It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama : "It's not that I want to punish your success. I just want to make sure that everybody that

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

THANK YOU! As said, Obama will close the loopholes that Bush put in place. Like if you use SLAVE LABOR in other countries we'll give you billions in tax breaks.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

Still waiting for your location so I can find you jobs.

What city are you in?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Constitutional Scholar

As a small business owner you NEED Obama to win. He will CUT your taxes, give you bonuses for hiring Americans. McCain? He's going to RAISE your taxes to pay for wars and MORE bailouts to his friends. And I am no idiot. No personal information given, not name, not picture, not location. Heck telling people I'm a girl is probably too much.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by GamerGal]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Constitutional Scholar
reply to post by ATruGod

Nope, just a small business owner.

with your attitude, I am not surprised you have no job. You are irresponsible. You refuse to accept blame for your own actions, and instead blame others.

You cannot change the fact that YOU still signed the contract. Your fault.

Now you equate my lay-off to the fact I got screwed on my loan. Man what a work you are. As I previoulsy stated you won't get a rise out of me with your insults.

I know who the crooks are.

Why not just end your own world and eat a bullet?

The taxpayers would be thankful.

See this shows how inhuman you are.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by ATruGod]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

I am not insulting you.

You signed the loan when the terms changed. You are still responsible for making that payment.

The fact that you choose to blame others, means you are being irresponsible.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Yea, because you know Obamas plan in depth right? Or do you just spout what you hear on his commercials?

What big city are you near?

You are way too paranoid.

Me? I live in Rhinelander, Wisconsin.

Male, 30 years old.

Name: Jay

There, now you know about me. You claim jobs are hard to find, I will prove you wrong.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

reply to post by ATruGod

I am not insulting you.

You signed the loan when the terms changed. You are still responsible for making that payment.

The fact that you choose to blame others, means you are being irresponsible.

The terms changed at the last minute. I had nothing else I could do.

Was I really suppose to walk away? No really walk away from my down payment? Walk away from the lot I pay rent on? You really don't seem to comprehend.

I had worked on this deal for 6 months they changed it when I cam into take possession what was I suppose to do? Where was I suppose to go?

How does any of this equate to my lay-off becaue of the economy.

Its obvious you either don't have clue what they did is wrong or you just use the same morals in you small business practices? I think this is completely ridiculous you would defend this practice.

Please if someone else thinks I'm wrong here tell me.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
well constitutional scholar there are things called banking compliance acts to stop predatory lending. I know because I had to take a mandatory course (it's about 5 minutes long) and sign a compliance act. So I could sell IRAs, roll them over etc. It's technically illegal to allow someone to sign any sort of loan or banking product if they (the customer) don't fully understand everything including the the tinsy tiny fine print on the contract. the banking agent has to be absolutely sure that the customer understands each and every little detail. they can't pressure the customer, cant rush the process, and if they fail to explain something/anything to the customer and customer fails to understand it than the contract is void. true the customer signs off saying that "they completely understand everything" in the contract. but how many of these customers actually know about that law. how many of them are just being duped by the banking agent who says great you want a loan or whatever, sign here, and here, and here, without really explaining anything. skipping over parts or over simplifying things so that they are in fact being very deceptive. anything to get a commission. It's not always the customers fault. we were raised in a society where we were supposed to trust these figures of authority. Now we have learned that even these banking agents are untrustworthy. Now we know better.

so place blame where you want. it's all the customers fault. it's not like there is such thing as a slick banking agent or a shady life insurance salesman....noooooo. they don't exist at all. it's all the customers fault.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

Nothing else you could do? Um, you could have REFUSED to sign the contract.

Yet, you CHOSE to sign it anyways.

Blame everyone else but yourself, right? That your mantra?

You havent acknowledged an ounce of responsibility for your situation.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

I never said the bank didnt share in the blame. In fact, I said just the opposite.

Banks share the blame. But morons who sign contracts they dont understand, or with terms that they dont agree with, are equally to blame.

Too much leeway is given to the ignorant masses. They are far from victims. They are far from blameless.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

reply to post by ATruGod

Oh how simple you make it...

Where was I suppose to go? They already strung me along for 3 weeks (after the house was done) did they bring up the change in terms at any point before then? NO!

I didn't have anywhere to go. I was paying rent on the land, I did what was required of me each nad everytime (yes there were lots of hoops). So how can they come back in the end with different terms. I have children who were already displaced and needed to get stable to go back to school (3 days later).

Oh btw have I defaulted yet? NO! I make my payments but I'm not sure how I will now untill I get a new job. (for the record my vehicles are paid off)

You can say "You signed the contract" all you want but untill youve been here and know how it went down all you have is a lame a$$ opinion. I had to take care of my kids...my whole point was:

THE BANKS ARE OUT FOR NOTHING BUT OUR MONEY!! They don't care about anything else. They are crooked and will do anything to get it.

You called me a deadbeat and yet I still havent defaulted...whats that make me now?

You snide remark about bing able to afford your cars and a house...my cars are paid off whats that make me now?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
remember frequently made in America means made in the mariana's or someplace similar. US territory. but exempt from the USA's laws. all of em.

