It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GIANTS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   
wannabe these examples all seem to be from the north american continent, have you come across any others from across the globe whilst looking at this topic???

find these interesting but are there not a number of people in professional basketball who are of the height described here (well those from around six to eight feet anyway)

posted on Jan, 18 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by xaos

1) By mutant I do not mean x-men powers, the corruption of the meaning of mutant is due to this series. a mutant is someone who differs from the norm in some way, often drastically.

2) This can lead to evolutionary change but usually the mutation is a disadvantage and they die out.

3) I have not seen that many tall people in my "short live" but that doesn't mean that they aren't out there. The only reason that we find these giant skeletons is because they were probably revered by the people in their tribe, most likely they were seen as gods. this led to better burials and a better chance to preserve their skeletons. If this happened to only a small percentage of mutants throughout history there would be a large amount of preserved skeletons. Enough skeletons to explain the skeletons we find now.

XAOS

1) OH ? Really ? And me who was thinking that they had all super-powers when they were still alives.

2) Or may be they were not from a mutant specie, but they were from an unknown species.

3) I agree with you, but that doesn't mean that we found all the buried skeletons. Probably that many of them are still " waiting " for us.
And you know, these skeletons have been found everywhere in the world. So, I'm skeptic with this so-called mutation. If they were all found in just ONE area, yes, the mutation would be a good theory. But not when we can find these skeletons all around the world ( America, Africa, Asia, Europa...).

It should be a good idea to do some DNA test/experience with these skeletons.

posted on Jan, 18 2003 @ 11:30 PM
link   
.....i'll have y'all some more stuff by tomorrow. just don't assume that if I can't come up with much it means there isn't anything out there - if people like the Smithsonian are keeping everything they find locked away, there's no reason why other organizations aren't doing the same in other countries.

so do we have any other theories besides "they are a mutation?" i thought mutations generally harmful. there is a thing called Giantism - people blessed with this trait aren't exactly better at survival than their neighbors.

speaking of basketball, any of you guys catch the lakers game friday?

upward and onward

posted on Jan, 19 2003 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Maybe they were revered, or maybe they just took control. If you were a giant, nothing much would stop you. Examples: Gog and Magog, Genghis Khan.

I didn't know that Temujin was a giant, just a charismatic strategic genius who had incredible drive and united mongolia to subjugate europe and asia.

wannabe these examples all seem to be from the north american continent, have you come across any others from across the globe whilst looking at this topic???

Perhaps the race of giants in N.A. explains bigfoot sightings as these people have gone into hiding and are rarely seen.

And you know, these skeletons have been found everywhere in the world

This is my point if they were only in one place it would be anamolous. But since they are in everywhere then it's possible that they are just members of a tribe that had giantism or something. If there were whole communities of giants it couldnt be a genetic mutation that quickly disappeared, but since there usually are only one or two in the tombs they are probably just mutants (like many pro-basketball players)

XAOS

posted on Jan, 19 2003 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Given that archeology has not and most likely will not get the chance to uncover as much of the world as it would like, it seems unlikely that they would turn up enough giant bodies to prove their existence even if they did exist. Most of the stories seem to come from ancient history and it could be that they lie under to much soil etc to be found. Given modern archeoglogies reticence to accept new ideas and thinking its unlikely that you could get anyone to take this seriously and investigate under an acedemic aegis.

Still trying to come up with more examples on this from the world in general though.....

posted on Jan, 19 2003 @ 07:36 AM
link   
so do we have any other theories besides "they are a mutation?"

maybe

[img]http://members.lycos.nl/coaxpage/hpbimg/page18.jpg[ /img]

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
page 18

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This thread is pretty old but still useful. Here is my take of giant humans. I came across this site due to my 14 year olds obsession, how tall will he be. Anyways it turns out that a possible race of giant humans may have walked our earth at some time. The huge pilared buildings they built may also solve some "how did they build it questions".

www.stevequayle.com...

[edit on 2/5/07 by Rhain]

[edit on 2/5/07 by Rhain]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Well, I guess that Dinosaurs De-generated into the smaller reptiles that we have today. Perhaps the same can be said for the human race. After-all, it is better to be smaller, in regards to environment and getting around and such.

Imagine if we were all 1 foot tall, we'd use a hell of a lot less fuel.

Mind you, we'd become prey to cats and sparrows....

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Giants are a definite possibility. Look...animals were likely bigger in the past, correct? That is what the bones in the ground tell us, as well as the glaciers. It stands to reason that humans could have likely been bigger to some degree as well, then, right?

There are documented cases of gigantism. Many are due to pituitary gland problems and such, but consider Angus Macaskill:

en.wikipedia.org...

Wiki provides a summary that is a very interesting read for anecdotal information on this large man.

and a picture. Although it appears cut and pasted poorly, the dimansions seem about right:

Also consider Ella Ewing, the Missouri giantess.

There are a ton of accounts. Many of them not believable. I do believe that there are things that are never displayed. Whether it is nefarious or not i do not know (but have an opinion), but there is a tone of information out there. The Steve Quayle site is interesting. The information is sometimes barely credible, but it provides good background information, for sure (plus a ton of other research).

The intersting thing for me is why animals were once larger? Has anyone considered this? Why/how could the Earths gravity change, if that is what indeed happened?

[edit on 3-5-2007 by bigfatfurrytexan]

[edit on 4-5-2007 by bigfatfurrytexan]

[edit on 4-5-2007 by bigfatfurrytexan]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join