

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

This ones for you buddy.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I think the most important thing in most people's lives is to know that they're truly loved by someone. I can't personally say that about myself right now.

Personally, I think it's great that these kids got to witness love in whatever form it came. Hopefully they won't have the prejudices that so many of us older folks have.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I fail to see how "I'm special and different!" is a bad thing. l'd take issue with it if it entitled gays to something beyond what everyone is entitled to but that is not the case.

I mean look at our (US) society in general. We crave 'special' and 'different' idols. Sports stars, athletes, even elite trash with only their wealth for fame. We crave 'different'.

So why should it different with with the gay community? I simply don't get it.

Family values....sanctity of marriage, unholy....please.

We'd all be a lot better off if we simply stuck to worrying about ourselves.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Animal]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
How is it that a sexual perversion, practiced and factionalized by an insignificant minority group has become endorsed by government, popularized by mainstream media, and now allowed to be indoctrinated at primary schools?
I find it unsettling how homosexual couples are artificially acquiring children by way of adoption and surrogacy to instill a perverted morality of gay family and gay love into at best half of someone else’s child, but now a child of infantile mentality, born naturally into a true patriarchal family where true equality and natural harmony between feminine and masculine roles is instilled, now such a child will come home from school and ask why he or she doesn’t have two momys or two dadys! And thus a potentially honest and productive mind is perverted to a foreign cause
This is small case, in a global attempt to emasculate the men and masculate the woman within the western world producing an inept, dependent, consumer society easy to control, unable to produce independent thought or leadership, in such a world where heterosexuality is discouraged, where artificial birth is the accepted way, natural births are aborted, if you wanted children you would have to ask for government approval, thus a child is owned and property of government, far fetched maybe but already a reality

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus
Who cares, you cant walk though town these days without, homosexuality being blatently displayed.

Homosexuality is a Problem,It Just not Natural.

But lesbianism i dont mind............
*snip*

Mod Edit: Removed offensive photo.

[edit on 10/14/2008 by maria_stardust]

I'm totally staggered that your photo was removed as it was considered to be offencive !!!!?????

What could possibly be offencive about 2 people in an embrace?

If this thread has done anything it has now highlighted a very narrow minded attitude of someone with a little authority, and we all know where that can lead mine furher.

For those who did not see the picture it was of 2 (attractive I may add) clothed women in an embrace.

It comes to something when this site of all sites, moderates with such immaturity and says a great deal of the mindset of the individual moderator.

So to extend this mentallity a little further, would it be fair to assume that those who are gay or lesbian and in all probabilty regularly share an embrace with a partner are considered offencive in the eyes of the moderator.

It would be interesting to find out whether a photo of my mum and dad romeo and juliet or even two chimps sharing an embrace, would be deemed equally offencive and be removed.

It's long past time when people should think deeply about their predjudices and why they have come to the conclusions they have.

Personally I am deeply offended by the action of this moderator, in that he or she has knowingly or otherwise, helped to continue the persecution of a minority.

Monkeybus is complaining about the display of homosexuality so one can conclude he finds it offencive.The mods have sided with him and removed a photo portraying a form homosexuallity that paradoxically monkeybus does not find offencive but (one would asssume) visually gratifying.

Are we now to conclude that the mods consider an embrace between two (clothed) human beings, a portrayal of a sexual act ?

Or are we to conclude that the moderator is a bigot and has a very confused idea of loving relationships and would censor anything, that does not fit in to his or her moral mindset.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

I personally didn't take offense to this photo at all.

BUT, I was not at all surprised it was taken off.

It was expected. It reflects the ATS policy.

The women were in their underwear and it was, at least to some, sexually suggestive.

Again I didn't take offense to it, or feel it was inappropriate myself, but I have seen similar things moderated. I don't think it had anything to do with the fact it was two women.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I have been giving stars all over the place! It is fun to have a fresh wind of air going threw this thread. I really like they way how some of our forum members are forming there opinion!

''on topic''
Not granting a person to love at there fullest is denying yourself to love at all.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join