It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Trinity Biblical?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

If the doors were open to gentile and Jew, why did God say that in the first place?

He should of just said.

" To thee I don't give no keys, but they are already open "

first off, the doors where not open until the keys were used.

and because you have to understand the "heavenly calling". the bible talks about people going to heaven and being kings and priests. but there will be righteous people on earth too, ever wonder what jesus ment when he said "the meek shall inherit the earth"?

if this heavenly calling is limited then who gets the call first? the jews had that privileged station before god as his chosen people. the keys to this heavenly calling were applied first to them. they could have theoretically filled all the spots, but the nation as a whole rejected jesus.

remember the parable of the marriage feast? jesus said that he invited but the seats were not filled up and those invited killed the messengers. same happened. the christians preached and the jews killed them for it (of which paul had a share). what happened in the parable next? the master invited all to join from the streets and anyone found. same happened, since the jews did not fill the spots, the invitation was given to the gentiles.

these are the 2 keys given to paul. not the interpreting of scripture and making of policy.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
Didnt Miriam just point out that the key was knowledge??? or did I miss something!
The Bible says belief comes from hearing the word. First, someone has to have the knowledge, to speak the word.
It all goes together, Jesus, the knowledge of Jesus, the preaching of Jesus and believing in Jesus.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

This is a response to my own post.
I have come to a realization that, to someone just looking at it, the meaning is rather obscure, or inexplicable.
I have recorded myself reading the post and put together a slide show to illustrate what I am covering.
Please watch, and I hope you (anyone who stumbles upon this) get a better understanding of my viewpoit on this topic.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Deaf Allen:

First I would like to say "Merry Christmas"

I believe that the Trinity is biblical. I am going to give a few Scriptures to show my reasoning.

First let me say that the doctrine of the Trinity is fundamental to Christianity. I believe that Christianity would cease to be Christianity without it. It is THAT which determines the nature of the religion of all true Christians as to inner belief and experience.

I believe the first bible truth is the bible constantly affirms that God is one in that he has no equal or companion and also in that he is not compounded. God's unity is a fundamental truth in the doctrine of the Trinity. The second bible fact is that there are divine attributes and titles given, not only to the Father but also to the Son and to the Holy Spirit. They are all alike represented to us as being God, equal in power God is one, yet in some sense he is three He is one as to essence, but three as to personality.

DWELLING IN BELIEVERS:
John 14:17: the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept HIM, because it neither sees HIM nor knows HIM. But you know HIM, for HE lives with you and will be IN you.

Romans 8:9: You, however, are controlled not by sinful nature but by the SPIRIT, if the SPIRIT of God LIVES IN you. And if anyone does not have the SPIRIT of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

WE CAN RECEIVE ANOINTING:
1 John 2:27: As for you, the anointing you received from HIM remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But HIS anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit - just as IT has taught you, remain in HIM.

Matthew 3:11: I baptize you with water for repentance, but after me will come one who is more powerful then I, whose sandals, I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the HOLY SPIRIT and with fire.

Romans 8:16: The Spirit HIMSELF testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

Luke 112:12: for the HOLY SPIRIT will teach you at that time what you should say.

WE CAN SIN AGAINST IT:
Matthew 12:31 And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the SPIRIT will not be forgiven.

Ephesians 4:30: And do not grieve the HOLY SPIRIT of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption

Hebrews 10:29: How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the SPIRIT of grace.

WITHDRAWAL OF THE SPIRIT:
Psalms 51:11: Do not cast me from you presence or take your HOLY SPIRIT from me.[/i

CHRIST BAPTIZED WITH:
Isaiah 11:12: The SPIRIT of the Lord will rest on him - the SPIRIT of wisdom and of understanding, the SPIRIT of counsel and of power, the SPIRIT of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord

Matthew 3:16: As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the SPIRIT of God descending like a dove and lighting on him

There seems to be plenty of Scripture that talks about the Holy Spirit, but as a believer, I know HE exists because HE is in me.

Peace to you,
Grandma

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join