It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS how do you make your money?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
MODS don't kick me.

We want to know the truth.

Do you store our info? Our ISP?

Please respond without banning me.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Whoa.. I really don't understand why this guy is getting so much damn flack.. he just asked a question ffs, this is DENYING IGNORANCE, .. everyone is curious, curiosity is GOOD, in fact it is AWESOME! I've often wondered how much my site was worth and don't really have a problem sharing with people, lot's of people have websites and don't even make anything off of it, this is the internet lest we forget; the people who own/run ATS are great people, I don't know them personally nor have I really spoken/chatted with them, although it's obvious that this is a treasure trove of information and resources both of people and education, sure there's lots of nuts (like myself) but that's what makes this place so much fun, after-all guys/gals/aliens?/computer bots this is a conspiracy website ahahaharharhar
Don't get so bent outta shape.. you can tell that the people getting angry would be the same people to punch you in the face for asking how much they make an hour or annually, it's just money... it matters what you do with it..

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

What possible use would anyone have with a list of IP addresses? I guess if one liked to look at strings of numbers separated by dots it would be groovy...

The "big boys" are tagging ALL of our IP addresses straight from the ISPs we all access the web through, they don't need any cooperation from websites.

We never have and never will sell ANY information. If you actually think about it, we don't have any information of value to sell, and that's by design. Nobody is interested in what "Defcon 6654" is reading or posting.

The reason the only thing we require for membership here is an active email address (most people use a "dummy" email address which is just fine) is so that we simply don't have any "information" on anyone.

The rest is academic... Don't divulge anything personal (that's against our TAC for a reason too) and you are about as anonymous as one can hope to be online.

Oh and we don't get a dime from the "Gear" store. 100% of the MINUTE (less than $25.00 a month) profit from that area goes to the people who keep it up and running for us. It is purely in the hope people will wear the stuff around and be seen in it.

So, how much do you make and what do you spend yours on?

Springer...

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Wow!!!! I can't believe you asked those questions. I would have thought you would have been seriously flamed by members. You were actually treated decently

Just a question why are you so concerned?

I am not flamed cause its just a question thats it, what is the problem?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Just cross correlate some factors like word search, section etc. That will target messages. And with e-mails, personalise the adverts, show the page with adverts to the individual, not just the page. dunno.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
As we all know Simon, is a master alchemist and makes money in his spare time turning lead into gold.

Springer and SkepticOverlord trade that gold on the open market for stocks and other commodities.

The entire 700 billion dollar bailout? Its really only to pay off the three amigos to keep the REAL secret stuff from going mainstream.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elfworkz
MODS don't kick me.

We want to know the truth.

Do you store our info? Our ISP?

Please respond without banning me.

Well now this is just plain stupid; do some research on your own instead of insinuating things or directing attention in a negative corner, any website that has a database stores information.
They don't need to store any info on their website, the tracking cookies are on your computer, there is a trace of everything... ISP's store your browsing habits, people don't monitor it, nor do the ISP's hire people to look at it, they are in some cases paid to transmit that information to certain intelligence agencies.. ATS is a website, sure there's lots of crazy stuff on this website, but most if it is just that, .. crazy
there are far more places on the internet to worry about, if you involve yourself in ANY community online it will have a trail and impact on the ads displayed on your computer and pick up on keywords and search patterns, If you're worried about being tracked or "listened" to, then you might as well crawl in a closet somewhere, rock back and forth and suck your thumb because secrets are becoming non-existent, even our government is having a craptacular time keeping their secrets.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

You must not have read his OP...

He called them out; he worded his thread in a way that demanded answers - answers that are none of his business, especially the money issue....marketing plans? Email the owners or a MOD...IP addresses, email the owners or a MOD...

You already pointed him to where this information can be found; it's not to hard to locate it, but rather than do the work himself, he decided to put it on the boards, which solicited (intentional or unintentional) members to give the information to him...

Deny Ignorance you say...lol

Try starting with the OP guy.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapter29

You must not have read his OP...

He called them out; he worded his thread in a way that demanded answers - answers that are none of his business, especially the money issue....marketing plans? Email the owners or a MOD...IP addresses, email the owners or a MOD...

You already pointed him to where this information can be found; it's not to hard to locate it, but rather than do the work himself, he decided to put it on the boards, which solicited (intentional or unintentional) members to give the information to him...

Deny Ignorance you say...lol

Try starting with the OP guy.

See above post.. lol

I read some of his subsequent posts and decided to refine my earlier post.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapter29

What the...

Man, you just supported the guy, now your kicking him when he is down?

Go here man...

Kind of funny how you just did the same thing huh? lol hahahahahaha

People are so funny, funny funny funny indeed... Why be so serious? be so serious, be so serious? ...

telling me to go take drugs? .. tisk tisk.. isn't there a rule against that?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I did not do the same thing...look at the times we both posted...a minute apart.

I was writing when you were, and since my crystal ball doesn't notify me when someone comes to their senses....

We are derailing...or fine, I am...

As for your drug comment...

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Pure Energy,

I'm asking a question thats it. The mods except for Springer answered.

Please be nice and answer the question................

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Your questions have been answered. What more do you want?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
ATS makes its money by controlling vast sections of the global narcotics trade, as well as extensive interests in arms trafficking..........

No wait, thats the CIA.... my bad

Damn three letter orgs...

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
ats makes money by kidnapping children. its okay they are the moderators.

[edit on 07/17/2008 by N. Tesla]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Terran Blue

Springer kick me out explain but my word has no meaning.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElfworkzI'm asking a question thats it. The mods except for Springer answered.

You do know that Springer is one of the owners of ATS, right? He, Skeptic Overlord, Simon, and perhaps Crakeur are the last word on what goes on around here.

The mods have nothing to do with ad policy, and are not paid for their services.

Here's the page on the management of The Above Network:

www.theabovenetwork.com...

Have you read these links and not found answers to your questions?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Yeah I asked him a question an he banned me. Have you?

Sheeple?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
You don't seem banned?

EDIT: to answer the question. Yes, before I started posting here regularly I read the Terms and Conditions, I read the news page, I read the about ATS pages, I read pretty much everything on the Above Network corporate site.

Call me paranoid, but I believe in researching the sites I use. I'm just trying to figure out what specifically you're looking for.

[edit on 10/13/08 by americandingbat]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join