It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smith College Editor: 'Obama Is My Jesus'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRooster

hahahaha yeah i like how the second article in their "news cue" is about how they are no longer requiring SATs.

and for Benevolent Heretic:

i agree that this should be taken with a light twist. So many times people have read a sarcastic comment on here and said, HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT? Sarcasm is difficult to misconstrue in the written word. i know he isnt being overly sarcastic, just hopeful about "change".

he is the son of god, and if you believe that then you will also know that we all are children of god, from Christianities view point, anyways.

I just hate how everyone relies and says obama is the only person who can change anything. did he cook you breakfast this morning? jeez people, learn to do things on your own, PLEASE.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

It seems this guy echo's my sentiment.

Originally posted by
Mark W. Scott
This unfortunate article is further proof that undergraduate study is a waste of money.

Smith, once considered a premier institution of 'higher learning' appears to have morphed into another child care institution for young adults without any income earning skills.

And this guy has a very valid point.

Originally posted by Scott 10/01/08 @ 11:32 AM EST
I'm really hoping this is satire, but with people seriously declaring that Obama will heal our souls, magazines showing Obama with a saintly halo around him, and little children singing paeans to him straight out of a Hitler Youth rally, I just can't be sure.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Very interesting article found here....

www.newsmax.com...

Apparently Farrakhan thinks that Obama is the new messiah

“You are the instruments that God is gonna use to bring about universal change, and that is why Barack has captured the youth,” Farrakhan said. “And he has involved young people in a political process that they didn’t care anything about. That’s a sign. When the Messiah speaks, the youth will hear, and the Messiah is absolutely speaking.”

This was last February, sorry but Obama is not my messiah....

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRooster

the way those kids are brain washed is sick. kids who want nothing more than to ride their bikes are being used as 'children of the corn' like pawns.

Barbara Bush and Nancy Reagan both went there, but like its been said, that was a while back, when it might have meant something.

what ever happened to separation of church and state?

some people want some things they know nothing about so bad they will try and take a crap on a bear trap. have fun with all that.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

My oldest sister got her degree there, my youngest sister was "run off by all the lesbians" as she put it, finished her degree at Umass Amherst in the late 70's. That's right about when Smith went to hell. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful campus, but an ugly school.

I'll never forget the day I brought my first wife home to meet the family. We drove into Northampton right in the middle of the gay pride parade. The ex wife goes "I think that's two girls kissing right there, oh my God! that's two girls kissing right there!" When you are so used to seeing it, it's really no big deal, but she got a kick out of it.

Anyway, if you read the story then the posts below it, almost everyone's response was "is this satire?" And like the old saying goes, if you have to explain the joke, it's probably not that funny!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I think what the author is trying to say that he views Obama's ideas and actions as being very Jesus like and inspiring. He is the Jesus for his generation. I don't think he actually believes he is the biblical Jesus.

I won't get into the argument on whether or not Obama is Jesus like.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The real definition of the AntiChrist is someone who replaces Christ.

Therefore, for a small number of unwitting individuals, Obama is the AntiChrist.

[edit on 12/11/08 by YourForever]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join