It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Duhpocalypse Now"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Too adorable to be deemed duh-pocalyptic, but hysterical nonetheless...just be sure you set her straight, otherwise this may happen:

My youngest sister was horrified to learn that beef=cow at the age of 9. However, she did not became enlightened regarding bacon=pork=pig until the age of 24 (college-educated woman, mind you).

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I had a double post. That must be God telling me I am not as smart as I think I is.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

No worries, Grumble....someone offered me a "Stupid" sign in an earlier post, so I'm right there with ya.

I must say, BTS is a nice, fun change of pace from ATS. And, BTS has FAR better smileys. I think I'll stay awhile!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I remember a friend of mine telling me about a phone call that she made to a relative of hers (Her brother) in California.

Brother: "So how's it going in Wisconsin?"

Her: "Oh pretty good here."

Brother: "How are the winters?"

Her (Straight faced) : "Oh other than the slowdown in traffic from the Caribou herds trotting through downtown Madison not too bad. The wolf packs keep them down though but we gotta keep the kids indoors because of them."

He believed her.

:shk:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
is this like in the filth element when they destroy that thing and it gets stronger?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Haha...

Have you tried fooling her with that "Chicken of the Sea" line?

no but she would fall for it, she's dumber than a bag of hammers! hahahahaha

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
I am half expecting the future to look something like the movie "Idiocracy."

But I drive around all day as I work, so I know that natural selection is just not working.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Grumble]

So true but I think we live in an Idiocracy now! Driving makes me wonder how come there are still so many stupid people too! Is luck directly proportionate to IQ?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
If you ever get a chance to observe someone using a self service machine at a checkout, that ends in stupidity about 30% of the time.

Checkout: "Please put the item in the bagging area"

Person's apparent thoughts: "What? I didn't think I swiped it yet!. I'll swipe it again. No, I don't have two of those. Cancel it! No, not both of them! Why hasn't it come off the list?"

Checkout: "Please Wait for assistance"

Then again, turns out the things are running XP, so maybe it's the machines fault as well.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a few years ago i was hanging out at a friends house. we were all watching television and not really doing our usual joking around and acting foolish thing. there was this girl over that wasn't part of our group and wasn't very bright. she was sweet but, so help me, she wasn't blessed with much sense.

the ceiling fan was running on high and was sort of shaking and rocking rather quickly, as they tend to do. it began to squeak and she said, "oh my god, look at that!"

and we all looked up and saw it and then my friend screamed, "OH MY GOD IT'S GOING TO BLOW!!! RUUUUUUUUUUN!" and he and i jumped up and dove behind the couch.

in a panic, this girl bolted across the room and dove behind the bar area. we gave it a few minutes and went over to her and she was sobbing hysterically because she thought she was going to die. it took us the better part of an hour to calm her down.

as far as a duh moment i've personally had...hmmm

oh ok, my mother and my friend share the same birthday. about 10 years ago they were both talking about their upcoming birthday being a friday, the 13th. i was pouring a glass of tea and i turned and said, "gee my birthday has never fallen on a friday the 13th."

then i realized that's because my birthday isn't on the 13th

i'm glad there were only 2 witnesses to that shining moment

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
One very early morning.....long ago....

The wife and I were leaving a campground in advance of a thunderstorm. Out on the plains, an approaching thunder boomer can be intimidating.

It was still quite dark and I realized my headlights were shining directly onto other camper's tents and trailers....so I flipped the switch to off.....

My wife gasped....."The power's gone out!".....

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

ooooooo, I'm smothering with giggles right now...funniest thing I've read in a long time.

I think yours is the winner thus far, sir, in the "adorably goofy" category.
You have nothing to fear...."the wife" is not a harbinger of the duh-pocalypse.

So cute, in fact, that she & you deserve a "PBJ time" dancin' nanner...here ya go

top topics

<< 1   >>

join