It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone wearing Magnum Spider Elite boots/shoes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Has anyone among this community got a pair of Magnum Elite spider 5.0 shoes or 8.0 boots they could give a rundown on ?, I'm thinking about replacing my Karrimor KSBs with a couple of pairs

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I am not familiar with that model of boot, but I gave Magnum a test twice, two separate models of boots bought years apart, and I hated them frankly. The soles wore as fast as the eraser on a pencil, the uppers separated from the soles, and the lace eyelets came loose quickly.

What are your applications? Daily wear, workwear, hiking, snow hiking, etc?

Nowadays I only buy Danner, Matterhorn, or Corcoran boots, depending on purpose. For work I wear Danner Acadias, I am on my second pair and those are my #1 favorite shoe of all time. During the winter I wear Matterhorn 1949s (maroon inserts), and during the summer Corcoran Field Boot IIs. The Corcorans aren't for everyone but I love them, on my third pair right now.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by therainmaker
I am not familiar with that model of boot, but I gave Magnum a test twice, two separate models of boots bought years apart, and I hated them frankly. The soles wore as fast as the eraser on a pencil, the uppers separated from the soles, and the lace eyelets came loose quickly.

What are your applications? Daily wear, workwear, hiking, snow hiking, etc?

Nowadays I only buy Danner, Matterhorn, or Corcoran boots, depending on purpose. For work I wear Danner Acadias, I am on my second pair and those are my #1 favorite shoe of all time. During the winter I wear Matterhorn 1949s (maroon inserts), and during the summer Corcoran Field Boot IIs. The Corcorans aren't for everyone but I love them, on my third pair right now.

Hi I am only needing them for EDC wear, nothing tactical or seriously physical, I have my Altberg Combat boots for those roles, Both my Karrimors and other footwear are really just toughened up trainers for every day use, IE tougher and more useful than a trainer, but not heavy or restricive as a combat boot.
Respects NR

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm not familiar with those boots NorthRaider, so can't comment, but I can suggest excellent boots.

When I was 17 years old -- 33 years ago -- I had a road construction job, and ordered two pair of White's Boots. I have a very high arch #13 boot, and narrow feet and these are custom boots to fit your foot. (you take your own measurements). I paid $US 84.00 for each pair, and man, that was a heaping bucket of money for me then. One pair was the logging style, and the other were hiking boots.

I still have them both. The logging boots have been resoled six times, the hiking boots three. The soles screw on with brass screws and the construction is all leather, well stitched. I wore out the tongue on the logging boots and have extras now. They come with heavy-duty Vibram soles. I have six cans of Hubbard's Shoe Grease, as that was what was recommended at the time, and it's all I use to keep them breathable, but still watertight.

That was probably the best value of anything I've ever purchased.

White's Boots: www.whitesboots.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Most of the cops in this area wear magnums. I spent 120 on a pair 5 yrs ago and they have served me well over all conditions.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Still using the tried and tested Boots Combat Assault.
comfortable and lightweight.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I have two pairs of Whites 'pac-boots' and wear them all the time. Very comfortable and after two years of use show minimum wear. I switch them between days and they wear better and stay comfortable.
Zindo

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Most excellent advise Zindo. Wearing the same shoes or boots every day is the curse of premature wear and jungle death for shoes. They need 24 to thoroughly dry out. Excellent point.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I wear a pair of magnum stealth boots everysingle day. had em since jan and they still hold up. Not my favorite pair but still very good, all depdends on what you need em for. Id recomend them thoguh

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
these are my favorite boots: Danner Striker™ GTX Uniform Boots
Stable and comfy. Its to bad they are not "air" certified so I can wear them in the line of duty.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I've always worn The Matterhorn version of ICB's when it was cold, Altama Jungle boots when it was hot or wet, or Rocky's 10 inch side zipper.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by EyesWideShut]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Are those White's tall? I mean, like cowboy boot tall? I tend to like shorter boots but this is the second time i've heard Whites mentioned this week...I'll have to try to find somewhere that sells them in-store and give them another go.

(post by bootmagnat removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

join