It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions of dreams and visions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I am presenting this for some insight on a personal matter. I havnt been on ATS in awhile, mostly due to hurricane duty in the national guard, but I have had some inexplicable events occur that Im still confused about. I won't go into them all here, but I will mention the portion dealing with potential psychological phenomena.

Here are my questions:

Has anyone ever heard of someone having a vision or dream of a vigilant and coiled rainbow striped snake? What could it mean? I wont go into details here, but I "saw" something like this while on hurricane duty.

On the eve of Yom Kippur I "saw" some odd phenomena. One was a mirror like glimmer, almost like an orb that vanished in the sky. Oddly I felt a sense of peace after seeing it. I also "saw" what I can best describe as darkness fleetingly emerging from shadows in my home. It was mere glimpses, almost like a flicker.

On Yom Kippur, during my normal annual fast, I had a very powerful "dream" that seemed like it lasted hours. I have had a "dream" like this once before years ago while I was on active duty in the army. The one I had then in the army in some ways reminded me of Dante's Inferno. When I "awoke" from the one I had years ago I was severely disoriented and had now no idea where I was at. I almost walked off the back of my tank that I was sleeping on.

The "dream" I had on Yom Kippur in some ways was like Dante's Paradiso but also reminded me in some ways of Charles Dicken's A Christmas Carol, minus the Christmas aspect. It seemed as though hours and hours had passed. When I was finally released and "awoke" in real life, (It was filled with numerous false awakenings), I looked at my clock and to my complete shock less than One Hour had passed since going to bed.

There are other bizare details I am not sure I should cover here, due to the nature of the forum, especially some weirdness dealing with a choral song entitled, "Seek Him That Maketh the Seven Stars" which is actually from a verse in the Bible, Amos 5:8. If need be I can go into as much detail as I can remember from the "dreams", parts of it seem to blocked out, what I might call the "angelic or heavenly parts" where I can only remember brief glimpses.

The whole experience has been a life changing event for me. I would like know if anyone has heard of anything like this or the possible meaning of it.

[edit on 13/10/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Hi

Don't worry, there are many of us experiencing strange dreams and visions. Here are some links to discussion that you might find helpful and enlightening:
ATS Link 1
ATS Link 2
ATS Link 3

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

I am not sure if what I experienced would fall into a precognitive category, they really reminded me more of Dante's Divine Comedy or the Book of Enoch.

On the other hand I did have a bizarre dream recently that reminded me of yours. In it I was standing outside at night with family and friends. We were watching what looked like numerous combat aircraft, well technically just flashing lights, flares, and afterburners. The sky was lit up with tracer fire, missiles, explosions, and the screaming sounds of jet engines. In the dream we all seemed to know what was going on and that a number of the aircraft were American, but the others were not. Towards the end of the dream some type of flechette munitions were dispersed and hit all of us that were standing outside. I was still alive but my body was like a human pin cushion and I had numerous flechettes stuck in me. I can remember pulling some of them out of body before waking up.

Whats even more horrifying is that just now as I am typing this while spellchecking the word flechette on google, I found images that look almost identical to what I saw in the dream here: www.btselem.org...

The other disturbing thing is I did not know flechettes were deliverable by air. This was the other thing I found on google: www.msl.army.mil...

This is really disturbing.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a ...vigilant, coiled, rainbow striped snake....

i'd say that image represented your total concepualization of 'Religion'

the 'rainbow spectrum' reflects just how complicated and intertwined the religious issues are with you mental psyche and spiritual part of your'Self'

i'd consider If the Red-&-Yellow colors were more intense,
because as the folklore goes, concerning snakes, ? 'red on yellow scares a fella...but yellow on red, makes a fella dead' ?

your intellect might still be rationalizing if the total body of 'religious'
thought & practice...is either Deadly or not...

just a thought, wish you well....

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

The thing with the snake is little bit more complicated since I wasn't dreaming. I was on hurricane activation here and outside in a parking lot next to a flight line. I had just finished praying. I walked out to the fence that separated the flight line from the parking lot. When I turned around away from the flight line there was this snake coiled up where I had just walked. I was thinking to myself how did I miss that? The snake had excellent eye sight and was able to see me from at a distance while I circled it from about 15 feet away. It watched me as I circled it and then I decided to walk up to it. I did not recognize the snake at all and Im pretty familiar with the fauna here. It had black, yellow, red, and blue green stripes going from head to tail. Its head was wider than the body. I felt very compelled to touch it, but I didn't due to the head size. As I was looking at it, another guy from the unit drove up and parked maybe 50 feet away. I walked over to him told about the snake and when I turned to show him where it was at, It was gone.

