It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blossom Goodchild Is A Genius

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
wait just a minute, its not even the 14th yet. I think people should wait until after tomorrow before they start ranting. No one is 100% sure what will happen tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

What would Sheldan Nidle do when his dates would come to pass without delivering on the promise? I am curious if she will follow the same play book. Of course, this is just in the remote chance that she is incorrect

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
While I do believe in aliens/ET nothing will happen tommorow

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Yes soon she will take over Billy Mays as the king of hawkers on cable TV,lot's of Aussies as pitchmen lately,she will fit right in

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I for one do not believe this to be a hoax. If you think Blossom has not been graced by this wonderful age of enlightenment to bring us from heavens a new age and do not feel the vibrations in your soul, then you are truly doomed not to welcome the new age that is upon us. We can only overcome great adversity with great light and a federation starship.

This is not a hoax. I think poor Blossom truly believes she is a being communicated to, I think she's convinced...

Didn't she say she would commit suicide if this turned into a non-event? I hope she has plenty of support from family and friends on the day to help her through the immense confusion she will be experiencing... and help her pay her subsequent psychiatric medical bills.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Modulus

She had a release that specifically addressed the suicide issue and she said that she absolutely would NOT commit suicide if it doesn't come. For what it is worth.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Well we will see shortly, Im not one to believe these things but its entertaining none the less. to watch the people argue /discuss it .. Even if she doesnt actually think she is being communicated to and is insane.. still entertaining to watch.

However if this thing looks like a laser light show ill be claiming it's project blue beam.. I'm a skeptic to the core.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I'm so all around disgusted with things in the US right now that I'd love for a big, humongous starship to appear and hang around in the skies above Alabama for three days. I would simply laugh myself silly at all the people freaking out. Heck, I might even be convinced to watch cable news again just to see what the knuckleheads had to say about it.

Of course, the problem is I wouldn't really believe it was from outer space. I'd believe it was a Project Blue Beam illusion created by the secret government meant to scare the bejezus out of the masses while they are stealing all the money and installing an illegal alien in the White House. So, at the end of the day, it is just silly speculation at best. Or maybe Ms. Goodchild has been hired to promote the show. Who knows?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Modulus

I couldn't find any evidence to show she had said she'd commit suicide.

As for the other person who bought up the marketing arguement. Actually it doens't work here. If she had come out saying they would appear but not giving a date she would have gotten less attention. She has played a blinder of a scam here, by giving a date she has garnered massive attention and followers.

She will make up an excuse or she will disappear. That's my prediction and i'm not psychic lol. I'm not sure what excuse she'll make. Something along the lines of "your planet is not ready" seems logical.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
She certainly will not commit suicide, whether she really believes what she is saying or not.. well.. who knows? .. I personally believe it's just another hoax.

Man do I hope I'm wrong.. if I am, then I will definitely send her an apology via e-mail or something and admit I was wrong to others.

But like I said in another October 14th thread, the probability of her prediction coming true is: 0.00001 %

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder

Originally posted by broli
Do you know anything about her career background?

Has anyone noticed her Wikipedia article got deleted? You can still read a tiny bit about it if you Google search her:

Blossom Goodchild - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia -
Blossom Goodchild is an Australian actress and self-professed medium (with no substantial proof of her asserted abilities) who claims to have begun ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blossom_Goodchild

Link to deleted Wiki article: en.wikipedia.org...

This raises two possibilities:

1) Blossom Goodchild really IS a media, the GFL starships will arrive on October the 14th as she predicted and the deleted Wikipedia article shows that the Government tried to ridicule her and stamp her as a fraud.

2) Blossom Goodchild is an actress and this whole thing is a new lonelygirl15 scam.

...or a new kind of Blair Witch Project?

