It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain aide: 'Turnaround' starts today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

McCain aide: 'Turnaround' starts today

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- Sen. John McCain on Monday is delivering a new speech that a senior aide says he thinks "will begin a turnaround for the campaign" as Election Day approaches.
Sen. John McCain is expected to deliver a speech on the state of the election and the economy, an aide says.

Sen. John McCain is expected to deliver a speech on the state of the election and the economy, an aide says.

"Sen. McCain will offer a frank assessment of the state of the election and the state of affairs for our country.

"The theme is the new direction that Sen. McCain will take the country through his specific plans for creating jobs, helping those nearing retirement, keeping people in their homes and curbing spending," the aide said.

McCain's speech comes the same day that Democratic candidate Barack Obama is laying out his economic rescue plan for the middle class.

The Republican presidential candidate will "speak directly to people's fears and worries about the state of our economy and the other challenges we face," the aide said.

McCain will also lay out what he sees as the differences between himself and Obama on experience, judgment and courage in the face of a national crisis, according to the aide.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-10-2008 by grover]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I have to say I find this rather sad and pathetic especially considering this is what they both should be doing anyway as opposed to going at each other like a couple of pit bull's in a dog fight.

I mean honestly it reminds me of Al Gore's constant reintroducing himself in 2000... like how many times can you start over and reintroduce yourself like you can erase the past few months and start over...

... the damage has been done.... still any serious discussion of the issues is welcome.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I doubt that either McCain or Obama can introduce any new ideas, compared to what's been posted on their existing web sites. As for "turnaround", that's just an admission from McCain's campaign that things are going badly for them.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I agree... ya actually have to feel sorry for the man. I have nothing against McCain and really am not afraid of him being president (unless he dies and that bimbo takes his place, now that scares me) I just feel that his policies and by extension the Republican policies are wrong.

new topics

top topics

join