He grabbed a pistol from his truck and another guy came walking from unit. All three of us looked for the snake and could not find it. How does a snake vanish in the middle of a parking lot next to a flight line?

I got online and tried to find what I saw. The closest that I found was a snake called the Rainbow Snake www.stetson.edu... but the colors are off and the head is too small. In addition to that that snake is not native here and very rare where it does live.

Im not really sure what to think of it. Ive even looked up stuff about Aborigines and the rainbow serpent looking for answers.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I hope you like reading

You might find some interesting information here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13-10-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Interesting dream - and when we start reserching what we see, we start finding odd and sometimes amazing coincidences. This in turns fuels our paranoia which in turns fuels our dream.

I always thought flechettes were named appropriately - seeing as how they rip apart human flesh.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
These are descriptions as I can best recall from the "dream" I had years ago and the dream I had on Yom Kippur. Both of them were very very vivid, especially the second one to the point where I could not at all discertain that it was not waking reality.

The dream from years ago began in a place that reminded me of an old airport or train station, where I was asked some questions by a "man" who reminded me of an orthodox rabbi. One question dealt with hebrew. At the time I was not at all familiar with biblical hebrew and he had asked me the meaning of a hebrew word that I was unable to answer. Come to find out in the real world, the word he had asked me is indeed a real hebrew word, Nevi'im, which means "Prophets" and is actually the name of the second section of the Hebrew Bible, which includes the books of Isaiah and Ezekiel.

When I failed to answer his question, he became angry and that started what I call the Dante's Inferno portion of the dream. I had an unseen guide who lead me through what I can only describe as hell, but not the kind of hell seen in pop culture. There was no fire and brim stone. It was dark and like a labrynth of torture chambers or chambers of horror. The most powerful image I recall was one place that had a man seated in a throne who very much looked like the depiction of Jesus, but the man was bloodied with a crown of barbed wire. He was unable to get up from the throne due to what looked like barbed wire that was moving as if alive through holes in his hands and feet. It was very horrifying and I remember asking the unseen guide if it was Jesus and was told no.

I have a difficult time remembering what happened after that but I do recall the dream ending with the presence of G-d descending upon me. It was like the description of the presence in Exodus of the darkness that shrouds the Divine presence. I was enveloped in thick darkness and loud thunderous sounds. It was very horrifying and I woke up very disoriented not knowing where I was at and no equilibrium.

The dream had a life changing affect on me, resulting in me being more observant of high holy days and kosher dietary laws.

The "dream" I had on this Yom Kippur began with a series of false awakeings where I thought intruders had broken into my home. Each time it happened there was no intruder. In one I thought I saw a relative sitting on a couch in my living room. I returned to bed in the dream. In another there were friends in the hallway. Again I returned to bed. Each time I had a false awakening I determined that the preceeding awakening was just a dream and this new awakening was real. At some point there was a transition, where I was no longer in my home. Here I can only recall glimpses of interactions with what I might call angels, especially one prosecuting angel who had zero sympathy or compassion. I can recall glimpses of trying to reason with him but he had no mercy, remorse and he had much contempt for humanity. He didn't really seem real talkitive either.

I can recall glimpses of others trying to be more helpful and giving me advice. I can also recall reading things and speaking about other things, but I can't remember what I read or talked about. I cant even remember the setting, but it seemed like a wide open interior of a building, like a great hall. It seemed as if I was there for a long time.

Though I cant recall the words exchanged I was released at the end after meeting Im wanting to say some level of satisfaction with the "angels" I spoke to.

I woke up immediately after and was weary if I was actually awake or not after the multiple false awakeings. I looked at my clock and less than an hour had passed from the time I had went to bed. I also had a sense of peace and relief over me.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Interpretations of dreams and visions are always difficult from the outside. Traditionally these interpretations come from generations of experience, but even then, it is up to the dreamer/visionary to interpret the interpretations to find the personal meaning. My best advice, coming from no specific tradition, is to be broad and begin at a point you find meaningful. Dissect and interpret the pieces individually and form a whole from that.

This is what I thought when I read about your experience with the snake. I don't expect this to be meaningful to you, but hopefully it will be an example of how to 'read' the event.

