It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Berlusconi Says Leaders May Close World Markets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Berlusconi Says Leaders May Close World

www.bloomberg.com

Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi said political leaders are discussing the idea of closing the world's financial markets while they ``rewrite the rules of international finance.''

``The idea of suspending the markets for the time it takes to rewrite the rules is being discussed,'' Berlusconi said today after a Cabinet meeting in Naples, Italy. A solution to the financial crisis ``can't just be for one country, or even just for Europe, but global.''

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-10-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Now this scares me. Although I know that change, big change, is needed I think that there is something to be said for changing who is changing the rules!

It says the leaders are saying we need a new 'Bretton Woods', or rather a new monetary system. The Bretton Woods system of monetary management was established back dutring WW2, and has stood since. It is a set of rules, institutions,and a system to regulate the international monetary system.

So how much do you all think it could change, or what kind of changes do you think would be good/bad for all of us?

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
yeah theres already a thread about this here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

original here
www.abovetopsecret.com... - it also has his retraction he made after someone started poking him with a stick to shut up and tow the line

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Sorry Mods, I did it again.

new topics

top topics

join