So what you have is sweat shops by day, sex slavery at night. Oh and politicians visiting all the time, fully aware of the whole disgusting apparatus set up there, and caring less. it looks good for them . look see, products made in america!!! vote for me, everything is fine. well no not really. forcing a 14 year old asian girl, who has been working the last 12hours in a sweat shop, into sodomy at night while on vacation there, and then going home and saying there's nothing horrible going on there is not fine. it's downright un american, or at least it used to be.

but on the bright side. at least the corporation the sweat shop is contracted to gets to sell the items at full price. you know how things made in america are more expensive than the cheap chinese knock offs. well not in these places, but the corporation still gets to make all the same profits.

the scam is they use slave labor, it's legal, the cost per unit of product is dirt cheap just like in any sweat shop. then they get to tell you it's made lovingly in america, we buy it at full inflated price, and they make a fortune. no these people aren't going to hell. no not at all. and neither are the politicians who protect them and know fully well whats going on.

not saying all products that say made in america are made in this manner. but a portion of it is. and it's a slap in the face to all of the fooled consumers and more importantly to all the people who do honestly make things in the USA.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATruGod

reply to post by ATruGod

Oh how simple you make it...

Where was I suppose to go? They already strung me along for 3 weeks (after the house was done) did they bring up the change in terms at any point before then? NO!

I didn't have anywhere to go. I was paying rent on the land, I did what was required of me each nad everytime (yes there were lots of hoops). So how can they come back in the end with different terms. I have children who were already displaced and needed to get stable to go back to school (3 days later).

Oh btw have I defaulted yet? NO! I make my payments but I'm not sure how I will now untill I get a new job. (for the record my vehicles are paid off)

You can say "You signed the contract" all you want but untill youve been here and know how it went down all you have is a lame a$$ opinion. I had to take care of my kids...my whole point was:

THE BANKS ARE OUT FOR NOTHING BUT OUR MONEY!! They don't care about anything else. They are crooked and will do anything to get it.

Is this a trailer?

You are renting land but buying a house on it? If it's not a trailer, did you sign a 99 year lease for the land?

Whose fault is it you didnt have anywhere to go? Why did you leave your previous place before the contract was signed? Again, irresponsibility.

Banks are in business to make money, not to make your life better.

Don't like it? Start your own bank.

You can continue to blame everyone,but the bottom line still hasnt changed.

You signed the contract. Your fault.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Constitutional Scholar]

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Constitutional Scholar]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Yea, because you know Obamas plan in depth right? Or do you just spout what you hear on his commercials?

What big city are you near?

You are way too paranoid.

Me? I live in Rhinelander, Wisconsin.

Male, 30 years old.

Name: Jay

There, now you know about me. You claim jobs are hard to find, I will prove you wrong.

Uh, when's the last time you had to find a job, Jay?

[edit on 15-10-2008 by chickenshoes]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by chickenshoes

About 7 years ago, then I started my own business.

Yes, times have changed, however I have helped numerous friends and business colleagues find jobs. I will go out of my way to help someone find a job if they truly want to work.

The problem is a large number of people today feel certain jobs are "beneath" them.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Its a Modular Home in a Park.

They don't sign contracts until the person moves in.

I had the old Trailer removed to put in a house that didnt leak. You know I was staying in my means...not trying to get something I couldnt afford.

I have lived here for 10 years previous. I was told it would be 4 weeks it was more like 8.

I did every single thing I was asked, yet they changed the terms. Probably because they knew they had me by the .....

Yes I signed the contract but I had to or I would have lost evwerything I worked more than 10 years for.

Call it what you want tough guy I'm still getting it done.

That don't change the fact the bank screwed me.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Constitutional Scholar

I'll send you a U2U. But I have a part time job, been there for over a year. If I hadn't known half the people there I never would have gotten it. Around here if you have a job you keep it knowing you got lucky.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
scholar,

there is some blame to put onto the consumer of these loans. but re read what I said. the dynamics in that office when the loan is being signed are what matter. that's the whole point of the Govt. mandated banking compliance acts. to stop this mind set in the banking agent.

They are scamming people into these things, by purposely being deceptive.

Heck this isn't my opinion. it's the US govt. opinion. in fact it's not opinion it's fact. or they would never make this act to begin with. it's their attempt to stop these shenanigans. sure place 90% of the blame on the consumer. the people who looked into this issue sure haven't, they say it's the bankers and their agents mostly (not completely) at blame. not the other way around.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

And what happens when you cannot make the payment? Foreclosure. Then you are screwed again, but I guess it would be the banks fault for kicking you out huh?

Walking away fro the down payment might have been hard, but it would have been the SMARTER thing to do.

I was in a similar situation with a car purchase. I was stuck too. About 10 years ago I was driving a piece of crap truck. I was thinking of buying a new one before the old one started to die, but hadnt really pursued the idea much.

Anyways, on the way home from work one day, the truck started to die. Coincidentally I was passing a car dealership. I pulled in and the truck died. Not a mere breakdown, but certain death of that piece of crap.

I found a truck I liked, they gave the initial terms and the payment was affordable.

After the usual runaround, they came back with a payment of $110 more than the first amount. I knew I couldnt afford that, but I too was stuck.

Know what I did?

I walked home 10 miles that night. Not fun, but better than signing a contract to buy something I could not afford.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join