Snake - A symbol of wisdom in many cultures. Also a demonstration of the dangers inherent in acquiring wisdom. Metaphorically, consider the snakes bite to be an event that implies knowledge. Venom is absorbed into the body and over time, and after enough bites, an immunity is built. That is the essence of wisdom. Knowledge can kill, but if we 'survive', the accumulated result is wisdom, which makes us stronger.

Rainbow - The spectrum shows us the hidden colors that comprise white light. This too is wisdom. An unveiling of secrets, the hidden order of things. The inherent pieces that form the whole which can not be separated but yet exist apart depending on how it is viewed.

One thing I would say for certain is that these things should be taken as guides, not the point in and of themselves. The dreams and visions I've had serve to remind me that I need to pay attention in waking life. Be prepared. Watch carefully. There may be a specific event or not. And it is best to forget as much as possible. Because of the interpretative nature, it is easy to lay these images on almost any event and find a connection. Wisdom comes from integration, and integration denies the importance of one thing over another in favor of the benefit to the whole.

I hope you find this useful.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Hi Mike

I just saw this thread or I would've responded sooner. Yes, I have had very similar waking "dreams" or visions, also some during deep sleep. The rabbi you saw was most likely your angel/guide/teacher? Mine mostly shows up when I have been in deep prayer to G_d, living right, thinking right, helping all, etc. I usually find myself in discussions with him and then onto a lesson of some sort, literally living through it within the "dream" or vision.

After several lessons maybe spanning a year or two you might find yourself facing tests/temptations within these "dreams"/visions. When you find yourself thus, remember your lessons and remember always, all that is important is G_d. Always walk with love of G_d in your heart and you will do fine. And lol, try never to tick off your rabbi again, they are usually stern but if their advice is ignored, or the lesson is not learned they can go on a real rant.

Sounds as though you are doing well, and lol, you'll get used to it,

All the Best,

STM

[edit on 11/22/2008 by seentoomuch]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Source: bible.cc...

Amos 5:8
seek him that maketh the Pleiades and Orion, and turneth the shadow of death into the morning, and maketh the day dark with night; that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth (Jehovah is his name);

Yes, I can definitely say that this was your intro lesson after reading the scripture you gave. G_d wants you to know him, sent a rabbi/teacher to aid you in doing so, the rabbi went all out to do as G_d willed and really got your attention. And yes, you learned the lesson. In your post you said that it was a life changing experience and since that time you have devoted yourself to knowing G_d. If you continue to do so, the lessons/visions/dreams will continue and you will literally walk with G_d.

The lessons will become even more incredible and synchronicities, miracles will become a part of your life. But remember, be prepared for the temptations, don’t fall for them, they are usually within visions/dreams that are totally lifelike, nothing they can offer you (wealth, power, etc) is worth anything, all that is important is G_d, have no doubt.

Best regards,

STM

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   

You were probably recalling the end of your last "in".

This was the last age before the new one.

Did you see locations that seemed familiar, but you couldn't place them?

I have these war dreams often.

I am on a ship of some kind, with a military like that of "Starship Troopers", not the future so much...more like today, but with some things futuristic by our standards.

The Officer is always a bald man...and very, very mean.

Another dream had him in it except he was Egyptian in this dream as were we all, but this time we were on a scaffold or something. It was me and about 10 or 11 others and this man is yelling at us. We are all scared. He is telling us to jump. We have these bungy chords attached like "Mad Max...Thunder dome" and we are jumping and fighting one another. He is telling us to kill one another, but we are friends. He is yelling the WHOLE TIME and it is so loud...

Another one, I was at some airbase, when all of the sudden sirens start sounding. Before I know it, I have jumped, like google earth from So Cal to Northern Nevada. One jump like superman...it was so cool.

Another was of being somewhere in Nebraska. There are all of these half dead looking people chasing me. They are coming from the Grain Silos and the farms....Hundreds of them...like zombies...really scary.

Super scary one for me. I am in new york or some sort of city. Me and a friend are tooling around the back alleys as no one is around anywhere. We go into this grass field in between two buildings, like an empty parcel. We see this black door on the end of an old building. We walk up and open and look inside. Another black door, but it was to far to open one and hold the other so we let go of the outer door. It closes and the inner door opens. Before we can say anything, we are scooped up and placed on to these conveyor type belts, small black rubber like the kind you put your luggage onto at the airport only thin about a foot. This "belt" is between our legs and we are bound hand behind back and sitting on this belt. It starts moving. Before we can scream for help a device seals our mouths with our own skin.

