It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I saw a stealth bomber

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
have to go with some of you here ...
stealth planes do not have contrails we can see with our naked eye.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I was afraid of this. With the recent successful flight of the x43a at Mach 7, the introduction of other strange shaped unmanned drones coming out. The military will be able to explain most aerial phenomena away as a test of one of their new experimental planes.

Mach 7 means they will be able to explain why a craft shot off so quickly etc. The wedged shaped craft many saw fly over Phoenix will be explained away once again.

Have to admit, a good tactic to keep the very odd aerial encounters under lock and key.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I had to look at thing thing threw a telescope to get a better view of it. So it was semi hi up.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I once saw a B-2 fly over my soccer game last year. the stupid refs didn't stop the game, although that didn't stop me from watching. it seemed to be circling or something, we saw it a couple of times through the clouds. Since i am obsessed with the Air Force, that was one of the coolest moments of my life.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
nice whish i got a site of a stealth bomber
whats a black manta btw

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   

"Contractor:
Some people believe that it is the Skunk Works, but most believe that it is Northrop, since Northrop has great experience with flying wings and stealth

Mission:
Reconnaissance

Length:
About 30 feet

Width:
About 60 feet

Height:
About 10 feet

Engines:
GE F-404

Range:
About 3100 miles

Operating Height:
Can operate at high and low altitudes

Armament:
Possibly carries 1 Paveway II LGB in an internal bay."
Website-www.area51zone.com...

"Little is known about the Black Manta, and there have been fewer sightings than of it than the Aurora. There is also dispute as to what the contractor is, although everyone knows that it is Northrop (If the Black Manta actually exists).

The TR-3A Black Manta was designed for stealth. It is a flying wing, and a cross between the F-117A and B-2. Observers say that it has rounded tips, but there are also reports of a craft with more sawteeth across the trailing edge, called the "Artichoke". The TR-3A is said to be much quieter than the stealth fighter F-117A. It is supposed to be a follow-up on the F-117A. Although some people say that it could be used in the Gulf War, in operation "Team Stealth", that would mean that the F-117A and the TR-3A were developed at roughly the same time (+/-10 years), and that would be almost impossible. The TR-3A is much more advanced than the F-117A, and it takes many years to produce such a big improvement. Still, the TR-3A is reported to be flying with KC-135 tankers, F-117s and T-38s, and is thought to have a capability to collect and transmit information back to F-117s, which was supposedly it's role in the Gulf War.

Although I believe that the Aurora is a myth (there might be an aircraft just slightly faster than a SR-71), because the government is in the process of researching Mach 3.5+ flight as we speak, I think that the Black Manta exists. It is really not that hard to produce a really stealthy aircraft, much harder than producing an aircraft that goes Mach 6-20."

www.area51zone.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

It was all copy and pasted, but i put it under quotes, and the website is- www.area51zone.com...

Shattered OUT...

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by ShatteredSkies]

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by ShatteredSkies]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
sounds very nice
flying wings have always caught my attention as very manovrable and stable is this true

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
sounds very nice
flying wings have always caught my attention as very manovrable and stable is this true

Sorry i cant verify that, but in my own opinion, having just one wing might cause unstable in SOME aerial conditions.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

Originally posted by devilwasp
sounds very nice

Sorry i cant verify that, but in my own opinion, having just one wing might cause unstable in SOME aerial conditions.

Shattered OUT...

The main advantage of a flying wing (as far as I know) is that it has superior lift. That is why it was used on the B-2 - to allow a huge payload. It might also have some stealth advantages, but I am not sure about that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join