It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I honestly had no idea that it was this bad

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I am almost as through with forums as I am the politicians. So much hypocrisy. Democrats and Republicans are equally guilty of scenes such as this. I get so sick of the "holier than thou" attitude of some people. Those who blindly follow a candidate, solely because of their party affiliation, are definitely part of the problem and not the solution.

Come on people, Democrats and Republicans have all but destroyed this country. Both are guilty of divisive campaigns. This election year has done more to promote class warfare than any I can remember. It is obvious with the campaigns and the media. Unfortunately, many of you are falling into the trap of the us against them philosophy.

We are Americans. We may have differences of opinion, as any two people will have, but we all want what is best for our country. At least, I think we do. I hope we do.

Right now, though, I am embarrased at the image we are presenting to the rest of the world. Our enemies must be enjoying this and our allies must be very confused.

The first step in healing the ills of OUR country is to stop electing anyone with a D or R following their name. Stop buying into the blame game the politicians continuously regurgitate. They only point fingers to distract you and protect their own asses.

Wake up people. Obama is not the answer. McCain is not the answer. Both are just continuations of the same Washington BS we have been fed (translated - shoved down our throats) for too long.

For what it's worth.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

this is disgusting, I can't believe how cold and ignorant people are. A lot of them didn't even know what they were talking about. Disgusting!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Let's just face it. The people in this video are MORONS. So it's not worth our time analyzing their motives too much. There just isn't a lot going on between the ears. Yeah, they're out there, they're dangerous and they vote. But what can we do about it? What can John McCain or Barak Obama do about it? Not a hell of a lot. And why does John McCain go after their votes? Because their votes count just as much as the relatively intelligent people on this forum. And you know what, Barak Obama wants the MORON vote too. He's trying hard to win it, and he'd be a moron if he didn't. Being a politician means pandering to hate-filled morons. It's just a fact of life.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Distractions4Nothing]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
If the people in the video are morons, then what does that make our politicians.
Did it ever occur to you, that maybe the reason these people are so hostile and angry, is because they can see through all the lies and bull**** of all these phony, corrupt politicians. As far as the rest of the world is concerned, you American's have two choices. Which is the lesser of the two evils, Barmy Obama or John Mcinsane.
I'll take a democrat over a republican any day. However, maybe you'll come to your senses and vote for Ron Paul. It's just a shame he's not a democrat.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by kindred]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Is there a country and people so divided on this planet as america?I don`t think so!
I find this totally disgusting in this day and age,what a bunch of neanderthals!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by theodorej

Originally posted by Constitutional Scholar
reply to post by jimmyx

Incompetent morons are found in all forms of ideaology.

Why do you think someone like Obama has such wide support? It's because he is promising to reward large masses of losers with more of other peoples money.

Greetings.....We are living in the most blessed nation on this earth and we are squandering our blessings....because of our selfishness and greed and we will pay a high price for our permissive liberal stance....

well...let's see...the republicans have been in charge of the congress from 1994 to 2006 and the republicans have been in charge of the white house from 2000 to 2008....yup.....that's has "permissive liberal stance" written all over it.

Greetings jimmyx.......Your accounting of the party in control is accurate,however ,what you fail to point out is the large number of republicans that vote the democratic agenda so as to appear moderate and most of all get reelected....Now lets see!! The republican controled senate in conjunction with the democratically controled committee on banking gave us Freddie and Fannie under the toutaledge of a democratic president( Bill Clinton )As you know these two agencies were under the watchfull eye of Sen Barney Frank D from Mass. and Sen Chris Dodd D from conn....The greed and fraud in these to agencies are partially responsible for our present condition....As you should plainly see,there is no party line when it comes to the destuction of the principles this great nation was founded on.....Sen.Frank was involved personally with the director of Fannie Mae( Mr.Moses) while he was on the banking committee..