The device then proceeds to go down, unzip and lay the family jewelery on the belt. This all happens so fast we, my friend in the dream is a friend from when I was a kid, are trying to scream when a pizza cutter type thing slices the jewels right off. We are then taken to a huge room with cryo looking type things. They have body parts from people all over except they are still animated.

I hate horror movies and don't like blood and guts. I could never figure out why I would dream that other then. "He will take 10% of all your things...some of you he will make uniqs" in the bible.

Sorry don't mean to be gross. That story still makes me feel sick. I

The visions are a whole nother thing. They are when I am wide awake. It is like a holograph unfolds on to my eyes. My eyes are dry and Hurt after these visions....

I've seen the crucifixion for goodness sake...Not a fun vision

Peace

That song, though very annoying after a while, will mean something epic...promise. Get the song and read all of the lyrics. You will feel him stop you where you need to be looking. You were meant to know that info...don't forget it. Very, Very Important...usually the father has something very specific to relate to you.

You had mentioned Nevi'm. You know after studying that prophets didn't go into squares and start speaking. They were roving bands. They sang their prophecy's to the people. They were equal with a touring band now a days.

Jona and the Whalers...."who long will they kill our prophets while we stand aside and look?"....J/K...but you get the point.

Those with ears are hearing the singing around them more and more.

Yisrael is returning to the ground that is theirs. Not the earth people live on. The earth people live in...the body.

The vision of hell you saw...is correct. It is the makings of those who lost the life or didn't regenerate...having gone into the temple (of the body) and declared themselves God of all...The final Descendant and the Last to Ascend Descendent's. No new home...heir to the thrown, No new world...or the next.

Jesus knows what he speaks of, who can take this cup from him? 3 days is 3000 years. We are in the morning of the third day, so the visions will increase...be prepared especially for judgment. No one escapes or law is not full filled. Not one is worthy. What it doesn't say is "ALL are worthy". Not one is worthy, because god is just. All cancel the debt of all who is Gods only begotten child.

"Forgive them father for they know not what they do"....They kill themselves by rejecting the true savior....the newborn child.

Anointed with S(h)emen oil, the deliverer who's name is "Self existent is salvation" Yahu-shua who is manifest in the flesh of "Virgins". That is, they have never gone out and died with no heir.

To not know a woman, was to not generate. People are all backwards on this thinking it is a "virgin", who has not bore. How can male(remembered) be a virgin of giving birth? They never Fathered, not didn't have sex. Plenty of sex, no fathering...Virgin.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
If you want to know what it means, first thing you must do is ask yourself how you feel about snakes, the dream will have different meaning if you like snakes or hate them.
the snake is a representation of your feelings and then ask how you felt when you saw the coiled rainbow.
you have to ask how that made you feel, after that you can start working on more of the hidden meanings behind it.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Did the building your were in, "the grand Hall". Was it huge with a very tall ceiling?

I've been to a similar type place.

Me, my girlfriend, my mom, another guy...we were swimming in a lake. Like the one from planet of the apes they first land in.

Anyway we are swimming and all of the sudden a big white blowfish looking thing as big as a vw bug swallow the guy with us. We all start swimming faster.
Next thing I know, I am being led down these halls with glass walls. They have holographs on the walls, but everything is lined in really red pine wood. The little man leads further into this Huge room with giant globe just suspended there in the middle, but I'm talking like 15 stories high ceiling. All some sort of Red wood.

Next thing I know I'm with my mom and some guy she is calling her husband. She is telling me I have to eat one of my relatives....I puked and ran away. She said I had to, i didn't have a choice. If I didn't I would disappear...I didn't eat.

Next thing I'm in this big metal room. There is a big metal cross in the middle of the room. All smooth walls like brushed aluminum. Someon walks me up to the cross and tells me to stand against it. I do.

I don't know how I was held on, but all I know is as I stand against the "cross"...it begins spinning on the single leg of the cross. My arms are out to the side (Jesus style) and this thing is spinning faster and faster. For some reason I am not ripped apart, but I can feel the sins being pulled out of me like weights or magnetic. The faster it spins, my skin is starting to rip at my shoulder blades. As this happens, I see wings comming out from my skin right before, I am ripped apart into dust molicules.

To this day, that was the most amazing feeling I can ever say I've felt. It pulled everything out of you, all the things weighing you down. It was spinning and I've never felt so "released" before. It was a dream, but that feeling...I've felt it....I was young, but I've felt that freeing before.

Peace

top topics

join