It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internal combustion engine for nuclear fusion!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The Machine is called the 'Z-Machine' Started up around 1996 built for predicting Nuclear Blast Physics.

The Z-Machine started out producing 40 trillion watts of x-ray power and in a short time was making 290 trillion watts and the kicker the power input is only enough to provide electricity to about 100 houses for two minutes. Electricity is provided by ordinary wall current from a local utility company..

Also it achieved 2.8 Million degrees Fahrenheit

Then came the idea of rapid-fire so the basically built a switch that can fire the Machine 10.2 times a second. As of 2007 it has fired 11,000 times without a single flaw!

Because the Machine is modular they can be stacked like donuts and they could generate 60 Million amps and 6 million volts of electrical power and the kicker they only cost $160,000 dollars each not millions how about that one!

To test this it will only cost $35 million to build 100 of them taking 5-7 years taking less then 20yrs to Market.

Now I say we tell our government to open this up to the private sector and schools and give them 1 billions dollars and I bet we could make happen in less then 10yrs making us free from oil forever.

So what do you think?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Found this:

www.sandia.gov...

The home of Z.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Thanks

I forgot to add the link!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by xrmartie
Now I say we tell our government to open this up to the private sector and schools and give them 1 billions dollars and I bet we could make happen in less then 10yrs making us free from oil forever.
So what do you think?

I agree with you, but are you aware that our own president (just one example) owns an oil company? (arbusto oil, or arbusto energy)

Why would they take money out of their own pockets?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Since a workable Fusion device has already been developed and it releases no harmful neutron radiation, why would we want to continue down this path?

Of course this too will never be developed.

cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I think you are all easily swindled by fuzzy numbers and logic!
Beware of Geeks bearing gifts!

OK someone do the math please and verify my conclusion! My math is questionable.

290 Trillion watts for approx a billionth of a second.
But watts are measured in seconds, so you need to divide this output number by 1 billion divided by 120 seconds to determine the real power output.

This only leaves 2416 watts. By my questionable math. This may be a lot of power but one hell of a lot less than the numbers led us to believe so far!

Input energy is enough to power a home for 200 minutes. Whatever that means.

A home may use 1500kwh per month
So 30 days X 24 hours = 720 hours
That comes to about 2 KWH per hour or 2000 watts per hour.

2416 / 2000 = 1.208 hours of power for an average home.

You input 200 minutes of power and output 1.2 hours of power.

This is not much return, You input 3.3 hours and get 1.2 hours out.

Aside from the fact that you are loosing energy by this math. You still have the problem of increasing the frequency of firing from 10.2 times a second to 1 billion times a second, once for each billionth of a second.

Otherwise you need to power fewer houses because the output is lower Megawatts over time. If the frequency is too low, you might need to put in the power used by 1 billion homes 10 times a second to power ten homes.
That just dosen't sound practical! If you had that much power you could just light up the billion homes instead of tapping it for a ten billionths of each second.

Hey this sounds like overunity. This is impossible, ask any physicist!
It violates the second law of thermodynamics. Either the physics community needs to change their belief set, or this is not as advertised.

Can you say: We need an extension on the grant, just publish something that sounds amazing, nobody ever does the math?

Does anyone know how to convert all that nasty xray power into usable energy?

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Reading seems to be the problem here not the simple math problem like you described
The power input creates high-yield fusion output!

Z-Machine uses its tremendous electrical energy to create a powerful magnetic field that rapidly implodes a plasma within what can be visualized as a small soup can with gold-plated innards.
The intense magnetic field squeezes the plasma down to the thickness of the wire in a paper clip, and creates tremendous heat by very quickly stopping the plasma's rapid motion within the field's confines.
The lines release the current over a very small time interval (just 100 billionths of a second) and into a very small target, thereby magnifying the power exerted in that mini-moment sufficient to implode fusion capsules of deuterium and tritium (isotopes of hydrogen) to achieve high-yield fusion.

high-yield fusion!!!!!

So this produces heat that in turn would be used to run a steam turbine just like in a nuclear power plant would!

This thing melted I said melted diamond into a liquid puddle!!!!!!!!!! Just think about that one for a few!

new topics

top topics

join