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
In glancing at responses on this topic, I noticed some seemed surprised by this. Any person of average intellegence would know from America's history this is mild behavior for us.
Obama should be lucky his arse is still upright and breathing. To me the surprise is that he is still alive. I was sure that some good-ol-boy would have ascended and collected his halo by now. I hope Mr Obama doesn't win. Nothing personal, but rest assured if he wins some knuckle dragging ape will cement his name in history and kill him.
Then all hell breaks loose. Blacks will go ape sh*t "rightfully so." but take it out on all the wrong people. I hope i'm wrong, but if i'm not you better be prepared.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BluegrassRevolutionary

So what you are saying is that George Bush did this all by himself? What your president did?... Check yourself homie. The line of politicians that sold us out is long and distingished over the past 8 years, from what ever category Rep or Dem they come from.

Besides, Bush spent more time on vacation than he did ruining your life.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elmer_Dinkley
Is there a country and people so divided on this planet as america?I don`t think so!
I find this totally disgusting in this day and age,what a bunch of neanderthals!

I would say most countries in Eastern Europe, most in the Middle East, TONS of countries in Africa, and many countries in Asia.
So divided, some have tried to completely wipe off the face of the earth people different from them. The U.S. isn't even close to that.

You're right though, it is sick and disgusting.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
what i saw on the video was just shameful.

i understand that this is an election year and an important one at that. given the current economic climate that we find ourselves living in, people are worried and even scared. with economic failings, environmental problems, crude oil prices out of control, military stretched thin, america's foreign relations politically, socially and economically a mess, this election will put forward the direction america will take. not only are we voting for our president (whomever it may be), but also members of congress, state and local officials as well.

with all that said, to see adults saying such things about a candidate is just shameful and disrespectful. it is this sort of video that shows what a small group does to taint an entire nation. what bothered me the most was the older man with a curious george stuffed animal with an obama bumper sticker for a hat. simply unbelievable and disgusting.

it is this kind of attitude and belief system that is causing america to become more and more irrelevant on a global scale.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I agree that the tone of this election cycle is deplorable. Is it worse than what has happened in past campaigns? I think not. The increasing spread of 24/7 "news" coverage, and u-tube, among others, I am sure, have enabled the public to be exposed to more of the same BS that has been prevalent in many campaigns. These venues have only allowed more exposure, the stories are the same.

I have yet to see a "BURY Obama" bumper sticker, as I did "Bury Goldwater".
I am sure the sentiment is there, however...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
If we had a black republican running for office, do you truly believe that some democrats wouldn't do like wise?

In fact its happened and democrats claimed they had every right to be racist.

washingtontimes.com...

'Party trumps race' for Steele foes

Originally published 10:49 p.m., November 1, 2005, updated 12:00 a.m., November 2, 2005

In 2001, Senate President Thomas V. Mike Miller Jr. called Mr. Steele an "Uncle Tom," when Mr. Steele headed the state Republican Party. Mr. Miller, Prince George's County Democrat, later apologized for the remark.

"That's not racial. If they call him the "N' word, that's racial," Mrs. Marriott said. "Just because he's black, everything bad you say about him isn't racial."

This week, the News Blog -- a liberal Web log run by Steve Gilliard, a black New Yorker -- removed a doctored photo of Mr. Steele that depicted him as a black-faced minstrel.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

That is a very good example you posted.

Let's face it. Every human being has the ability to hate and we all do it at one time or another. More so when it involves politics or religion.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I think the media plays a huge contributing role to the anger, racism, and hatred we are witnessing in this election. They have gone from independent journalism to pick your sideism or better yet smearnism. They are more intent on getting out the dirt than the truth.

In reality there job is to be upfront to its audience. They should be tearing Obama's and McCain's plans to shred in an effort to get to the truth. And once they find out the truth they should relay it to their audience and allow their audience to decide where the pieces fit.

It appalls me when the media allows either candidates surrogates to rattle off a bunch of erroneous talking points and not confront them with the truth. If the media did a beter job of investigating and reporting their findings, I think their would be a lot less anger, racism, and hatred. As it is now, the parties are going at each other cause everything being said is twisted until no one really know what the hell is what. This further escalates things among the party supporters. The supporters start arguing with each other over issues, anger erupts, and the name calling starts. We have seen the same type of hatred on this very site. And the main reason is because most of us get our info from the media. Many of us don't have the time or are unwilling to do our own research.

