It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10/13 US Stocks will go through the roof..Buy EARLY

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

We shed lots of bad debt with the crash.

Correction: some businesses shed a lot of bad debt with the crash, I happened to gain a substantial amount of debt, as did every other taxpaying American.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

We will see the market go up by as much as 400-600 points 10/14 .

Not a chance of that happening tomorrow. Tomorrow will probably be the results of the G7 summit. I expect some minor losses tomorrow. -100 or -200 is likely. If we have learned anything, its that during this credit crisis, the big gains of a possible solution are actually made before the solution is even final. The bailout bill, after it was passed, experienced some losses.

Today was the overbought ralley of the g7 summit results. Tomorrow would, optimistically, see a gain of 200. Thats incredibly optimistic though.

Then prob 200-500 Wed and by Thursday-Friday I expect it to level out or drop a bit with profit taking.

What are you even basing that on? Today was so big because the deal with Mitsubishi and MS, on top of the news that the G7 came up with a solid plan, which would be finalized tuesday. Tomorrow will see losses. If there is no bad news out by wednesday, we will see a relatively dead market, which would be great for the people who bought today.

We will see selling thursday, and almost definately friday.

The market isn't going over 10,000 points. Today was a big ralley, and unfortunately, an overbought one.

That is what my magic 8 ball is telling me

That would explain it then lol.

But if we have a weak Tue-Thur which would be weird, then Friday will be a crazy up day..700 points...I just dont see that as taking place.

1. It would not be weird, and is infact, very likely.
2. You are right, I don't see that taking place either, since there will definately be no 700 point gain friday. Not a chance.

But with over a trillion gained back, and the EU banks feeling good we may see another 500 -700 point day tomorrow.

Nope, there is no big deals going on right now. All the gains that were to be made by G7, MS deal with Mitsubishi, and the EU plan, were made today. Tomorrow you are going to start to see reality set back in. That this credit crisis has done damage, and that the interbank lending hasn't actually changed yet since government promises don't mean much to banks, as we saw with the US bailout plan.

Banks will continue to be very cautious, though the LIBOR will probably drop, and free up credit a bit. Not by much though, since nothing has changed except promises. A company can still go under during that time.

US stock is dirt cheap right now. The money that was lost is going to be made up.

No, its not. It was ALOT of extremely overvalued stock. The US stocks aren't dirt cheap, at least not in financials. In fact, some of them are either where they should be or even a little overvalued again. Only a couple, when talking long term, are lower than they should be, but not by much.

Fact is that 9500 is a bit high, and the buyers got carried away today. They will see some losses over the rest of this week and the next. Granted, probably not huge losses like last week, unless some bad news comes out.

I would say 9000-9100 may very well be how we end the week.

We shed lots of bad debt with the crash, and I think that Americans will open their eyes to the fact that might have been a good thing.

Oh, it was a good thing, but in the long term. This is a bear market, no doubt about it. Every bear market has its momentary gains. They don't last. A recession, or something close, is still almost definite. The stocks will reflect that in the coming quaters.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by grimreaper797]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

With the announcement of infinite fiat by the Fed and the UK, the US is going to literally end up being on the hook for the entire world.

One more major player fails and we all go down. First bond market to go, will be the first loser.

So it's like playing hot potato then?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, just, WOW.

Ending the day 936.42 points up for the dow, thats 11.08% for those counting.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
If we have learned anything, its that during this credit crisis, the big gains of a possible solution are actually made before the solution is even final.

Is there a solution or is there just the promise of a solution?

[edit on 13-10-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Its not official of whats what till tomorrow. They gave everyone a pretty good idea of what they plan to do though. Hence the big buying on that point.

Now, if they came out tomorrow and said talks fell through and no progess was made....ugh, it would be REALLY ugly tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

I base that on the fact that EU banks are at a place now that we SHOULD be. They are working to fix the problem and they are quicker/smarter on the trigger so to speak. I think that there is at least another 500 billion in growth in the next few days. Tomorrow will be a big gain day. Not as big as today, but huge for the losses we have taken. The summit did help, and Japan was out of the game today with a holiday. I expect Japan to figure big Tuesday. Just my two cents. My magic 8 ball told me talks went great today, very upbeat. News will reflect that.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by TXMACHINEGUNDLR]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
Now, if they came out tomorrow and said talks fell through and no progess was made....ugh, it would be REALLY ugly tomorrow.

So they have absolutly no idea what to do then.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Been on this all night....Looks good for Tuesday, I see big gains ahead. Look to bank stock pulling ahead. BTW After this week you might want to pull out and put your money into a safe place. Money market accounts until the year is over...After the election. if you have ice in your veins you can get some great deals right now on stocks, but I am the better safe than sorry kind of guy. Take your profit and run. I know SAC is doing the same. I just think there is another shoe that will drop. If Obama wins the market will TANK. I mean worse than this week. US market will crash again. Fair or not, the big money people hate taxes..and with a weak market Obama is the nail in the coffin. I see this as unfair to him, but it is fact. Second choice is defense stock. We need a major world war to get us back on track. Look at history and you will understand. I have been up for 29 hours trading and am making no kind of sense here....Gotta go to bed. ONE MORE CHECK ON THE MAGIC 8 BALL........SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE......DOW UP 630 POINTS. Ok folks that is what it says.
Night..See ya tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   

We need a major world war to get us back on track. Look at history and you will understand.

Oh good times are here again.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
This has just got to be temporary, IMO. I mean they haven’t even begun to tackle the derivatives problem, and that’s many times larger than anything they’ve dealt with so far. And they’ve done nothing to address the dollar, which will continue to decline as they print them en mass and continue to pile up debt. It’s a dead cat bounce IMO.

Great call though!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

You can't base the entire day on Dow Futures man. That just means it will open big. The market right now is flirting with + and - right now. As I said, I still think it will close at worst -100 or -200 and at best about 200 up. I cant see it closing over 200, there is simply no reason for it.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

Im not listining to you Grim, I still blame you for the bailout

Yesterday was the largest dead cat bounce I had ever seen with the market. Now it's going to rollercoaster for a while and slowly rise. We are about halfway through this global recession the next 8 months or so will see slow gains in the stock market and housing market.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

And I have still been spot on both days on my predictions on the market. I said MS, followe by GS, then even BAC would be up. I said JPM would not be a buy. I said target wouldn't be a big buy. I said that today the market would close out around 100 points down realistically, 200 pessimistically, it was down 76 or so.

No, the stock market is not going to steadily rise from here. Its going to shrink back down a decent amount before it starts to rise. It won't get back to 14,000 for many many years, unless we have another artificial boom. That will just mean that we repeat this decade over.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Small bank stocks to go through the roof. The rest of the market will be frozen. Buy HSBC and TCBK. Among others.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join