Google-cache is your friend :-)

Blossom's Deleted Wiki entry

Blossom Goodchild is an Australian actress and self-professed medium (with no substantial proof of her asserted abilities) who claims to have begun channelling a Native American spirit named "White Cloud" in 1991. She gained international notoriety for supposedly channelling a message from cosmic beings known as The Federation of Light on August 1, 2008 that an extraterrestrial spacecraft would be visible for three days beginning on October 14, 2008 "in such a way as to prove to us the existence of other life forms in the Universe". The message includes the remark, "We wish it to be understood that on the 14th day of your month of October in the year 2008 a craft of great size shall be visible within your skies. It shall be in the south of your hemisphere and it shall scan over many of your states. We give to you the name of Alabama."[1] Goodchild's message spread rapidly across the Internet via video and audio recordings on YouTube[2] and as a topic of discussion on blog sites devoted to discussions of extraterrestrial life[3] during the months of August and September, 2008.[4] It has also received attention and ridicule in the international press.[5][6][7] This rare and specific prediction offers an opportunity to perform an empirical test of channelling, although the rational community has dismissed her claims as having the characteristics of a form of undercover marketing designed to sell New Age products and services. It also provides an example of the globalization of online news media as the contents of blog sites become "newsworthy" and op-ed pieces in local papers are read and commented upon by members of a global audience

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The gullible will always find some "prophet" to lead them into the new world. They simply can't cope with the real world, and they look for anyone and anything that will give some meaning to their lives.

Blossom Goodchild is just another in a very long line of charlatans that have grown rich off of the stupidity of others.

Look at "The Church Universal and Triumphant". The wopman that ran it became a multi-millionaire, all because she convinced a lot of fools that she was the Messiah.

This kind of thing has happened over and over again, throughout human history.

If any so called "leader" asks for your wallet, know that they are NOT there for your welfare.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I dunno man, i mean i personally think that this might happen...i kind of want it to happen. I mean since she has been saying this i have only been on her website once, and i havent even looked at the books she has (never even crossed my mind to buy one) And i feel that allot of people on this board feel the same way...

ok lets look at the facts...Can everyone on ats please post if they have bought blossoms books....anyone?

If you look at the bottom of her site, as of 11:15am on oct. 13, 2008 she has only 232,420 people that have went to her site. That is not allot considering the hype that this has gotten. And to buy her items you need to go to her website

the highest price she has is

$25 bucks for one book, the lowest is $15

if you buy all her books it would be $170

she has a special for all 3 white cloud books for $60

for the cds, its

whitecloud meditation cds, $20 each or $70 for all five

readings are $80
---------------------------------------------------

oh and you have to realize she has been doing this for 9 years, and her website latest copyright is from 2006, so basically she has been racking in money FROM HER WEBSITE SINCE 2006 so basically 2 years know and she has only reached 232,420 web hits.

just some facts about how much money she could make...

IF EVERYONE that visited her site bought all her books, then that would be a 39,511,400 net income. That is EVERYONE THAT HAS BEEN ON THAT SITE, now that number sounds unreasonable because that would be #&# insane to do, i have visited the site as of know only 4 times, just to get the info on the costs of the books, And it already went up to 232,428, so really there are not allot of people that visit that site, and for the people that do, how many times a day do they visit it. I highly doubt she has made a significant amount of money off of this...Even with all the internet hype.

i could probably see her only making about maybe $300 MAX! over all of this internet hype...and THAT IS THE PEOPLE THAT ARE DEDICATED TO HER!!!

www.blossomgoodchild.com...

[edit on 13-10-2008 by ATSGUY]

Oh and even with the google ads she has on her site. How much do you think she makes jsut with the ads, probably 25c every 2-3 days...i mean google doesnt pay allot.

ATS probably makes over 1million considering all the ads they have and all the thread pages that are openend on here...just to give u an idea of how much you have to do to make money off of ads.

but yea those are the money facts on blossom, its you who makes the conclusion on weither this is real or not. I hope it will happen tomorrow, if not oh well, i have been through many mass sighting predictions...but we will see tomarrow...

[edit on 13-10-2008 by ATSGUY]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSGUY

However that counter could have been reset, it could have bugged, basically we have no idea.

So lets be conservative and estimate that only 5% of people bought only one item at 15 dollars. Taking the 200,000 number of visitors (if that's correct) then that's 150,000 dollars!

There are innumerable ways to make money from such a scam, donations we don't know about either. It doesn't all go through her website.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This topic is already being discussed here:
GFL spaceship to appear Oct. 14th

Thread closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join