The media is out for a profit and in order to do that they must sensationalize every little story. Incidents of racisim and hatred is embedded in our history and are the type of issues that could easily garnish the type of attention the media seeks. It is no wonder why they leech on to these stories for every ounce of blood they can get. I honestly feel like the media should give themselves a gut check after this election. I feel they have a lot more good things to contribute to society than a bunch of BS talking points.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
wow the people in this video are not only hateful, but severely misinformed and ignorant . . .

prime footage of sheeple though . . .

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I think the media plays a huge contributing role to the anger, racism, and hatred we are witnessing in this election. They have gone from independent journalism to pick your sideism or better yet smearnism. They are more intent on getting out the dirt than the truth.

I've starred your post, Jam. You hit the nail on the head. The media is only interested in getting ratings up. Discussing the details of the candidates' platforms is the last thing they would be concerned with. The TV and cable news networks are nothing more than the electronic version of the National Enquirer.

It is virtually impossible to have a real political discussion about the issues of either candidate with the average American. When I Obama supporters why they like his positions, about all they can say it that "he is going to lower 95% of our taxes, and tax the rich." When I press them to tell me how he will accomplish this, and still carry out all the things he says he will do, such as health care for all, increased aid to education, etc. , they just look at me with a blank stare, but never go further. Usually all they can say is "I don't care, as long as he cuts my taxes". I think they have been conditioned not to think for themselves.
When I ask McCain supporters whether they approved of his vote for the Bailout Bill, their answer was "Sure, we needed it to protect us and our future". When I read actual verbiage from the bill, and show them how they have been betrayed, they also just have that blank stare. Some will reply "Well, xxxx(fill in your favorite TV station) said it would help save our economy. Again, they just believe the press. The problem is that the press HAD NO IDEA OF WHAT WAS REALLY IN THAT BILL. They just parroted the talking points that Pelosi, Bush and Barny Frank gave them, such as the lie that there were salary limits on Executive pay in the bill. There were NONE. Read the bill, people, just a nebulous statement that the Secretary can review Executive salaries. No limit. No requirement to change the parachute packages or anything else for that matter.

How can we as a nation exist as a FREE COUNTRY when we have a PRESIDENT, SENATORS, CONGRESSIONAL REPS , and the MEDIA all lying to us? Answer- We CAN'T.

Our nation has been HIJACKED, pure and simple. In the coming years, the Patriot Act will be used more and more, not for terrorists, but for people like you and I that continue to speak the truth.

As an educator, I have seen how the American school system has been dumbed down to the point of uselessness. This is also part of the plan to make sure that people do not THINK for themselves.

I will continue to speak out, regardless of what consequences may befall me.
I hope and pray others will follow.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Good lord that video is sad to watch! September 11th was supposed to unite us... seems it has done quite the opposite. Reminds me of the liberals who claim Bush = Hitler. We need to reign in all these whackos on both ends of the political spectrum and educate them!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
yes...it is "This Bad"....
its so mind numbing to see this behavior in people.

I was so shocked when I saw it months ago that
I started a thread about it also

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and then there was McCinsane`s 911 "tribute video".
utterly disgusting and an insult to all humanity.

and there is another thread here that shows the behaviour
of Mcinsane`s followers at a recent rally.......

like one member commented..."Its like watching a KKK rally."..
.....chilling beyond words.

the world is completely controlled by worthless Thugs/Criminals/Murderers.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Well hatred is all you'll get from McCain (Bush MkII). To call Obama a terrorist is completely out of order and it's all you'd expect from Bush loving Republicans, who all seem completely paranoid and brainwashed into percieving everyone as being their enemy. I think it's also obvious that racial hatred is still a very big problem in certain parts of America.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by kindred]

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join